Sarah Catharine Paulson
Tampa, Florida, United States
Sarah Paulson went to the Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School in Manhattan.
She later joined the American Academy of Dramatic Arts to hone her acting and drama skills.
- Father – Douglas Lyle Paulson II
- Mother – Catharine Gordon
- Siblings – Liz Paulson (Sister) (Casting Director and Actress), Rachel Paulson (Paternal Stepsister) (Actress, Writer, and Producer)
- Others – John Henry Dolcater Jr. (Maternal Grandfather), June Unger (Maternal Grandmother), John Henry Dolcater (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Julia Anna Waters (Maternal Great-Grandmother), Douglas Lyle Paulson Sr. (Paternal Grandfather), Gwendolyn Paulson (Paternal Grandmother)
Sarah Paulson is represented by Kipperman Management Ltd.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Sarah Paulson has dated –
- Tracy Letts – Sarah has dated actor and playwright Tracy Letts. They were reported to have even got engaged before she decided to get into another lesbian relationship.
- Cherry Jones (2004-2009) – Paulson started dating much older actress Cherry Jones in 2004. But, they made their relationship public at the 2005 Tony Awards as Jones, after winning best actress award shared a lengthy smooch with her new girlfriend. In 2009, after being together for more than 5 years, they decided to go separate ways. The separation was amicable.
- Holland Taylor (2015-Present) – Sarah met actress and playwright Holland Taylor for the first time in 2006. Some years later, they met again while working on a video for Martha Plimpton’s foundation. Soon after, they started messaging on Twitter, which eventually led to a dinner date. At the 2016 Emmy Awards, Sarah confessed her love for Holland in her acceptance speech.
- Amanda Peet (2017) – Since they first met on the sets of Jack & Jill series in 1990, Sarah Paulson and actress Amanda Peet have shared a very intense and visceral relationship. The level of their coziness as seen in numerous award events prove that their relationship goes well beyond a close friendship. They have been seen smooching on red carpet events like during Golden Globes 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
Sarah Paulson has Danish, English, German and French ancestry.
She has naturally “Brown” hair.
- Short hair
- Mole mark beside her lips (Left side)
- Lisping voice
34-24-34 in or 86-61-86 cm
2 (US) or 32 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU)
Sarah Paulson has not endorsed any brand.
Her religious views are not known.
Best Known For
- Playing the role of Harriet Hayes in dramedy series, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip from 2006 to 2007.
- Portraying Nicolle Wallace in a political drama TV film, Game Change (2012).
Sarah Paulson first appeared in 1997 film Levitation as Acey Rawlin.
First TV Show
In 1994, Paulson guest appeared as Maggie Conner in NBC legal drama series Law & Order.
Her workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Sarah Paulson Favorite Things
- Books – Rilke on Love and Other Difficulties (By Rainer Maria Rilke), The Liars’ Club (By Mary Karr), Atonement (By Ian McEwan), The Dead and the Living (By Sharon Olds), Where You’ll Find me and Other Stories (By Ann Beattie)
Source – Oprah
Sarah Paulson Facts
- Sarah Paulson made her professional acting debut at the age of 12 with an appearance in an off-Broadway production.
- The doctors found melanoma mole on her back when she was 25. It was surgically removed before the spread of cancer.
- Paulson is the first actress to win 5 major TV awards for her work in single production. For her role in American Crime Story, she won the Emmy, SAG, Critics’ Choice, Golden Globe, and Television Critics Association.
- She has been associated with many leading charities and social cause foundations such as UNICEF, Planned Parenthood, and Heifer International.
- In 2009, she collaborated with Charity Water foundation to provide clean water to a community in Ethiopia. This project was launched on the eve of her 35th birthday.
- Sarah has two tattoos, one on her back neck featuring stars and starburst, and another on her right foot featuring a starburst.
- She is severely scared of flying. She only does when there is an absolute necessity and only after personally meeting the flight pilot and getting assurance about their flying experience.
- In June 2016, she was featured in a video of Human Rights Campaign as a tribute to victims of Orlando nightclub terrorist attack. The video has 49 celebrities telling stories of 49 individuals killed in the shooting.
- Follow Sarah Paulson on Twitter and Instagram.