|Sarah Paulson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||December 17, 1974|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Sarah Paulson is an American actress, voiceover artist, and producer whose flourishing acting career has won her many accolades including a Primetime Emmy Award and a Golden Globe Award. She has received critical acclaim with her on-screen performances in shows and movies like Marcia Clark in The People v. O. J. Simpson: American Crime Story, Lana Winters in American Horror Story: Asylum, Bette and Dot Tattler in American Horror Story: Freak Show, Sally McKenna and Billie Dean Howard in American Horror Story: Hotel, Nicolle Wallace in Game Change, Harriet Hayes in Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Merlyn Temple in American Gothic, Tammy in Ocean’s 8, Dorothy Olding in Rebel in the Rye, Annie in What Women Want, and Jessica Hayes in Bird Box.
Sarah Catharine Paulson
Tampa, Florida, United States
She divides her time between –
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- New York City, New York, United States
Sarah Paulson went to the Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School in Manhattan.
She later joined the American Academy of Dramatic Arts to hone her acting and drama skills.
Actress, Producer, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Douglas Lyle Paulson II
- Mother – Catharine Gordon
- Siblings – Liz Paulson (Sister) (Casting Director and Actress), Rachel Paulson (Paternal Stepsister) (Actress, Writer, and Producer)
- Others – John Henry Dolcater Jr. (Maternal Grandfather), June Unger (Maternal Grandmother), John Henry Dolcater (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Julia Anna Waters (Maternal Great-Grandmother), Douglas Lyle Paulson Sr. (Paternal Grandfather), Gwendolyn Paulson (Paternal Grandmother)
Sarah Paulson has been represented by –
- Kipperman Management Ltd.
- ID Public Relations
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Sarah Paulson has dated –
- Tracy Letts – Sarah has dated actor and playwright Tracy Letts. They were reported to have even got engaged before she decided to get into another lesbian relationship.
- Cherry Jones (2004-2009) – Paulson started dating much older actress Cherry Jones in 2004. But, they made their relationship public at the 2005 Tony Awards as Jones, after winning the best actress award shared a lengthy smooch with her new girlfriend. In 2009, after being together for more than 5 years, they decided to go separate ways. The separation was amicable.
- Holland Taylor (2015-Present) – Sarah met actress and playwright Holland Taylor for the first time in 2006. Some years later, they met again while working on a video for Martha Plimpton’s foundation. Soon after, they started messaging on Twitter, which eventually led to a dinner date. At the 2016 Emmy Awards, Sarah confessed her love for Holland in her acceptance speech.
- Amanda Peet (2017) – Since they first met on the sets of Jack & Jill series in 1990, Sarah Paulson and actress Amanda Peet have shared a very intense and visceral relationship. The level of their coziness as seen in numerous award events proves that their relationship goes well beyond a close friendship. They have been seen smooching on red carpet events like during Golden Globes 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
Sarah Paulson has Danish, English, Scottish, German, Welsh, and French ancestry.
She has naturally “Brown” hair.
- Short hair
- Mole mark beside her lips (Left side)
- Lisping voice
34-24-34 in or 86-61-86 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 6 (UK) or 39 (EU)
Best Known For
- Playing the role of Harriet Hayes in the dramedy series, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, from 2006 to 2007. For this role, she was nominated for the 2006 Golden Globe Award for “Best Supporting Actress – Series, Miniseries or Television Film” as well as the 2006 Satellite Award for “Best Actress – Television Series Drama”.
- Portraying Nicolle Wallace in a political drama TV film, Game Change (2012)
Sarah Paulson first appeared in the 1997 film Levitation as Acey Rawlin.
First TV Show
In 1994, Paulson guest appeared as Maggie Conner in NBC legal drama series Law & Order.
Sarah Paulson Favorite Things
- Books – Rilke on Love and Other Difficulties (By Rainer Maria Rilke), The Liars’ Club (By Mary Karr), Atonement (By Ian McEwan), The Dead and the Living (By Sharon Olds), Where You’ll Find me and Other Stories (By Ann Beattie)
Source – Oprah
Sarah Paulson Facts
- Sarah Paulson made her professional acting debut at the age of 12 with an appearance in an off-Broadway production.
- The doctors found a melanoma mole on her back when she was 25. It was surgically removed before the spread of cancer.
- Paulson is the first actress to win 5 major TV awards for her work in a single production. For her role in American Crime Story, she won the Emmy, SAG, Critics’ Choice, Golden Globe, and Television Critics Association.
- She has been associated with many leading charities and social cause foundations such as UNICEF, Planned Parenthood, and Heifer International.
- In 2009, she collaborated with Charity Water foundation to provide clean water to a community in Ethiopia. This project was launched on the eve of her 35th birthday.
- Sarah has two tattoos, one on her back neck featuring stars and starburst, and another on her right foot featuring a starburst.
- She is severely scared of flying. She only does when there is an absolute necessity and only after personally meeting the flight pilot and getting assurance about their flying experience.
- She portrayed the character of Marcia Clark in the FX true crime anthology series, The People v. O. J. Simpson: American Crime Story, and this role won her the 2016 Critics’ Choice Television Award, 2016 Primetime Emmy Award, and 2017 Golden Globe Award.
- In June 2016, she was featured in a video of the Human Rights Campaign as a tribute to victims of the Orlando nightclub terrorist attack. The video has 49 celebrities telling stories of 49 individuals killed in the shooting.
- Sarah has a dog named Winnie.
- She was included in the list of “100 Most Influential People in the World” curated by Time magazine in 2017.
- In 2020, Sarah’s movie Run became the most-watched film in Hulu’s history.
- She has been friends with Jessica Lange, Felicity Huffman, Elizabeth Reaser, and Amanda Peet.
- In early 2021, she was injured on the set of American Crime Story and had to wear a cast on her right arm.