New York City, New York, United States
Amanda Peet went to Quaker school named, Friends Seminary.
She then studied at Columbia University and graduated with a degree in American History.
During her college time, she auditioned with acting teacher Uta Hagen and studied under her for 4 years. It was during that time that she made up her mind to step into show business.
- Father – Charles D. Peet, Jr. (Corporate Lawyer)
- Mother – Penny Levy (Social Worker)
- Siblings – She has one older sister. She is a doctor.
- Others – Samuel Levy (Maternal Great-Grandfather) (Lawyer, businessman, public official), Samuel Roxy Rothafel (Maternal Great-Grandfather) (Entrepreneur, Theatrical Impresario)
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Amanda Peet has dated –
- John F. Kennedy Jr. (1994) – Amanda Peet and lawyer and journalist, John Kennedy Jr. met at a Manhattan party in 1994 and started dating soon after. They got separated in 1994 after dating for a couple of months.
- Ben Stiller – Amanda and actor, comedian Ben Stiller started dating in the late 90s. But, their relationship couldn’t sustain long enough and they separated soon after.
- Brian Van Holt (2001-2003) – Peet and actor Brian Van Holt acted together in the destination film “Whipped” in the year 2000 and got into a relationship soon after. They dated for 2 years and separated in early 2003.
- David Benioff (2005-Present) – Amanda started dating screenwriter and TV producer, David Benioff in 2005. The duo got married in September 2006 in New York City. The couple has three children, sons Frances “Frankie” Pen Friedman (b. February 20, 2007) and Henry Peet Friedman (b. December 6, 2014), and daughter Molly June Friedman (b. 2010).
- Sarah Paulson (2017) – Amanda was seen in a lesbian kiss with her BFF and actress Sarah Paulson in January 2017 during Golden Globe Awards. Amanda described Sarah as her other husband which sparked dating rumors.
Race / Ethnicity
She has German ancestry on her father’s side and her mother is from a Jewish family.
Dark Brown (Natural)
- Cute nose
- Beautiful eyes
34-24-34 in or 86-61-86 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU) or 6 (UK)
9 (US) or 39.5 (EU)
She has served as an ambassador for the UN Foundation’s Shot@life program.
Amanda has also been seen in commercials for –
- Skittles candy
- Blistex (the 1990s)
In 2007, Amanda was seen in a print ad for TRESemme Hair Products.
Best Known For
Her portrayal of Emily Friehl in the 2005 comedy movie “A Lot Like Love”.
Amanda made her theatrical film debut in the drama film Animal Room in 1995.
First TV Show
Amanda started her career in the TV industry in the year 1995 with the show Law and Order when she appeared in a single episode as Leslie Harlan.
Amanda is a big fan of moderation and she believes in the life based on balance. She follows a healthy lifestyle and starts her day with a healthy breakfast.
Amanda Peet Favorite Things
- Food – Dave Chang’s pulled pork at “Momofuku noodle bar” in New York
- TV Show – Game of Thrones
Source – PopSugar, Architectural Digest
Amanda Peet Facts
- She was voted as one the top 50 most beautiful women in the year 2000 by People’s magazine.
- She was ranked as the 44th sexiest woman in the world by Stuff Magazine in 2002.
- She was the maid of honor at Lauren Holly’s wedding in March 2001.
- She had her first acting experience in the Skittles candy commercial.
- Amanda Peet is not on social media.
Featured Image by Mingle Media TV / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0