|Louis Cancelmi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Year of Birth||1978|
Louis Cancelmi is an American actor who started his career in 2003 with several appearances in short and independent films. However, he first came into popular notice after playing the character of Mike D’Angelo in a few episodes of the 2014 season of HBO’s period drama series Boardwalk Empire. His performance opened up more avenues for him on other TV shows and landed him the popular characters of Thomas Wilder in the crime drama TV series Blue Bloods (2015-2016) and Victor Mateo in the political drama TV series Billions (2016-2019). He has also been a regular feature in theatre productions in New York’s off-Broadway theater scene.
Louis Guy Cancelmi
Louis Cancelmi was born in 1978.
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Louis completed his schooling in Washington where his family had moved when he was a youngster. He then moved to the eastern coast and studied theater and the French language at the prestigious Yale University, graduating with a BA degree.
- Father – Louis G. “Lou” Cancelmi (Airline Executive)
- Mother – Annette Cancelmi (Teacher)
- Siblings – Annie Parisse (Older Sister) (Actress), Michael Cancelmi (Brother) (Italian Teacher)
- Others – Sam Waterston (Father-in-Law) (Actor), Lynn Louisa Woodruff (Mother-in-Law)(Model), Katherine Waterston (Sister-in-Law) (Actress), Graham Waterston (Brother-in-Law) (Writer, Filmmaker), James Waterston (Actor, Pianist) (Half Brother-in-Law), Harry J. Cancelmi, Sr. (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Smetana Cancelmi (Paternal Grandmother), Norbert A. Cancelmi (Uncle), Harry J. Cancelmi, Jr. (Uncle) (Defense Attorney), Anna Maria Parisse (Paternal Great-Grandmother), Gaetano Cancelmi (Paternal Great-Grandfather), George Chychele Waterston (Grandfather-in-Law), George Waterston (Uncle-in-Law), Roberta Waterston (Aunt-in-Law), Ellen Waterston (Aunt-in-Law)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Louis has dated –
- Elisabeth Waterston (2006–Present) – Louis got married to France-born actress Elisabeth Waterston on October 21, 2006.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Middle-Eastern)
He is of Italian, Slovak, and Polish descent on his father’s side and of Italian and Syrian descent on his mother’s side.
- Lanky frame
- Cryptic smile
- Dense, frizzy hair
- Sculpted jawline
Louis Cancelmi Favorite Things
- Shakespearean Plays – The Tempest, Measure for Measure, and Macbeth
- Performance Theater – The Public Theater in New York City
- Pets – Dogs
Source – StageRightSecrets.com
Louis Cancelmi Facts
- He frequently works in the theater world in New York’s off-Broadway scene. He played the major heroic character of Achilles in the Public Theater’s production of Shakespeare’s tragedy Troilus and Cressida. His performance earned him the St. Clair Bayfield Award.
- Louis appeared in the 2014 film Please Be Normal with his real-life wife, Elisabeth Waterston, and father-in-law, Sam Waterston in corresponding roles.
- As part of the cast of HBO’s period drama series Boardwalk Empire (2014), where he played the character of Mike D’Angelo, Louis was nominated for the “Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series” award at the prestigious Screen Actors Guild Awards.
- Louis has also performed in the United Kingdom when he performed at London’s West End in the 2003 play Vincent in Brixton. He played the leading role in that production, portraying the influential but psychologically troubled iconic artist Vincent van Gogh.
Featured Image by The Huntington / Flickr / CC BY-2.0