Kacey Lee Musgraves
Golden, Texas, United States
Kacey’s educational background is not known.
- Father – Craig Musgraves
- Mother – Karen Musgraves
- Siblings – Kelly Musgraves (Sister)
She is signed with Sandbox Entertainment.
Country, outlaw country, Americana, alternative country
Vocals, acoustic guitar, banjo, mandolin, harmonica
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm (Approx)
60 kg or 132 pounds
Kacey Musgraves dated –
- Misa Arriaga (2014-Present) – Kacey met Misa several years back as he is also a musician who plays guitar for her band. They became friends and it was like that for at least 2 years before they started dating each other.
Race / Ethnicity
Wears nose ring frequently
35-27-36 in or 89-68.5-91.5 cm
10 (US) or 40 (EU)
Her shoe size is not listed.
Her song has been featured in an Oreo commercial.
Her religious beliefs are not known.
Best Known For
Releasing her country songs with controversial lyrics such as “Follow Your Arrow,” “Merry Go ‘Round,” etc.
Kacey released her studio album Same Trailer Different Park on March 19, 2013 via Mercury Nashville.
It was certified as “Gold” in America, and peaked at #1 in US Country charts, and UK Country charts. She recorded about 519,000 sales in the U.S.
She hasn’t appeared in a feature film yet.
First TV Show
In 2007, she appeared in the musical game show Nashville Star where she was the contestant.
She does yoga to remain fit. She also eats junk food a lot especially when she is traveling and likes finding new eateries or restaurants.
Couple of years back, she tried to avoid gluten from her diet, which had a positive impact on her overall well being and health. Though, she is not diagnosed with celiac disease.
She was one given a beauty advice to do her eyes first so that the shadow particles does not harm her foundation.
She mostly applies dry shampoo on her hair. She has even said that she does not wash her hair.
Kacey Musgraves Favorite Things
- Singer – John Prine (Just because John writes amazing songs, he has became Kacey’s favorite)
- Beauty Product – FACE Atelier Ultra foundation, L’Oréal Paris Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara, MAC Cosmetics Lipstick, Dior Paradise Summer Blush Brush
- Vodka Cocktail – Zodiac cocktail called Golden Girl
- Restaurants based in Nashville (United States) – Miss Saigon, Gojo Ethiopian, Kay Bob’s, Mitchell Deli, Holland House
Kacey Musgraves Facts
- At 8, she started writing songs. Her first song was titled “Notice Me” which she wrote for her primary school graduation.
- Mandolin was the first musical instrument she learned to play.
- Kacey learned guitar later when she was 12 from a local musician named, John DeFoore.
- At 18, she started recording demos and earned money. This was her start in the country music industry.
- She was discovered at the age of 20 (in 2008) by record label Triple Pop.
- Bluegrass-country singer, Alison Krauss is her role model. But, Lee Ann Womack is her childhood influence.
- In the starting, Kacey’s sister Kelly served as the photographer for her. Her grandmother was the booking agent, her parents were also helping her sell CDs, go to various shows, etc. So, everyone was really supportive in her family.
- She has a dog named, Pearl and it has three legs.
- When she heard her song “Merry Go Round” on the radio for the first time, she got emotional.
- Miranda Lambert‘s song “Mama’s Broken Heart” was written by Kacey.
- She was placed at #70 at Maxim’s “Hot 100” list of 2014.
- She loves gay people. Her song “Follow Your Arrow” (released in 2013) talks about homesexuality and marijuana.
- If she wasn’t a singer, she would definitely be a makeup artist.
- She generally gets eczema on her arms for which she always puts vegetable shortening – crisco.
- Visit her official website @ www.kaceymusgraves.com.
- Hear more from Kacey on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Google+, and iTunes.