|Kacey Musgraves Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||August 21, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kacey Musgraves is an American singer and songwriter who has released albums and tracks like Same Trailer Different Park, Golden Hour, A Very Kacey Christmas, Pageant Material, Keep It to Yourself, Butterflies, Merry Go ‘Round, High Horse, Rainbow, and Keep It to Yourself. She has won at least six Grammy Awards (including the Grammy Award for Album of the Year in 2019), seven Country Music Association Awards, and three Academy of Country Music Awards.
Kacey Lee Musgraves
Golden, Texas, United States
- Father – Craig Musgraves
- Mother – Karen (née Abrams) Musgraves
- Siblings – Kelly Musgraves (Sister)
- Others – Darrell Gene Musgraves (Paternal Grandfather), Barbara Dean Clark (Paternal Grandmother), James Alvin Abrams (Maternal Grandfather), Barbara Ann Benthul (Maternal Grandmother)
She has been signed with –
- Sandbox Entertainment, Music Artist Management Company, Nashville, Tennessee, United States
- Paradigm Talent Agency, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Country, outlaw country, Americana, alternative country
Vocals, acoustic guitar, banjo, mandolin, harmonica, piano
Mercury Nashville, MCA Nashville
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kacey Musgraves has dated –
- Misa Arriaga – Kacey met Misa several years back as he is also a musician who plays guitar for her band. They became friends and it was like that for at least 2 years before they started dating each other. After dating for some time, they broke up.
- Ruston Kelly (2016-2020) – She started dating singer Ruston Kelly in 2016. On December 24, 2016, they announced their engagement and tied the knot on October 14, 2017, in Tennessee. The couple separated and filed for divorce in July 2020.
- Dr. Gerald Onuoha (2021) – In April 2021, she was rumored to be dating internal medicine physician Dr. Gerald Onuoha after she shared a picture with him on her Instagram profile.
- Cole Schafer (2021-Present) – In June 2021, Kacey sparked dating rumors when she was spotted with writer Cole Schafer walking in New York City, holding hands. At the time, Cole was running a creative writing shop called Honey Copy and was writing poetry under the name January Black.
Race / Ethnicity
Kacey Musgraves is of English, German, Scottish, Irish, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, Dutch, French, Welsh, Native American (Cherokee and Montaukett) descent.
Wears nose ring frequently
35-27-36 in or 89-68.5-91.5 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
Her song has been featured in an Oreo commercial.
Best Known For
Releasing her country songs with controversial lyrics such as “Follow Your Arrow,” “Merry Go ‘Round,” etc.
Kacey released her studio album Same Trailer Different Park on March 19, 2013, via Mercury Nashville.
It was certified as “Gold” in America and peaked at #1 in US Country charts and UK Country charts. She recorded about 519,000 sales in the U.S.
First TV Show
In 2007, she appeared in the musical game show Nashville Star where she was a contestant.
She does yoga to remain fit. She also eats junk food a lot especially when she is traveling and likes finding new eateries or restaurants.
A couple of years back, she tried to avoid gluten from her diet, which had a positive impact on her overall well-being and health. Though, she is not diagnosed with celiac disease.
She was once given beauty advice to do her eyes first so that the shadow particles do not harm her foundation.
She mostly applies dry shampoo to her hair. She has even said that she does not wash her hair.
Kacey Musgraves Favorite Things
- Singer – John Prine (Just because John writes amazing songs, he has become Kacey’s favorite)
- Beauty Product – FACE Atelier Ultra Foundation, L’Oréal Paris Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara, MAC Cosmetics Lipstick, Dior Paradise Summer Blush Brush
- Vodka Cocktail – Zodiac cocktail called Golden Girl
- Restaurants based in Nashville (United States) – Miss Saigon, Gojo Ethiopian, Kay Bob’s, Mitchell Deli, Holland House
Kacey Musgraves Facts
- At 8, she started writing songs. Her first song was titled “Notice Me” which she wrote for her primary school graduation.
- Mandolin was the first musical instrument she learned to play.
- Kacey learned guitar later when she was 12 from a local musician named, John DeFoore.
- At 18, she started recording demos and earned money. This was her start in the country music industry.
- She was discovered at the age of 20 (in 2008) by record label Triple Pop.
- Bluegrass-country singer, Alison Krauss is her role model. But, Lee Ann Womack is her childhood influence.
- In the starting, Kacey’s sister Kelly served as the photographer for her. Her grandmother was the booking agent, her parents were also helping her sell CDs, go to various shows, etc. So, everyone in her family was really supportive.
- She has a dog named, Pearl and it has three legs.
- When she heard her song “Merry Go Round” on the radio for the first time, she got emotional.
- Miranda Lambert‘s song “Mama’s Broken Heart” was written by Kacey.
- She was placed at #70 on Maxim’s “Hot 100” list of 2014.
- She loves gay people. Her song “Follow Your Arrow” (released in 2013) talks about homosexuality and marijuana.
- If she wasn’t a singer, she would definitely be a makeup artist.
- On March 30, 2018, she released her 4th studio album, Golden Hour, which debuted at number #4 on the US Billboard 200. The album included songs like Butterflies, Slow Burn, Love Is a Wild Thing, Wonder Woman, and others and it was certified ‘Sliver’ by the United Kingdom (BPI) and ‘Gold’ by the United States (RIAA).
- Golden Hour won various accolades including the 2019 Grammy Awards for “Album of the Year”, “Best Country Album”, “Best Country Song” (for “Space Cowboy”), and “Best Country Solo Performance” (for “Butterflies”).
- She generally gets eczema on her arms for which she always puts vegetable shortening – Crisco.
- In December 2020, Kacey, along with Troye Sivan, released a new music video titled Easy which was produced by Mark Ronson.
- In February 2020, she got her gallbladder removed from her body.
- In August 2021, Kacey released the title track from her 5th studio album, Star-Crossed. Later that month, she released another single titled Justified. Kacey released the album, Star-Crossed, in September 2021.
- In September 2022, Kacey was featured on the cover of Wonderland magazine’s “Autumn/Fall 2022” issue.