|Brandon Routh Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2½ in|
|Date of Birth||October 9, 1979|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Brandon Routh is an American actor, voice actor, and producer who is known for playing Clark Kent/Superman in the superhero film Superman Returns, Daniel Shaw in the action comedy/spy-drama television series Chuck, Officer Doug Stanton in the ABC police procedural crime drama series The Rookie, Dylan Dog in the action comedy film Dylan Dog: Dead of Night, Wyatt Plank in the CBS sitcom Partners, Max Gregory in the action-thriller series Chosen, Seth Anderson in the ABC soap opera One Life to Live, Wade in the MTV anthology series Undressed, Todd Ingram in the romantic action comedy film Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, and Ray Palmer/The Atom in shows like Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, Vixen, and Batwoman. Additionally, Brandon Routh has also been cast in many other shows and movies like Gilmore Girls, Odd Man Out, Will & Grace, Cold Case, The Batman, Zack and Miri Make a Porno, The Nine Lives of Christmas, Table for Three, The Millers, Life Is Hot in Cracktown, Lady Dynamite, Home Movie: The Princess Bride, Carla, Magic: The Gathering, The Nine Kittens of Christmas, Miss Nobody, The Informers, Unthinkable, Cost of Living, Lost in the Pacific, Anastasia: Once Upon a Time, and Look, Up in the Sky! The Amazing Story of Superman.
Brandon James Routh
Norwalk, Iowa, United States
Brandon went to Norwalk High School.
After completing his high school education, he got enrolled at the University of Iowa to study Scottish literature. However, he dropped out of university just after a year.
- Father – Ronald Wayne Routh (Carpenter)
- Mother – Catherine LaVonne (Teacher)
- Siblings – Sara Routh (Sister) (Musician and Composer). He has two other siblings. His brother is a police officer.
- Others – Amor Ellis Routh (Paternal Grandfather), Velma Mae Junkin (Paternal Grandmother), John Junior Lear (Maternal Grandfather), Viola Lorraine Brown (Maternal Grandmother)
Brandon Routh has been represented by Main Title Entertainment, Inc., Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
His net worth has been $2 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 2½ in or 189 cm
96 kg or 212 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Brandon Routh has dated –
- Courtney Ford (2003-Present) – Brandon first met his actress wife Courtney Ford at the Lucky Strikes Lane Bar in Hollywood, where he used to work as a bartender. Just to chat with him, she kept on asking for another drink under the pretense of the one before being too strong. Courtney’s brother was having his wedding rehearsal dinner party there. About three years later in August 2006, Brandon proposed to his girlfriend. They were traveling for the Superman Returns press tour and were picnicking in Glastonbury. In November 2007, they got married at the El Capitan Ranch in Santa Barbara. Courtney gave birth to a son, Leo James in August 2012.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English, Scottish, and German descent. He also has distant Welsh, Irish, and Dutch roots.
Tall and muscular body
Brandon has starred (alongside Brazilian model Thaïs dos Santos) in the print ads for the Swedish clothing store, JC Jeans & Clothes.
In 2012, he was also made the face of the print promotion campaign for Observatoire du Pain.
Best Known For
Being cast in the role of Superman / Clark Kent in the 2006 superhero movie, Superman Returns.
In 2006, he made his first film appearance in the psychological thriller film, Karla in his role as Tim Peters.
First TV Show
In 1999, he guest appeared in the ABC sitcom Odd Man Out in his role as Connor Williams.
Brandon started a serious gym workout for the first time in his life for his role of Superman. Before that, he relied on his participation in various sports to keep his body in good shape. With the regime built purely around lifting heavyweight, he managed to gain around 20 to 25-pound muscle mass in 6 months period. To complement his workout routine, he ate a lot of eggs and chicken.
Since then, he has made changes to his workout. Although he still focuses on lifting heavy weights in the gym but has reduced the frequency of his workouts to twice a week. However, he doesn’t do any cardio. But has still managed to shed around 10 to 15 pounds of inner vascular fat with the help of a Paleo bulletproof style diet.
The bulletproof diet focuses on consuming a high fat, low carbs, and moderate proteins. The biggest source of calories is fat followed by protein, and carbs come last in the pecking order. In fact, he starts his day with about 500 calories blended in his morning coffee in the form of grass-fed butter and coconut oil. The whole premise of this diet philosophy is that fat isn’t bad for the body.
Brandon Routh Favorite Things
- Superhero – Superman
- Movie – Braveheart (1995)
- City To Spend Time In – Norwalk, Iowa
- Athlete – Michael Jordan
- Sports Movie – Rudy (1993)
- Game – World of Warcraft
Brandon Routh Facts
- Brandon uses he/him pronouns.
- While studying in high school, he was active in a number of sports. He also actively participated in theater and music, including playing trumpet and piano in his free time.
- Brandon was first discovered by his former manager due to his resemblance to George Reeves, who had played Superman before him. His manager believed that he could get him in the role of Superman if the new movie was made.
- At the age of 24, Routh auditioned with director McG for a superhero project. However, McG was removed from the project and Bryan Singer was hired instead.
- He was later spotted by Singer when he saw old audition tapes. He was impressed by Routh’s resemblance to a comic book icon and his perfect combination of confidence and vulnerability.
- Routh had signed a contract with Warner Bros. to star in two sequels of Superman Returns. However, the two sequels were scrapped due to the poor box-office performance of the first movie.
- He holds the distinction of having played two superheroes. After playing Superman, he was cast in the role of Ray Palmer/The Atom for the third season of the action crime series, Arrow.
- To prepare in the best way for his role as Superman, he hired a movement coach so that he could perfect the body language needed for the best portrayal of the role.
- While growing up, he believed that he couldn’t become a professional actor due to his small-town upbringing and background.
- While studying in college, he used to model and act in small projects so that he could pay off his tuition fees.
- In his college days, he aspired to become a writer.
- In his early struggling days, he used to work as a bartender in a Los Angeles bar for some financial security. He even attended the National Bartending School in California.
- Routh holds the distinction of having played the same superhero character in three TV series. He played Ray Palmer / The Atom in Arrow, The Flash, and Legends of Tomorrow.
- He has done voiceover for video games such as Superman Returns, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Lego DC Super-Villains, and Magic: The Gathering Arena.
- Alongside Emily Carey, Amiah Miller, Armando Gutierrez, and Claire Crosby, he co-starred portraying the role of Tsar Nicholas II of All Russia in the 2020 fantasy adventure film Anastasia: Once Upon a Time.