|Mark Ronson Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||September 04, 1975|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Mark Ronson is an English-American musician, DJ, songwriter, and record producer who has worked with some of the top musicians like Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga, Adele, and Amy Winehouse among others. He has accomplished a lot in his musical career and has numerous Grammy and Golden Globe awards. Mark has enjoyed break-way success and is very famous in the music industry.
Other than entertainment, he is involved in various charities like the Amy Winehouse Foundation, End The Silence campaign and Turnaround Arts which all deal with music and education especially for disadvantaged youth. He has also supported other causes like at-risk/disadvantaged youths, children, disaster relief, and education. He has a huge social media fan base with more than half a million followers on Twitter and more than 600k followers on Instagram.
Mark Daniel Ronson
St. John’s Wood, London, England, United Kingdom
Mark Ronson attended the private Collegiate School in Manhattan before attending Vassar College and then New York University.
Musician, DJ, Songwriter, Record producer
- Father – Laurence Ronson (Real-estate Speculator)
- Mother – Ann Dexter (Music Manager)
- Siblings – Charlotte Ronson (Younger Twin Sister) (Fashion Designer), Samantha Ronson (Younger Twin Sister) (Singer, DJ)
- Others – Alexander (Half-Brother), Annabelle (Half-Sister), Henrietta (Half-Sister), David (Half-Brother), Joshua (Half-Brother), Mick Jones (Stepfather) (Guitarist), Michele First (Stepmother), Gerard Ronson (Uncle), Henry Ronson (Paternal Grandfather), Sadie Raine (Paternal Grandmother), Frederick/Fred Deutsch (Maternal Grandfather), Judith Lurie (Maternal Grandmother)
Mark Ronson is managed by –
- Full Stop Management (General Manager)
- Barbara Charone
- Amanda Silverman and Kate Rosen, The Lede Company, Beverly Hills, California, USA
- Sarah Weinstein Dennison, RCA Records
- Cris Hearn (Booking Agent UK/Europe), Coda Music Agency
- Jenna Adler, Hunter Williams, Matt Kingsley (Booking Agents US), Creative Artists Agency (CAA), Los Angeles, California, USA
- MBC PR (Public Relations Agency), London, UK
- Chloe Walsh, Grand Stand Media (Publicist)
Electronic, Funk, Pop, Soul, Hip Hop, Pop Rock
Guitar, Keyboards, Bass guitar, Drums, Percussion, Turntables, Synthesizer
- Allido Records
- Elektra Records
- Columbia Records
- RCA Records
- J Records
6 ft or 183 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mark Ronson has dated –
- Frankie Rayder (1999-2000) – Mark dated model Frankie Rayder for about a year from 1999 to 2000.
- Rashida Jones (2002-2004) – Mark and actress Rashida Jones started dating in 2002, and in 2003, he proposed to her using a crossword puzzle. They, however, did not make it down the aisle because they broke up a year later.
- Cosi Theodori-Braschi (2005–2008) – He dated Cosi Theodori-Braschi for 3 years and Mark expressed deep sadness on their split.
- Daisy Lowe (2008) – Mark and model Daisy Lowe dated for a short time in 2008 as they realized that the 14 year age gap was not working for them.
- Tennessee Thomas (2008-2009) – Mark’s romance with drummer Tennessee began shortly after the break-up with Daisy. The romance barely made it to the six-month mark.
- Joséphine de La Baume (2011-2018) – Mark was married to actress Josephine for 5 and a half years but split up in 2017 citing irreconcilable differences as the reason for the divorce. The divorce was finalized in 2018.
- Samantha Urbani (2017-2018) – Mark started dating singer Samantha just four months after divorcing Josephine. However, this relationship also came to an end by 2018.
- Rebecca Schwartz (2019) – In March 2019, it was confirmed that he was dating a girl named Rebecca Schwartz who was a Saturday Night Live talent executive. They had separated after dating for a couple of months.
- Genevieve Gaunt (2019-2020) – Towards the end of 2019, Mark had started dating actress Genevieve Gaunt. However, they split in 2020.
- Grace Gummer (2020-Present) – American actress Grace Gummer (who is the daughter of Meryl Streep) and Mark were first spotted in September 2020 having dinner with friends. They never officially confirmed their relationship but had started dating the same year. In May 2021, there were engagement rumors. In June 2021, during an episode of The FADER Uncovered podcast, Mark confirmed that they had got engaged. In September 2021, on his 46th birthday, Mark announced that he and Grace had tied the knot.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Jewish ancestry from both sides of the family with Austrian, Lithuanian, and Russian ancestry.
- Dark or platinum blonde hair
Mark has endorsed brands like –
- Patron Tequila
- Hyundai (2015)
Best Known For
- DJing for all kinds of events, whether high profile or private events
- Producing for a wide range of artists like Sean Paul, Macy Gray, Consequence, and Ol’ Dirty B*stard
- Being a singer and launching his own albums like his first album Here Comes the Fuzz in 2003 which received positive feedback from critics. He has since launched many other albums like Version (2007), Record Collection (2010), Uptown Special (2015) and Late Night Feelings (2019)
- Writing songs for some of the most relevant musicians of modern times including Amy Winehouse, Adele, Bruno Mars, among others
- Appearing in a number of films including Zoolander (2001)
Mark made his theatrical film debut as himself in the 2001 comedy film Zoolander.
First TV Show
Mark Ronson made his first TV show appearance as himself on Howard Stern on Demand in 2006.
Mark does not exercise much due to his busy schedule. On his day off, he prefers to just relax.
Mark Ronson Favorite Things
- Food – Shepherd’s pie with peas, Curly Wurly chocolate
- TV Show – Mad Men
- Color – Green
- Books – Crime and Punishment by Fëdor Michajlovič Dostoevskij, A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce
Source – Vogue, EsquireMe.com
Mark Ronson Facts
- He was born in London and at the age of 8, he moved to New York City. He considers himself to be more English than American.
- Mark started playing drums at 5 years of age, at the age of 14, he played in a band and got his turntables at the age of 18.
- He started DJing at a New York club while in the university where he charged $50 per job.
- He is a childhood friend of musician Sean Lennon.
- He was the DJ at Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes‘s wedding.
- Mark became a U.S. citizen in April 2008.
- The Ronson family had been one of Britain’s wealthiest families in the 1980s, but the 1990 property crash saw the family lose more than $1 billion of their money.
- The family name originally “Aaronson” was later shortened to Ronson by his grandfather Henry.
- In 2008, he became the 1st artist to win a Brit Award for “Best Male” without singing on the actual record.
- While preparing his hit “Uptown Funk”, he started to lose his hair and even fell unconscious in the café toilet.
- In 2016, Ronson was voted the “Most Stylish Man in the UK” by GQ Magazine.
- In 2015, he was named one of GQ magazine‘s “50 Best Dressed British Men.”
- He proposed to Rashida Jones by creating a crossword puzzle with the message “Will you marry me?”
- His ex-wife Joséphine de La Baume, appeared in the music video for The Bike Song.
- His divorce from Joséphine de La Baume became final in October 2018.
- His honeymoon with Joséphine de La Baume was in Zanzibar.
- On his break, he prefers to lie on the beach and rest.
- His song Uptown Funk toppled Taylor Swift off the number 1 position at the “Billboard Hot 100 Chart.” The song reached in the top 10 ranks in nearly every country it charted.
- Lastrada Entertainment sued him for copyright infringement on the song Uptown Funk in 2017. 3 other parties have lodged lawsuits.
- Ronson has received many awards like Grammy Award, Brit Award, BMI Award, Soul Train Music Award, Critics Choice Award, Golden Globe Award, Guinness World Records, and MTV Video Music Award.
- He got 6 nominations for his work with Amy Winehouse on the Back to Black album in the categories “Album of the Year”, “Best Pop Vocal Album”, “Best Female Pop Vocal Performance”, “Song of the Year”, and “Record of the Year.”
- He won 3 Grammys in the categories “Producer of the Year”, “Best Pop Vocal Album”, and “Record of the Year.”
- Ronson divides his time between London, Los Angeles, and New York.
- He is a fan of the EPL, Chelsea, and the New York Knicks basketball team.
Featured Image by Mark Ronson / Instagram