|Grace Gummer Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||May 9, 1986|
Grace Gummer is an actress and the daughter of famous actress Meryl Streep. She was not much into the theater and acting during her school time. In fact, she played sports a lot. She had initially dreamed of becoming a costume designer.
Grace Jane Gummer
New York City, New York, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Grace Gummer went to the Poly Prep Country Day School in Brooklyn, New York City. After graduating from high school, Grace got enrolled at Vassar College. She graduated from college with a degree in Italian and Art history.
- Father – Don Gummer (Sculptor)
- Mother – Meryl Streep (Actress, Philanthropist)
- Siblings – Henry Wolfe Gummer (Older Brother) (Actor, Songwriter, Musician, Singer), Mamie Gummer (Older Sister) (Actress), Louisa Gummer (Younger Sister) (Model)
- Others – William Adolph Gummer (Paternal Grandfather), Dorothy Jacobson (Paternal Grandmother), Harry William Streep (Maternal Grandfather), Mary Wolf Wilkinson (Maternal Grandmother)
Grace Gummer is represented by Anonymous Content.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Grace Gummer has dated –
- Tay Strathairn (2017-2020) – Towards the last months of 2017, Grace was reported to be dating keyboardist, Tay Strathairn. They had first met in 1993 on the sets of the movie, The River Wild, in which their parents Meryl Streep and David Strathairn were cast. They were reported to have been spotted getting close at the premiere of the HBO documentary Spielberg in October 2017. On July 10, 2019, they got married. Just after 42 days of marriage, on August 21, 2019, they had called it quits. On March 23, 2020, Grace had filed for divorce from Tay in Los Angeles. In August 2020, the divorce was finalized.
- Mark Ronson (2020-Present) – In September 2020, Grace was spotted with English musician, Mark Ronson and some friends having dinner together. They had started dating the same year, though, there was never an official confirmation. In May 2021, they were rumored to have got engaged, and in June 2021, during an episode of The FADER Uncovered podcast, Mark confirmed the rumors of their engagement.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Norwegian, German, English, Irish, Scottish, Swiss-German, Scots-Irish, and Northern Irish ancestry. She also has traces of French and Swedish ancestry.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She often tends to dye her hair ‘blonde’ or ‘auburn’.
- Blue eyes
- Prominent nose
Grace Gummer has appeared in a TV commercial for RAINN, which is a non-profit organization that aims to tackle sexual assaults.
Best Known For
- Her immense performance in the Broadway production of the play Arcadia. It was her Broadway debut and she managed to win the Theatre World Award.
- Having appeared in popular TV shows such as American Horror Story: Freak Show and Mr. Robot.
In 1993, she made her theatrical film debut in the drama movie, The House of the Spirits, which was based on the popular novel of the similar name written by Chilean writer Isabel Allende.
First TV Show
In 2010, Grace Gummer made her first TV show appearance as Anna Moore on the comedy series, Gigantic (2010-2011).
Grace Gummer Favorite Things
- Go-To Power Outfit – Pantsuits
- Designers – Sies Marjan, Dries Van Noten, Dusan, Maryam Nassir Zadeh, YSL, Acne, Valentino
- Role Models – Sarah Paulson, Claire Danes, and Carey Mulligan
- TV Show – The Real Housewives of New Jersey
Grace Gummer Facts
- To prepare for her role of an FBI agent in the TV show Mr. Robot, she met real FBI agents for her research.
- She was planning to become a costume designer when a theatre director friend sent her a script and on reading the script, she decided that she wanted to become an actress.
- While studying in high school, she was the captain of the school’s swim team. She used to aspire to participate in Olympics. In fact, she was more into sports than she was into theatre.
- While in high school, she also used to play lacrosse.
- Her mother Meryl Streep was pregnant with Grace when she was shooting for the 1986 movie Heartburn.
- She is fluent in speaking both English and Italian.
Featured Image by Grace Gummer / Facebook