|Karena Evans Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||December 17, 1995|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Karena Evans is a Canadian director and actress who has gained popularity and exposure for directing the music videos for Drake‘s 2018 Billboard Hot 100 chart-topping singles – God’s Plan, Nice for What, and In My Feelings. Her talents in the field helped her become the first woman to receive the Prism Prize’s Lipsett Award for music video direction while she also won the 2018 Much Music Video Award for “Best Director”. In addition to that, she has also been cast in shows and movies in roles such as Sonya/Jodi Collins in Delta State: Slipping Into the Future, Chantal in Firecrackers, Heather in Mary Kills People, Hannah/A in Every Day, Layla in The Beaverton Digital, and Linda Malbon in In Contempt.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
TV Director, Actress, Music Video Director
- Sibling – Jordan Evans (Older Brother) (Record Producer, Songwriter, Talent Manager)
Karena Evans has been signed with The Talent House, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Curly hair
- Toned body
- Freckled face
She has directed commercials for brands like Nike, etc.
Karena Evans Facts
- She grew up in Toronto.
- For her work in God’s Plan, she won “Best Director” at the 2018 iHeartRadio MMVAs.
- Vogue has praised Evans as “surely destined to be the starriest young video director in the firmament”.
- In 2018, she was cast in the recurring role of Heather in the television drama series, Mary Kills People.
- Karena Evans played the role of Hannah in the 2018 American romantic fantasy drama film, Every Day, starring Angourie Rice, Justice Smith, Debby Ryan, and Maria Bello.
- She has credited Melina Matsoukas as one of her major influences and once even called Melina Matsoukas her “hero” in an interview with Billboard.
- Black Entertainment Television (BET) included Karena Evans in its “Future 40” list in 2020. The list comprises “40 of the most inspiring and innovative vanguards who are redefining what it means to be unapologetically young, gifted, and black”.
- She has worked in several music videos including Everyday Life by Coldplay, Garden (Say It Like Dat) by SZA, Tap Out by Jay Rock, and The Come Down Is Real Too and Mumble Rap by Ahmad Kasem Balshe (a.k.a Belly).
Featured Image by Karena Evans / Instagram