|Maria Bello Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||April 18, 1967|
Maria Bello is an American actress and writer who has acted in films such as Permanent Midnight (1998), Coyote Ugly (2000), The Cooler (2003), A History of Violence (2005), The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (2008), Prisoners (2013), and Lights Out (2016). She is also well recognized for portraying characters such as Dr. Anna Del Amico in the popular medical drama TV series ER (1997–1998), Jane Timoney in the police procedural drama TV series Prime Suspect (2011-2012), Lucy Robbins in the drama TV series Touch (2012-2013), and Jacqueline ‘Jack’ Sloane in the action-drama police procedural TV series NCIS (2017-2020).
Maria Elena Bello
Norristown, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, United States
Venice, Los Angeles, California, United States
Maria had graduated from the Archbishop John Carroll High School in Radnor, Pennsylvania. She had then majored in political science at the Villanova University, a private Catholic university in Radnor Township, Pennsylvania.
- Father – Joe Bello (Contractor)
- Mother – Kathy Bello (Nurse, Teacher)
- Siblings – Lisa Bello (Sister), Christopher Bello (Younger Brother) (Actor), Joseph Bello (Brother)
- Others – Patrick Salvatore Bello (Paternal Grandfather), Irene Mabel Martinelli (Paternal Grandmother)
She is represented by –
- John Carrabino Management, Los Angeles, California, United States
- The Gersh Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Maria has dated –
- Mariska Hargitay (1997) – Rumor
- Dan McDermott (1999-2006) – Maria has a son named Jackson Blue McDermott (b. March 5, 2001) from her long-term relationship with screenwriter and producer Dan McDermott.
- Bryn Mooser (2008-2010)
- Clare Munn (2011-2016) – Maria was in a same-s*x relationship with entrepreneur Clare Munn from 2011 to 2016. In 2011, the duo had co-founded CQ Matrix Company, an organization aiming to help clients achieve ‘transformative living and the power of intelligent exchange’ by enhancing their communication quotient. In 2015, Maria had published a book titled Whatever…Love Is Love: Questioning the Labels We Give Ourselves that explored her s*xuality and her relationship with Clare. The couple parted ways in 2016.
- Dominique Crenn (2019-Present) – Maria began dating renowned French chef Dominique Crenn in 2019 and they got engaged on December 29, 2019, during a vacation in Paris. They made their first public appearance together at the 92nd Academy Awards in February 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Italian descent on her father’s side and Polish descent on her mother’s side.
She often tends to dye her hair blonde.
- Petite frame
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
Maria Bello Facts
- She was a varsity cheerleader at Archbishop John Carroll High School.
- While studying political science at Villanova University, she had strong ambitions of becoming a lawyer. However, during her senior year, she had taken an acting class for fun wherein she discovered a new-found love for the art form. She soon started taking acting seriously and began auditioning for roles in plays and theater productions.
- She is a regular practitioner of Muay Thai kickboxing.
- Maria has 2 pet dogs.
- She was diagnosed with bipolar disorder when she was 28 years old.
- She is the godmother of fellow actress Carrie-Anne Moss‘s first son while Carrie-Anne is the godmother of Maria’s son Jackson Blue McDermott.
Featured Image by Maria Bello / Instagram