|Mariska Hargitay Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7¾ in|
|Date of Birth||January 23, 1964|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Mariska Hargitay is an American actor, voice artist, director, producer, and philanthropist who made her film debut in the 1985 horror-comedy film Ghoulies. She has also been cast in various other movies and shows in roles like Detective/Sergeant/Lieutenant/Captain
Olivia Benson in the NBC crime drama series Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Cynthia Hooper in the NBC medical drama series ER, Didi Edelstein in the CBS sitcom Can’t Hurry Love, Officer Angela Garcia in the CBS crime comedy-drama series Tequila and Bonetti, Jennifer in the martial arts action film The Perfect Weapon, Tenar (voice) in the English dub of the Japanese anime epic fantasy film Tales from Earthsea, and Carly Fixx in the CBS prime time soap opera Falcon Crest. Her performance in Law & Order: Special Victims Unit won her many accolades including a Primetime Emmy Award and a Golden Globe Award.
Mariska Magdolna Hargitay
Bubbles, Maria, Marish, Mackie
Santa Monica, California, United States
In 1982, Mariska Hargitay graduated from the Marymount High School in Los Angeles.
After graduation, she joined UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television. However, she left it before completing her studies to focus on her acting career.
To hone her acting skills, Mariska also attended the Groundlings Theatre and School in Los Angeles.
Actor, Voice Artist, Director, Producer, Philanthropist
- Father – Mickey Hargitay (Former Mr. Universe)
- Mother – Jayne Mansfield (Former Actor)
- Siblings – Miklos Hargitay (Older Brother), Zoltan Hargitay (Older Brother) (Actor), Jayne Marie Mansfield (Older Half-Sister) (Actor), Antonio “Tony” Cimber (Younger Half-Brother) (Actor), Tina Hargitay (Older Half-Sister)
- Others – Ferenc Hargitai (Paternal Grandfather), Mária Róth Fischer (Paternal Grandmother), Herbert William Palmer (Maternal Grandfather), Vera Jeffrey Palmer (Maternal Grandmother)
Mariska Hargitay was earlier represented by William Morris Endeavor agency.
However, after her agent Erwin More left WME to join Paradigm agency in 2009, she followed him to Paradigm. (via Hollywood Reporter)
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth had been $100 Million.
5 ft 7¾ in or 172 cm
65 kg or 143 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mariska Hargitay has dated –
- Richard Anthony Crenna (1986-1988) – She was romantically involved with actor Richard Anthony Crenna between 1986 and 1988.
- Grant Show (1993) – In 1993, she had an affair with actor Grant Show.
- Maria Bello (1997) – There have been long-standing RUMORs that Mariska Hargitay had been involved in a lesbian relationship with her close friend and actor Maria Bello. Maria’s coming out in 2013 certainly gave more air to these rumors.
- Lance Young (1992) – Mariska got engaged to the studio executive Lance Young in 1992. However, their relationship didn’t last long as they soon called off their engagement.
- Peter Hermann (2002-Present) – Mariska started going out with actor Peter Hermann after having met him while shooting for Law & Order: SVU. Around two years after the start of their relationship, they got married in August 2004 in Mariska’s hometown Santa Monica. In June 2006, Mariska gave birth to a baby boy, August Miklos Friedrich Hermann through an emergency cesarean surgery. They adopted Amaya Josephine in April 2011 and attended her birth. They later adopted Andrew Nicolas Hargitay Hermann in October 2011. Andrew was born a couple of months before the adoption.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she is of Hungarian descent and has English, Cornish, and German roots on her maternal side.
She might be Bisexual.
37-28-36 in or 94-71-91.5 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
9.5 (US) or 7 (UK) or 40 (EU)
Mariska was featured in the print promotions for the American Milk Processors milk mustache campaign and Karastan carpets and rugs in 2007.
She has done numerous TV commercials for social cause campaigns such as –
- Autism Speaks
- No More Domestic Violence
- Joyful Heart Foundation
- Give a Damn
- The More You Know
Best Known For
Playing detective Olivia Benson in the crime drama series, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
Hargitay made her film debut in 1985 with the horror-comedy film Ghoulies for her role as Donna.
First TV Show
Her first TV show performance was in the role of Jesse Smith in the crime drama series Downtown in 1986.
Mariska Hargitay maintains her ageless stunning body by working out regularly with a trainer in the gym. In the summer, she sticks to swimming for low-impact cardio activity. She also tries to walk around as much as possible in New York City.
Apart from that, she tries to tuck her hips in and squeezes her belly as much as possible while standing during the shooting.
When it comes to diet, she attempts to eat as many veggies as possible. In her meals, she includes green vegetables as sides with chicken, fish, or lamb.
Mariska Hargitay Favorite Things
- Comfort Food – Mac and Cheese
- Memorable Meal – Caprese salad at a restaurant called La Conca del Sogno on Amalfi Coast
- Gym Songs – Start Me Up (By The Rolling Stones), I’m Yours (By Jason Mraz), Empire State Of Mind (By Jay-Z & Alicia Keys), Thriller (By Michael Jackson)
Mariska Hargitay Facts
- At the age of 3, Mariska was involved in a serious car accident with her two brothers and her mother. She and her brothers suffered minor injuries but her mother and her boyfriend didn’t survive.
- Mariska Hargitay is fluent in 5 languages, including English she can speak Spanish, Italian, French, and Hungarian.
- In December 2008, she suffered a mishap while performing a stunt at the set of SVU. Due to the fall, her lung partially collapsed, which required surgery. She continued to experience chest pain afterward.
- Hargitay has founded the Joyful Foundation. She is also the president of the charity that works to support the survivors of child abuse, domestic violence, and sexual assault.
- In 2008, the prestigious People magazine included her in the list of “Hundred Most Beautiful People in the World.”
- She campaigned for the reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) in 2012.
- In November 2013, she was honored with the star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Incidentally, her star was placed next to the one, her mother Jayne Mansfield had received.
- She has been friends with Angelique L’Amour, Glenn Close, Jennifer Barker, Ina Garten, Hilary Swank, Christopher Meloni, Taylor Swift, Alexandra Wentworth, and Joely Fisher.
- Mariska has received certified training in working as a rape crisis counselor.
- In September 2011, she made a donation of $100,000 to the UCLA School of Theater Film and Television, which is her alma mater, for scholarship funds.
- She once pretended to be her Law & Order: Special Victims Unit character to help a pregnant woman, who had collapsed on the sidewalk in NYC.
- She won the title of Miss Beverly Hills in a 1982 beauty pageant.
- In July 2021, Mariska broke her ankle after she slipped and fell at the Black Widow after-party.