Hilary Ann Swank
Lincoln, Nebraska, U.S.
Until 16, she went to Happy Valley Elementary School, Fairhaven Middle School, and then Sehome High School in Bellingham.
Later, she enrolled herself in South Pasadena High School in Los Angeles. She attended the school but dropped out later.
Actress, film producer
- Father – Stephen Michael Swank (Chief Master Sergeant in the Oregon Air National Guard and later a traveling salesman)
- Mother – Judy Kay (née Clough) (Secretary, and dancer)
- Siblings – Daniel Swank (Older Brother) (He is eight years her senior)
- Others – Frances Martha Dominguez (Maternal Grandmother)
Hilary is signed to Creative Artists Agency (CAA). She has Amie Yavor and Josh Lieberman as her agents in her team.
In October 2011, she kicked her agent Jason Weinberg, the founding partner of Untitled Entertainment.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Hilary Swank dated –
- Chad Lowe (1992-2006) – In 1992, the actors Chad Lowe and Hilary started dating after meeting at the Athletic Club. He saw her across the room and according to him, the time stood still. After dating for 5 years, the couple married on September 28, 1997. After a successful happy married life of eight years, the couple split on January 9, 2006. Their divorce was finalized on November 1, 2007.
- John Campisi (2006-2012) – In December 2006, Hilary commenced dating her agent, John Campisi. They dated for more than five years before separating in July 2012.
- Laurent Fleury (2012-2015) – In 2012, Hilary started dating French real estate broker, Laurent Fleury (He is also an avid surfer and water skier). They dated for three years and called it quits in the summer of 2015. The reason for the split is believed to be the angry behavior of Hilary after getting drunk in a bar.
- Ruben Torres (2015-2016) – In 2015, Hilary started dating former professional tennis player and a financial advisor with UBS, Ruben Torres. On March 22, 2016, her engagement news with Rueben came. But, by June 2016, everything had come to an end.
- Philip Schneider (2016-Present) – Hilary met entrepreneur Philip Schneider on a blind date in 2016. They soon started dating. On August 18, 2018, the two got married. The wedding ceremony happened at the 20,000-acre conserve which had 800 years old trees around.
Race / Ethnicity
She has German, other English, Scottish, Swiss-German, English, Dutch, Scots-Irish, Welsh, Mexican (Spanish and Native American) ancestry.
34-24-35 in or 87-61-89 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
She has appeared in advertisements for “Insolence” eau de toilette by Guerlain in 2006, Estée Lauder in 2004, Calvin Klein underwear in 2004, and Independent Film Channel in 2000.
Best Known For
Playing Brandon Teena in the independent romantic drama film Boys Don’t Cry (1999), as Jeanne St. Rémy de Valois in The Affair of the Necklace (2001), and as Maggie Fitzgerald in sports drama film Million Dollar Baby (2004).
In 1992, Hilary appeared in the action / comedy horror film Buffy the Vampire Slayer for her role as Kimberly Hannah.
First TV Show
In 1990, she played the role as Danielle in ABC’s family-friendly prime-time television programming block TGIF.
In 1991, she guest appeared in sitcom Harry and the Hendersons in an episode titled “Harry Goes Ape.”
She works out regularly for her different roles in the films. For the 2004 film “Million Dollar Baby,” Hilary worked out to get toned arms and shoulders. Swank worked under the guidance of trainers Rich and Helene Guzman, who are also the co-owners of L.A. R.O.X.
She actually gained 19 pounds of muscle for the film. You may also want to try biceps curl, triceps extension, and chest flye to get those arms. Do around 30 minutes of cardio like running, walking, hiking, swimming, etc. twp times in a week.
In general, Swank exercises for 5 days in a week. Hilary does running for 2 to 3 times in a week. In addition to this, she does Pilates for 3 times in a week. She believes in healthy living and eats everything in moderation.
Hilary Swank Favorite Things
- Film – Citizen Kane (1941), The Graduate (1967), The Godfather (1972), The Wizard of Oz (1939)
- Filmmaker – Elia Kazan, Orson Welles
Source – HollywoodReporter.com
Hilary Swank Facts
- Hilary was formerly a vegetarian.
- Hilary uses the surname “Swank,” which is originally “Schwenk.” The name is of German origin.
- Her most of the family members are from Ringgold County, Iowa.
- Hilary moved with her family to Bellingham, Washington at the age of 6.
- Hilary had participated in Junior Olympics and the Washington state championships to compete in swimming.
- Swank first appeared on the stage at the age of nine when she starred in The Jungle Book.
- While in school, she was active in gymnastics and swimming.
- When 16, she relocated to Los Angeles with her mom as a result of her parents’ divorce.
- She runs a charity and has a production company. When she is not working, she tries to find some projects for her company.
- She had studied acting with Larry Moss.
- In 2008, Hilary was diagnosed with ovarian cysts and endometriosis. In September 2020, she filed a lawsuit against SAG-AFTRA claiming that their health plan continued to cover her treatment only until 2015 and after that, the Board of Trustees pulled her coverage. In August 2021, it was revealed that Hilary and SAG-AFTRA had settled the lawsuit.
- Hilary is best friends with actress Mariska Hargitay.