|Lars Ulrich Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5¼ in|
|Date of Birth||December 26, 1963|
Lars Ulrich is a Danish musician, songwriter, actor, and record producer who is best known for being the drummer and co-founder of the American heavy metal band Metallica. He has given several successful songs with the band like Lords of Summer, Broken, Beat & Scarred, All Nightmare Long, and many more. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 700k followers on Instagram and more than 100k followers on Twitter.
Gentofte Municipality, Denmark
San Francisco, California, United States
Lars attended the Corona del Mar High School.
Musician, Songwriter, Actor, Record Producer
- Father – Torben Ulrich (Professional Tennis player)
- Mother – Lone (née Sylvester-Hvid)
- Others – Einer Ulrich (Paternal Grandfather) (Professional Tennis Player), Ulla Meyer (Paternal Grandmother), Sven Sylvester Hvid (Maternal Grandfather), Gudrun Barfoed (Maternal Grandmother)
Lars is represented by Q-Prime Management.
Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal, Hard Rock, Speed Metal
- Megaforce Records
- Elektra Records
- Vertigo Records
- Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Blackened Records
5 ft 5¼ in or 166 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lars has dated –
- Debbie Jones (1988-1990) – Lars married a British woman named Debbie Jones in 1988. The couple met on tour and they got divorced in 1990.
- Skylar Satenstein (1997-2004) – He married an emergency medicine physician, Skylar Satenstein in 1997. They had 2 sons before getting divorced in 2004.
- Naomi Campbell (2001) – Lars was reportedly linked with model Naomi Campbell in 2001 after they were seen flirting in a nightclub in San Francisco.
- Connie Nielsen (2004-2012) – Lars was romantically involved with Danish actress Connie Nielsen from 2004 to 2012.
- Jessica Miller – He later began dating fashion model Jessica Miller and the two got married in 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Danish, Ashkenazi Jewish, and German ancestry.
Best Known For
Being the drummer and co-founder of the American heavy metal band Metallica
Lars released his first studio album titled Kill ‘Em All along with the band Metallica on July 25, 1983. The album was declared ‘platinum’ by The Recording Industry Association of America, The Australian Recording Industry Association, and Music Canada.
Lars made his theatrical film debut as himself in The Darwin Awards in 2006.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance in Headbangers Ball in 1993.
Lars Ulrich Facts
- Lars’s first encounter with music happened when his father brought passes for 5 of his friends for the Deep Purple concert but one of them could not make it so Lars went instead.
- At the age of 10, after watching the Deep Purple, he was so mesmerized by their performance that the other day he went to buy the band’s album Fireball.
- It was after watching the concert that he was inclined towards music as a career.
- At the age of 12 or 13, he received his first drum kit from his grandfather.
- He had originally intended to become a tennis player like his father and was in fact, ranked in the top 10 tennis players of his age group in Denmark. But unfortunately, he failed to make a place in the 7 man Corona del Mar High School tennis team.
- Forgetting his dream to pursue tennis, he found console in music.
- In one of the interviews, he revealed that the moment he witnessed the American hard rock/heavy metal band, Y&T, he was sure about being the musician.
- In 1981, he got obsessed with the British heavy metal band Diamond Head after purchasing their debut album Lightning to the Nations. He was so in love with their music style that he traveled from San Francisco to London just to see the band’s live performance at the Woolwich Odeon.
- After all these obsessions, he placed an advertisement in a local classifieds newspaper for interested musicians to start a band with him and got a call from his Metallica member James Hetfield and they both co-founded Metallica.
- Follow him on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Carlos Rodríguez / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0