|Piyush Chawla Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||December 24, 1988|
Piyush Chawla is an Indian cricketer who is known for his googly ball and all-round performance. He has played domestic cricket for the Uttar Pradesh team and the India U-19 team. Piyush began his career in the 2004-2005 season during the U-19 tournament and took 13 wickets with a bowling average of 12. Piyush had a wonderful inning against Pakistan in the U-19 tournament and ended with a figure of 4/8 in 2006. He has been a successful bowler in the ODI format and also one of the very few players to have been part of the World Cup-winning teams both in the T-20 format as well as the ODI format.
Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh, India
Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
He is managed by Sanket Koyate from Vadose Entertainment.
Right-Arm Leg Break
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Piyush has dated –
- Anubhuti Chauhan (2011-Present) – Piyush and Anubhuti started dating in 2011 and tied the knot in 2013. They have been together since then and have a son named Advik.
Race / Ethnicity
- Dimples on the face
- Round Face Structure
He has endorsed brands like –
- Game of Dot
Piyush Chawla Favorite Things
- Food – Dal with Jalebi (A street food found in Moradabad)
- U.P. Phrase – Chida rahe ho, boss?
Source – CricketCountry.com, YouTube
Piyush Chawla Facts
- He was just 16 years old when he took a wicket of Sachin Tendulkar in a domestic match and he considers it to be his most cherished moment.
- He played for India when he was just 17 years old and was the 2nd youngest to play for India after Sachin Tendulkar.
- Piyush is a very versatile player as he is an efficient leg spinner in international formats and an all-rounder in domestic cricket.
- He considers Anil Kumble as his mentor and the one who has always motivated him.
- He considers his short height as a boon as it helps him give more flight to the ball.
- Piyush represented India U-19 in 2004-05 against England and took 13 wickets.
- He made his international debut in 2006 against England.
- He made his ODI debut against Bangladesh in 2007.
- Piyush was a part of Sussex Country Club for a period of one month in 2009.
- He was a part of the 2007 ICC World T20 team as well as the winning team of the 2011 ICC World Cup.
- He started his IPL career with Kings XI Punjab in 2008.
- Piyush became the 4th bowler to take 100 wickets in IPL when he started playing for KKR.
- As of February 2020, his fastest delivery being a spinner has been 117km/hr.
- Piyush scored a century of 140 balls during the 2013 County championship trophy.
- His bowling style is mainly disguised googly.
- In the Challenger Trophy in the 2005-06 season, he took wickets of Sachin Tendulkar, Yuvraj Singh, and Mahendra Singh Dhoni and his performance as described by Cricinfo was considered as “impressive”.
- He is considered to be one of the most successful bowlers in the history of the Indian Premier League.
- In May 2021, he lost his father Mr. Pramod Kumar Chawla who was suffering from COVID-19 and post covid complications.
Featured Image by Piyush Chawla / Instagram