|Namita Thapar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||March 21, 1977|
Namita Thapar is an Indian businesswoman, investor, and TV personality who is best known as the executive director of Emcure Pharmaceuticals Limited, an Indian multinational pharmaceutical company headquartered in Pune. The company has a turnover of more than USD 750 million, has a presence in 70 countries, and employs more than 10,000 people. She became a household name in India in December 2021 when she was unveiled as one of the ‘sharks’ on the first season of Shark Tank India, the Indian version of the popular reality TV franchise Shark Tank where entrepreneurs make business presentations to a panel of investors or ‘sharks’ who decide whether to invest in their company.
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Namita, after her high school graduation, had joined the Savitribai Phule Pune University, a collegiate public state university in her hometown of Pune. She had graduated from there with a degree in commerce.
Around the same time, she had joined the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), the world’s second-largest professional accounting body and the largest professional accounting body in India. She had obtained a degree in chartered accountancy during her time there.
Namita had then enrolled in The Fuqua School of Business, the business school of Duke University, a private research university in Durham, North Carolina. She had completed an MBA degree there.
Businesswoman, Investor, TV Personality
- Father – Satish Mehta (Businessman, Founder of Emcure Pharmaceuticals Limited)
- Mother – Bhavna Mehta
- Siblings – Samit Mehta (Younger Brother) (Businessman, President R&D of Emcure Pharmaceuticals Limited)
- Others – Aashu Mehta (Sister-in-Law) (Engineer)
In 2021, Namita Thapar’s net worth was $83 million according to South China Morning Post.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Namita has dated –
- Vikas Thapar – Through her marriage to a businessman named Vikas Thapar, Namita has 2 sons named Vir Thapar and Jai Thapar.
Race / Ethnicity
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, shoulder, length, wavy hair
- Gleaming face
- Cheerful smile
Namita Thapar Facts
- After graduating from The Fuqua School of Business, Namita had worked for about 6 years with Guidant Corporation, an American company that designs and manufactures artificial cardiac pacemakers, implantable cardioverter-defibrillators, stents, and other cardiovascular medical products.
- Thereafter, she had joined her family business (Emcure Pharmaceuticals Limited) as the chief financial officer. She was later appointed a member of the regional advisory board of Fuqua School of Business India.
- She has also operated a YouTube channel called Unconditional Yourself with Namita where she covers issues and topics related to the wellbeing of girls.
- Heavily involved in social issues, Namita has also been associated with several initiatives of the Government of India such as ‘Women’s Entrepreneurship Platform’, ‘Digital Health Task Force’, and ‘Champions of Change’. These programs had been initiated by India’s prime minister Narendra Modi to encourage the involvement and partnership of Government to Business Services (G2B) in the central government’s policymaking and welfare initiatives.
- She is an active investor and also teaches youngsters via Incredible Ventures Ltd., an education company that imparts entrepreneurship lessons to 11-to-18-year-olds in cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Pune, Chennai, and Ahmedabad.
Featured Image by Namita Thapar / Instagram