|Christopher Meloni Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||April 2, 1961|
Christopher Meloni is an American actor who is best known for his portrayal of characters such as Frankie Fanelli in the sitcom The Fanelli Boys (1990-1991), Chris Keller in the drama TV series Oz (1998–2003), Detective Elliot Stabler in the crime drama TV series Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (1999–2011), August Pullman in the period drama TV series Underground (2016–2017), and Nick Sax in the live-action/adult animated black comedy TV series Happy! (2017–2019). He is also well recognized for his supporting roles in movies such as 12 Monkeys (1995), Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998), Runaway Bride (1999), and Man of Steel (2013).
Christopher Peter Meloni
Washington, D.C., United States
New York City, New York, United States
Christopher had attended the St. Stephen’s School (now known as St. Stephen’s & St. Agnes School), an independent Episcopal private college preparatory school in Alexandria, Virginia. After his high school graduation, he had joined the University of Colorado Boulder, a public research university in Boulder, Colorado, from where he had graduated in 1983 with a degree in history.
He later trained under renowned acting teacher Sanford Meisner and continued his studies at the Neighborhood Playhouse School of the Theatre in New York City as well as the Center for the Media Arts.
- Father – Charles Robert Meloni (Endocrinologist) (d. August 6, 2012)
- Mother – Cecile Lydia Meloni (née Chagnon) (d. 2016)
- Siblings – Robert Meloni Jr. (Older Brother), Michele Meloni (Older Sister)
- Others – Mary-Teresa Meloni (Step-Mother), Charles Meloni (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Repetti (Paternal Grandmother), Charles Edmond Chagnon (Maternal Grandfather), Mariette Carmel Dancoes (Maternal Grandmother)
6 ft or 183 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chris has dated –
- Sherman Williams (1993-Present) – Chris had started dating production designer Sherman Williams in 1993 and they got married on July 1, 1995, in a ceremony in Malibu, California. They have 2 children together – a daughter named Sophia Eva Pietra Meloni (b. March 23, 2001) and a son named Dante Amadeo Meloni (b. January 2, 2004).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian (Sardinian) descent on his father’s side and French-Canadian descent on his mother’s side.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, receding hairline
- Often sports a rugged goatee
- Affable smile
- Gravelly voice
- Has the ‘Crucifixion of Christ’ tattooed on his upper left arm
- Has a butterfly tattooed on his left upper thigh
- Has the Chinese astrological chart of his family tattooed on his right lower leg
Christopher has been featured in the TV commercials for –
- Slice (soft drink) (1988)
- Head & Shoulders (1989)
Christopher Meloni Facts
- Christopher, before getting an acting break, used to work in several different jobs – as a bouncer, bartender, a personal trainer, and even as a construction worker.
- In 2006, he had finished as a runner-up in the 8th series of Celebrity Poker Showdown and had donated his earnings to Feed the Children, a non-profit organization headquartered in Oklahoma City.
- In 2007, he was inducted into his high school’s ‘Athletic Hall of Fame’. He was the quarterback of their football team that went unbeaten in 1978.
- In 2014, he had bought the house that was used as the setting of the popular sitcom The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet (1952-1966).
Featured Image by Christopher Meloni / Instagram