|Mamie Gummer Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||August 3, 1983|
Mamie Gummer is an American actress who is best known for starring in several films such as Ricki and the Flash (2015), Side Effects (2013), The Lifeguard (2013), and The Ward (2010). She is also distinguished for being the oldest daughter of Academy Award-winning actress Meryl Streep. Mamie has also been noted for her titular role in Emily Owens, M.D. (2012–2013).
Mary Willa Gummer
New York City, New York, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Mamie studied at Miss Porter’s School in Farmington, Connecticut and later, went on to complete her studies at the Kent School.
She graduated with a degree in theater and communications from Northwestern University School of Communications in 2005.
- Father – Donald J. Gummer (Sculptor)
- Mother – Meryl Streep (Actress)
- Siblings – Henry Gummer (Older Brother) (Musician), Louisa Gummer (Younger Sister) (Actress), Grace Gummer (Younger Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Mary Wolf (Maternal Grandmother) (Fine Art, Art Editor), Harry William Streep (Maternal Grandfather) (Pharmaceutical Executive), William Adolph Gummer (Paternal Grandfather), Dorothy Jacobson (Paternal Grandmother)
Mamie is represented by –
- Untitled Entertainment
- Creative Artists Agency
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mamie has dated –
- Benjamin Walker (2008-2013) – Mamie started dating actor Benjamin Walker after they met on the set of the theatre production Dangerous Liaisons in 2008. The couple dated for almost 1 and half years before getting engaged in October 2009. Later, on July 16, 2011, the two finally got married to each other at their parents’ home in Connecticut. They lived in a place situated on Park Slope, Brooklyn, New York City. However, the vows they made at their wedding didn’t take them a long way as almost 2 years later, the couple had announced that they had broken off their marriage.
- Mehar Sethi (2018-Present) – Screenwriter Mehar Sethi and Mamie got engaged in August 2018. In December 2018, she also made announcements of being pregnant with her first child.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English, German, Swiss-German, Irish, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, Scottish, distant French and Swedish ancestry on her mother’s side, while, on her father’s side, she has Norwegian, English, and 1/8th French ancestry.
In 2009, she appeared in a campaign for designer Gerard Darel‘s autumn/winter 2009 – 2010 collection campaign.
Best Known For
- Starring in several films such as Ricki and the Flash (2015), Side Effects (2013), The Lifeguard (2013), and The Ward (2010)
- Being cast as the titular character in Emily Owens, M.D. (2012–2013)
- Being nominated for the Drama Desk Award for “Outstanding Actress in a Play” for her character in the play Ugly Lies the Bone
Mamie made her first theatrical film appearance as Annie Forman in Heartburn in 1986. However, her role was credited as Natalie Stern.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as Sally Smith Adams in the historical drama series John Adams in 2008.
As a voice actress, Mamie made her TV show debut as Carly in the stop-motion sketch comedy Robot Chicken in 2018.
Mamie Gummer Favorite Things
- Actress – Cate Blanchett
Source – Inquisitr
Mamie Gummer Facts
- She was born in New York City, New York, but raised in Salisbury, Connecticut and later, moved to Los Angeles, California along with her family.
- She is the first of 3 daughters to be born in New York City.
- Her youngest sibling Louisa Gummer is the only one who did not choose a career in the entertainment industry. Instead, she chose to become a model.
- Mamie was 2 years old when she made her first film appearance as Annie in Heartburn (1986). She starred as the child of mother Meryl Streep and actor Jack Nicholson. Her role was credited as Natalie Stern to hide her true identity from the press.
- In 2006, Mamie was entitled with the Theatre World Award for her role in the production Mr. Marmalade.
- She is a complete fashion freak and names Australian Cate Blanchett as her inspiration.
- In 2015, Mamie raised her voice for “gender equality” by taking part in the #MakeItFair campaign.
- In 1983, Mamie’s mother Meryl received the award for Best Actress Oscar for the role in Sophie’s Choice (1982). At that time, she was due with Mamie.
- In the past, she was inclined to learning more about gardening, self-defense, manual transmission. She also wanted to learn to speak Spanish and play the guitar.
- Mamie wanted to be a certified EMT specialist in the past.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by The Heart Truth / Flickr / Public Domain