|Don Gummer Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||December 12, 1946|
Don Gummer is a talented American sculptor whose work portfolio includes table tops, wall-mounted sculptures, and huge free-standing art pieces made in bronze, stained glass, aluminum, and stainless steel. His work has been described as ‘giving postmodern life to classic principles of abstract composition’ by the art critic Irving Sandler. However, he is predominantly known in the media for his marriage to the Hollywood A-lister, Meryl Streep.
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
He completed his graduation from the Ben Davis High School located in Indianapolis. For the next 2 years, he attended Herron School of Art and Design. Later, he studied at Boston’s School of the Museum of Fine Arts from 1966 to 1970.
Moreover, he enrolled at the Yale School of Art and received his Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) as well as Master of Fine Arts (MFA) degrees.
- Father – William Adolph Gummer
- Mother – Dorothy Ann Jacobson
- Siblings – William Gummer (Brother), Jack Gummer (Brother), Richard Gummer (Brother), Steven Gummer (Brother), Mark Gummer (Brother)
- Others – Ida June Gummer (Granddaughter) (Henry’s Daughter), Quinn William Gummer (Grandson) (Henry’s Son)
In 2023, Don Gummer’s net worth was $80 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
67 kg or 147.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Don Gummer has dated –
- Peggy Jenel Lucas – He had a short-lived marriage with Peggy Jenel Lucas in the 1970s.
- Meryl Streep (1978-2017) – In 1978, he met actress Meryl Streep through her brother. The couple fell in love right away and wed on September 30, 1978. They raised 4 children together: a son named Henry Wolfe Gummer (b. November 13, 1979) and 3 daughters named Mamie Gummer (b. August 3, 1983), Grace Gummer (b. May 9, 1986), and Louisa Gummer (b. June 12, 1991). After enjoying more than 45 years of wedded bliss, the couple was reported to have been quietly separated for the past 6 years in October 2023.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Norwegian, German, English, and (1/8th) French ancestry.
However, his hair has turned ‘Gray’ due to his advancing age.
- Curly hair
- Thin lips
Don Gummer Facts
- He was named in honor of his mother’s twin brother Donald James Jacobson, who had fought in World War II and died in action.
- Don debuted his first solo exhibition in 1973; the year of his graduation at 112 Greene Street located in New York City.
- He and Meryl are known for their extensive philanthropy work as they have made significant contributions to arts organizations and educational institutions like the Silver Mountain Arts Foundation, Opus School in Harlem, Vassar College, and many others.
- Don shares his birth date with prominent Hollywood celebrities such as Jennifer Connelly, Mayim Bialik, Dionne Warwick, Bill Nighy, Bob Barker, Madchen Amick, Regina Hall, Lucas Hedges, and several others.
- His work has been showcased in the public collections of the Hiroshima Lying-in Hospital in Japan, the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art in the United States, The Butler Institute of American Art in Ohio, the Preston Arts Center in Kentucky, etc.
Featured Image by Donjgummer / Instagram