|Mayim Bialik Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||December 12, 1975|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Mayim Chaya Bialik
San Diego, California, United States
Mayim Bialik attended Walter Reed Junior High School (renamed as Walter Reed Middle School) in Los Angeles.
She then moved to North Hollywood High School, from which she graduated in 1993.
Despite being accepted by Yale University and Harvard University, she opted to attend UCLA (University of California, Los Angeles). She completed her neuroscience B.S. degree with minors in Jewish and Hebrew studies. In 2007, she accomplished her Ph.D. in neuroscience from UCLA.
Actress, neuroscientist, author
- Father – Barry Bialik
- Mother – Beverly Bialik
- Siblings – Isaac Brynjegard-Bialik (Brother)
Mayim Bialik is represented by TalentWorks.
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
62 kg or 137 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mayim Bialik dated –
- Michael Stone (2002-2013) – Mayim Bialik met Michael Stone during her graduation days at UCLA. After dating for a couple of years, they got married in August 2003 in an intimate ceremony, which has Victorian-themed and included Jewish wedding customs as well. Stone converted to Judaism for marriage. In 2005, Mayim gave birth to her first son, Miles Roosevelt Bialik Stone and their second son, Frederick Heschel Bialik Stone was born in 2008. However, in November 2012, Mayim announced on her parenting blog that she was separating from her husband. Their divorce was finalized in May 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Polish, Czechoslovakian, and Hungarian descent.
- Prominent nose
- Strong cheekbones
- Conservative dressing style
38-30-39 in or 96.5-76-99 cm
14 (US) or 46 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU)
Mayim Bialik has channeled her love for academics by endorsing a number of products from Texas Instruments. As part of her ambassadorial duties, she often attends educational conferences and other academic events to endorse Texas Instruments calculators.
She has also appeared in TV commercials for Mcdonald’s and Funnovation, Inc.
Modern Orthodox Judaism
Best Known For
- Starring in the CBS comedy series, The Big Bang Theory in the role of Dr. Amy Farrah Fowler.
- Playing the title role in NBC sitcom, Blossom.
Her first film role came in the comedy-drama film Beaches for her role as Young Cecilia “CC” Carol Bloom in 1988.
First TV Show
Her first TV show appearance came in 1987 in the CBS series The beauty and the beast for her role as Ellie in episode 4 of season 1.
Mayim Bialik has been an avid fan of martial arts and used to practice Brazilian jiu-jitsu during her university days at UCLA. She also regularly lifts lightweight at the gym at the Warner Bros. studios. Plus, she has taken to jogging and goes on to run about two miles per day.
Mayim Bialik follows strictly vegan diet. Every once in a while, she completely cuts out processed food, refined flour and sugar from her diet to reset her digestive system. During such periods, she only fancies fruits and vegetables. The return to regular diet is slow and steady with unprocessed soy and raw nuts, first things to be added back.
Mayim Bialik Favorite Things
- Guilty Pleasures – Fries and chocolate
- A Place to Visit – Japan
- Writer – J.D. Salinger
Source – WebMD, CBS
Mayim Bialik Facts
- Mayim Bialik is a big fan of ear piercings and has overall 14 ear piercings with 8 in her right ear and 6 in her left ear. She got 7th before the shoot of 8th season of Big Bang Theory but it eventually closed up.
- Mayim actively tries to disconnect from the technology. She practices no phones at the table rule and also avoids using any gadget every night.
- Mayim Bialik is a regular contributor to the Jewish parenting website Kveller. In her section, she regularly shares her tips on almost everything ranging from vegan meals to her Jewish faith.
- In 2015, Mayim Bialik founded Groknation.com to share her views on culture, faith, woman issues, and parenting. She also interviews celebs for the Hollywood section.
- She is a big advocate of the “attachment parenting” concept, which necessitates physical contact between child and mother. She has written a book on the topic in collaboration with pediatrician Jay Gordon.
- Mayim is a vegan and has written her own cookbook titled Mayim’s Vegan Table, containing more than a hundred vegan recipes.
- She is a music enthusiast and is quite accomplished in playing bass guitar, piano, trumpet, and harp, which she learned to play for The Big Band Theory.
- She is a self-confessed cat lover and over the years, has adopted manatee, wolf and a whale.
- In August 2012, she was involved in a car accident, which crushed her left hand and it was feared that she might lose a finger as well.
- She has worked as a music director for a Jewish A Cappella group, Shir Bruin while at UCLA in 2001.
- In March 2021, during one of the episodes of her podcast, she revealed that she is a compulsive overeater and suffers from anorexia.
- Along with Mike Richards, Mayim was announced as the host of the famed quiz show, Jeopardy! in August 2021.
- In June 2022, it was revealed that Mayim had tested positive for COVID-19.