|Brooke Burns Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||March 16, 1978|
Brooke Burns is a model turned actress best known for her role as Jessie Owens in Baywatch: Hawaii (1998–2001) and frequent appearance in Hallmark and Lifetime TV films. She was a presenter in reality shows in the early years of her career and became a game show host with The Chase (2013–2015) and Masterminds (2020).
Brooke Elizabeth Burns
Dallas, Texas, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Burns studied at Trinity Christian Academy in Addison, Texas.
She started learning ballet at the age of 2 and started training as a dancer with Dallas Metropolitan Ballet.
Model, Actress, Game Show Host / TV Personality
- Father – Brad Thomas Burns (Worked in the Oil business)
- Mother – Betsy Davis Burns
- Siblings – She has 2 sisters.
- Others – Bobby McGregor Burns (Paternal Grandfather), Abigail Mae Hamilton Burns (Paternal Grandmother), Gregory O’Connor aka Greg (Brother-in-Law) (Producer, Writer)
She is represented by –
- Agency for the Performing Arts (APA)
- Cohn / Torgan Management
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Julian McMahon (1998–2001) – Brooke married actor, Julian McMahon in 1999. The couple separated in 2001 and finalized their divorced in 2002. Julian is the son of former Prime Minister of Australia, Sir William McMahon. The couple has one daughter together named Madison Elizabeth McMahon (b. June 2000) who splits her time between her two parents in Los Angeles and New York City.
- Steve Bing (2003) – Burns was frequently spotted hanging out with businessman and film producer Stephen Leo Bing in 2003. She broke up with him after he cheated on her.
- James Wilder (2003) – She was spotted kissing soap opera actor, James Wilder in a parking lot in 2003.
- Bruce Willis (2003–2004) – Burns started dating the action movie star in autumn 2003. Following a brief engagement, the couple broke up in June 2004 after a relationship of 10 months.
- Dominic Purcell (2008) – The actress reportedly dated the Australian actor from April to June 2008.
- John Cusack (2010–2011) – Brooke dated the veteran actor for a little over a year.
- Gavin O’Connor (2011–Present) – The actress publicly announced her engagement in a TV interview aired in December 2011. Gavin is a filmmaker from Long Island best known for directing Warrior (2011) and The Accountant (2016). He has a daughter named Bronwen O’Conner from a previous relationship and Brooke is her stepmother. Gavin and Brooke have a daughter named Declan Welles (b. January 2017).
Race / Ethnicity
She predominantly has English and Scottish ancestry.
- A lean and slender figure
- Thick lower lip
- Often wears a big smile for the camera showcasing perfectly veneered teeth
9.5 (US) or 7 (UK) or 40 (EU)
- She was a model in ads for Mug Root Beer and Carrows Restaurants in the past.
- Brooke has also been featured in Betty Barclay advertisements.
- She was cast in TV commercials for Double Mint Gum (1997) and as Vicki Vale in Batman-themed commercials for OnStar (2001).
Brooke Burns Favorite Things
- Sports Team – Dallas Cowboys (American Football)
- Breakfast Food – Oatmeal
- Beverage – Coffee (Hot Latte, Ice Coffee)
- Guilty Pleasure – French Fries, Dairy Queen
- Dinner Meal – Steak, Mashed Potatoes, Beans
- Lunch Meal – Quinoa, Vegetables
- Chewing Gum – Spry gum
- Vacation Spot – Hawaii, Big Sur
- Weekend Getaway – Cabo San Lucas in Mexico
- Designers – Dolce & Gabbana, Prada
- Game Shows – The Price is Right, Wheel of Fortune
Brooke Burns Facts
- In high school, Brooke was gangly and taller than all the boys in her class so her classmates would call her Olive Oyl – the cartoon character.
- Brooke aspired to become a professional ballet dancer hoping to work with legendary choreographer Mikhail Baryshnikov someday. Her dreams were cut short when she tore the ACL of the knee at the age of 15 in a skiing accident and tore it again at 17. Brooke went into depression and her mother encouraged her to try modeling to get her out of it.
- When she turned 16, her family temporarily moved to Europe, and Burns briefly stayed at Paris, Milan, and Munich as a working model.
- Running in the mountains is her main form of exercise and gives her a lot of pleasure.
- In 2005, she sustained a neck fracture due to diving in the shallow end of a pool. Her paramedic friend onsite floated her to the surface without putting any stress on her spine that saved her from becoming a quadriplegic. She underwent a procedure in which the doctors installed a rod and 2 plates of 10 screws of titanium in her cervical spine.
- In an episode on Hollywood Medium aired in August 2017, Brook revealed the details of her grandparents’ tragic demise. Her grandmother shot her grandfather and then killed herself with the same gun.
Featured Image by Brooke Burns / Instagram