|Jennifer Connelly Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6½ in|
|Date of Birth||December 12, 1970|
Jennifer Connelly is an American actress and voiceover artist who made her acting debut with the film Once Upon a Time in America in 1984 and has since become one of the celebrated actresses in the entertainment industry. She has also appeared in movies like Labyrinth, A Beautiful Mind, Mulholland Falls, Requiem for a Dream, Hulk, The Day the Earth Stood Still, Salvation Boulevard, He’s Just Not That Into You, 9, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Noah, Of Love and Shadows, Dark City, Seven Minutes in Heaven, Stuck in Love, American Pastoral, Alita: Battle Angel, Top Gun: Maverick, Winter’s Tale, Waking the Dead, and Etoile. She gained widespread popularity with her role as Alicia Nash in A Beautiful Mind and won multiple accolades for her performance, including the Academy Award for “Best Supporting Actress”, Golden Globe Award for “Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture”, and British Academy Film Award for “Best Supporting Actress”. In addition to that, she was named Amnesty International Ambassador for Human Rights Education in 2005 while she was also included in their lists of the world’s most beautiful women by Time, Vanity Fair, Esquire, and Los Angeles Times.
Jennifer Lynn Connelly
Cairo, New York, United States
She attended a private arts-based school, Saint Ann’s in New York City.
Later from 1988 to 1989, she attended Yale University in Connecticut to study English. Just after two years, she transferred herself to Stanford University in Stanford, California to study drama in 1990. She left the college in that year only to focus more on her film career.
Film and Television Actress, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Gerard Karl Connelly (Clothing Manufacturer)
- Mother – Ilene (Antiques Dealer)
- Siblings – None
- Others – Jacob “Jack” Schumann/Schuman (Maternal Grandfather), Leah/Leona “Lee” Bernzweig (Maternal Grandmother)
As a child model, she was signed to the Ford Modeling Agency.
She has also been signed with MGMT Entertainment, Artist Management Company, West Hollywood, California, United States.
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
52 kg or 115 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jennifer Connelly has dated –
- Don Johnson (1989) – After meeting on the set of the 1990 movie The Hot Spot, the actress was RUMORed to have had a fling with actor Don Johnson in 1989.
- Dweezil Zappa (1990) – Jennifer dated rock guitarist, Dweezil Zappa for a short time in 1990. They started dating in July 1990 and separated later in that year.
- Billy Campbell (1990-1995) – The Rocketeer co-stars Billy Campbell and Jennifer Connelly dated from 1990 to 1995, ON and OFF. They were also engaged during this period but didn’t marry. She was a little more careful about the marriage after seeing her own parents’ divorce.
- Billy Crudup (1996) – In 1996, Inventing the Abbotts co-stars, Billy Crudup and Jennifer Connelly dated in the year 1996. They were having a strong sexual relationship in the film.
- David Dugan (1996-1997) – Soon after splitting with Billy, she met a photographer David Dugan in 1996 during a rock-climbing expedition. They started dating and soon she became pregnant with David’s child. She gave birth to their first child on July 10, 1997, named Kai. The couple separated in 1997, shortly after that time. Kai stays with her mom and goes to see his father on weekends.
- Josh Charles (1999-2002) – From 1999 to 2002, actors Josh and Jennifer have dated. They separated just before the Oscars 2002 after she won an award for “Supporting Actress.” It was said that Josh could not handle her success and was perturbed by the romance rumors between Jennifer Connelly and Russell Crowe. Hence, he left her.
- Russell Crowe (2002) – New Zealand actor Russell Crowe and Jennifer had a fling in 2002. The stars were seen cuddling during Critics Choice Awards that year.
- Paul Bettany (2002-Present) – In April 2002, Jennifer Connelly started dating English actor Paul Bettany after meeting him on the set of A Beautiful Mind. She finally decided to marry him, and the ceremony happened on January 1, 2003, in Scotland. Jennifer gave birth to the couple’s first child, Stellan (named after actor friend Stellan Skarsgård) on August 5, 2003. The couple’s second child (and Jennifer’s third child), Agnes Lark was born on May 31, 2011, in New York City.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Norwegian and Irish descent on her father’s side and is Ashkenazi Jewish on her mother’s side.
- Thick eyebrows
- Cool green eyes
- Deep-sultry voice
34-23-33 in or 87-58.5-84 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 6 (UK) or 39 (EU)
Balenciaga, Revlon, Shiseido: (1980’s and 2012), Panasonic (the 1980’s), Lux Shampoo (the 1990’s), Gitano (1980’s).
She was announced as Amnesty International’s Ambassador for Human Rights Education on November 14, 2005.
Jennifer has also been named as the ambassador for Save the Children fund.
Jennifer’s dad is Roman Catholic while her mom is Jewish.
Best Known For
Playing Alicia Nash in the 2001 biographical drama film A Beautiful Mind, as Betty Ross in 2003 superhero film Hulk, as Marion Silver in the 2000 psychological drama film Requiem for a Dream, Nana Kunning in the 2014 drama film Aloft, and many others.
Connelly made her film debut in 1984 with the crime drama film Once Upon a Time in America for her role as Young Deborah Gelly.
First TV Show
In 1982, Jennifer appeared in ITV’s television series Tales of the Unexpected in just one episode entitled “Stranger in Town” for her role as “the girl.”
Jennifer Connelly Favorite Things
- Food – Sushi, turkey burger (She was vegan before her first-time pregnancy)
- Cartoon – Scooby-Doo
- Books – The Beauty of the Husband (By Anne Carson), Thérèse Raquin (By Èmile Zola), Ulysses (By James Joyce)
- Color – Cobalt blue, light gray, forest green
Source – MarieClaire.com, Oprah.com, IMDb
Jennifer Connelly Facts
- Due to her father, being an asthma patient, she and her family relocated to Woodstock, New York in the year 1976 so that they can stay away from the city smog.
- Connelly was born in Cairo (in New York) but grew up in Brooklyn Heights (in New York).
- She has an Australian shepherd dog, named, Pip.
- Jennifer was encouraged by her parents to enter into show business.
- She enjoys drawing. She also has an interest in software and mathematics.
- She has no siblings.
- She was vegan before her first pregnancy. She broke it after eating a turkey burger.
- Connelly auditioned for the main role in the 1984 film Firestarter. But, it went to Drew Barrymore.
- In 2020, she started to co-star as Melanie Cavill, the powerful Head of Hospitality and the Voice of the Train aboard Snowpiercer, in the TNT post-apocalyptic dystopian thriller drama series, Snowpiercer.
- She is good at Italian and French languages.
- To promote leather bags, the Coussin, Rendez-vous, Capucines, and the Twist, Jennifer was featured in Louis Vuitton’s Spring-Summer 2021 Collection.
- Jennifer joined Instagram in April 2022.