|Kathryn Newton Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||February 8, 1997|
Kathryn Newton is an American actress who has won several Young Artist Awards like “Best Leading Young Actress” for Paranormal Activity 4 (2013) and “Best Performance in a TV Series” for Gary Unmarried (2010). She is an ever-growing actress on the leaderboards of Hollywood and also shares an avid passion for golf. Kathryn has a huge fan following of more than 500k followers on Instagram and more than 100k followers on Twitter.
Kathryn Love Newton
Los Angeles, California, United States
Kathryn Newton graduated from Notre Dame High School in Southern California in 2015. She helped her school win 3 league championships.
- Father – David Newton
- Mother – Robin Newton
- Siblings – None
Kathryn Newton is represented by –
- Management 360
- Innovative Artists
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She has English ancestry.
She often tends to dye her hair ‘dark brown’.
Kathryn has appeared in TV commercials for the following brands –
- Clairol (2002)
- Coppertone Kids Spectra 3 (2003)
- Food Network
- Value City
She has also used her social media presence to endorse brands like –
- Miu Miu
Best Known For
- Her outstanding acting as Louise Brooks in the CBS television series Gary Unmarried
- Appearing as Alex Nelson in the horror film Paranormal Activity 4 in 2012
Kathryn Newton made her theatrical film debut as Chase Rubin-Rossi in the award-winning film Bad Teacher in 2011. She worked alongside stars like Cameron Diaz, Jason Segel, Justin Timberlake, and John Michael Higgins.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as Colby Marian Chandler on All My Children in 2002.
Kathryn keeps herself fit and healthy with the help of sports like boxing and golf. She started boxing at the age of 8 and still practices the sport for cardio purposes.
Kathryn Newton Favorite Things
- Sport – Golf
Source – Golf Digest
Kathryn Newton Facts
- Kathryn’s career as an actress began at an early age. She was 4 years old when she made her first television show appearance on the series, All My Children.
- She has a knack for collecting vintage T-shirts.
- Kathryn’s father taught her golf at a very early age. At the age of 8, she began playing in tournaments while her father caddied for her.
- While she was still in school, Kathryn set a record of a five-under-par round in a nine-hole match where she played to a plus-2 handicap at Woodley lakes.
- In October 2002, Kathryn was featured on the front cover of a magazine that was dedicated to Women’s Day.
- In 2012, Kathryn had to forfeit her game during the U.S. Women’s Open as she was selected for the lead role in Paranormal Activity 4.
- In 2015, she decided to play Golf at a university level for the University of Southern California.
- Kathryn got the chance to show her golf skills in multiple movies and TV shows like Paranormal Activity 4, Gary Unmarried, and Supernatural.
- In 2015, she auditioned for admission at the School of Dramatic Arts at USC.
- In 2017, Kathryn was chosen to play the role of the lead actress in the 2019 film Detective Pikachu. She starred alongside actors such as Ryan Reynolds and Justice Smith.
- Kathryn likes poodles and she has a lot of photos of them on her phone.
- Since her early age, Kat had developed a habit of keeping her stuffed Steiff teddy bear bedside.
- Kat thinks of her Big Little Lies co-star Reese Witherspoon as a mother figure instead of a co-actor. However, on-screen, she is her constantly pissed-off young daughter who just can’t seem to appreciate anything that her mother does for her.
- In 2015, Golf Digest gave her the prestigious title of “The Best Golfer in Hollywood”.
- In December 2017, she starred in the mini-series, Little Women as Amy March.
- She has played the role of Paul Rudd‘s daughter in the third Ant-Man movie titled Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania.
- Kathryn replaced Emma Fuhrmann for the role of Cassie Lang in the Marvel Cinematic Universe movie Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania. Emma had last played Cassie in Avengers: Endgame (2019).
Featured Image by Kathryn Newton / Instagram