Laura Jeanne Reese Witherspoon
New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S.
Witherspoon did middle schooling from Harding Academy. She graduated from Harpeth Hall School, an all-girls’ school in Nashville.
Post that, she enrolled herself in Stanford University so as to major in English literature. But, she left the university after a year to focus wholeheartedly on the acting career.
Actress, film producer
- Father – John Draper Witherspoon, Sr. (Lieutenant colonel in the United States Army Reserve)
- Mother – Mary Elizabeth “Betty” (née Reese) (Professor of nursing [child care and mental health] at Vanderbilt University)
- Siblings – John Jr. (Older Brother) (Real Estate Agent)
In 2014, she ended her 19-year long run with manager Evelyn O’Neill from Management 360.
She is currently signed with Creative Artists Agency (CAA) and her career is managed by manager Rick Yorn.
5 ft 1½ in or 156 cm
50 kg or 110 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Reese Witherspoon dated –
- Jeremy Sisto (1992) – In 1992, Reese dated fellow actor Jeremy Sisto.
- Chris O’Donnell (1993) – After that, she started dating another actor Chris O’Donnell in February 1993. The couple dated briefly in 1993.
- Stephen Dorff (1994) – In 1994, she also dated Blade hunk Stephen Dorff for short time.
- Mark Wahlberg (1995-1997) – Released in 1996, Mark Wahlberg and Reese Witherspoon were co-stars in the thriller movie “Fear.” They were RUMORed to have started dating at that time in 1995 when the filming of the movie started. They didn’t confirm their off-screen relationship and hence it is a rumor. They split in 1997.
- Ryan Phillippe (1997-2007) – Ryan Phillippe met Reese at her 21st birthday party on March 22, 1997. They soon started dating together. After dating for nearly one and a half years, the duo got engaged in December 1998. The couple married on June 5, 1999, at Old Wide Awake Plantation near Charleston, South Carolina. Reese and Ryan welcomed their first child, a daughter, Ava Elizabeth Phillippe (born – September 9, 1999) and then second child, a son, Deacon Reese Phillippe (born – October 23, 2003). After 7 years of marriage, the couple decided to separate in October 2006. A divorce was filed by Reese in November 2006. In October 2007, the divorce was finalized.
- Jake Gyllenhaal (2007-2009) – In March 2007, Witherspoon started seeing actor Jake Gyllenhaal, who is 5 years younger than her. They first met on the set of 2007 film “Rendition”, where Jake was her co-star. They started dating privately and after Reese’s divorce from Ryan Phillippe was finalized in late 2007, she and Jake became more public with their romance. This relationship also saw an end in December 2009.
- Jim Toth (2010-Present) – In February 2010, Reese started dating agent Jim Toth. Jim is a co-head of motion picture talent at the Creative Artists Agency. In December 2010, the couple announced their engagement. On March 26, 2011, the couple married each other at Ojai, California at Libbey Ranch. The couple has one biological son Tennessee James Toth (born – September 27, 2012).
Race / Ethnicity
- Short stature
- Often plays chipper-type women who are convinced of their own successful destiny
34-25-35 in or 86-63.5-89 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU) or 6 (UK)
6.5 (US) or 37 (EU)
She was made Avon’s Global ambassador in 2007.
She endorsed Gap Jeans in 2006.
Anglican / Episcopalian
Best Known For
Playing Tracy Flick in the comedy film Election (1999), as Elle Woods in the comedy film Legally Blonde (2001), as June Carter Cash in the biographical drama film Walk the Line (2005), as Cheryl Strayed in the biographical drama film Wild (2014).
She appeared in 1991 coming of age drama film The Man in the Moon for her role as Dani Trant.
First TV Show
In 1993, Reese appeared in TV miniseries Return to Lonesome Dove for her role as Ferris Dunnigan.
She has a flexible body and naturally thin. She did gymnastics for seven years while she was younger.
Witherspoon likes running and runs daily for 3 miles. Apart from this, she does Yoga, Pilates, and goes for hiking occasionally. She keeps on varying her exercise regime to get the best results and stay out of boredom.
Reese practices moderation in her diet and hence eats everything.
Reese Witherspoon Favorite Things
- Food – Firecrackers, fried chicken
- Movie – Overboard (1987), Terms of Endearment (1983), Belly (1998)
- TV Show – Amish Mafia (2012-)
- Holiday – V-E Day (Victory in Europe Day)
- Beverage – Prison wine
- Country – The Bahamas
- Book – The End of the Affair (By Graham Greene)
- Disney Character – Scar, Tinkerbell
- Restaurant – The Buffet at Magic City
- App – Bing Search
- Website – MediaTakeOut
- Favorite Cheer as a Cheerleader – STEEEEEEVE PERRY
- Style Icon – Mary J. Blige
- Board Game – Axis and Allies
Reese Witherspoon Facts
- Reese is Avon’s first-ever global brand ambassador.
- She uses her mother’s maiden name as her first name.
- She was active in modeling from 1983 to 1987.
- Reese was born in New Orleans, Louisiana at Southern Baptist Hospital.
- When Reese was born, her dad was studying at Tulane University medical school. Until 2012, he also practiced as an otolaryngologist.
- In her childhood, she spent 4 years in Germany (due to her dad’s job in U.S. military) and then was raised in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Kale is her favorite pizza topping.
- She would like to switch her lives with Owen Wilson if allowed.
- If she were a hip-hop artist, she would have picked her stage name as “Lil Reese.”
- She was good at studies and used to get good grades.
- She loves reading and so gets crazy in the bookstore or library.
- With Debra Siegel, she owns and runs a production company called “Type A Films.”
- Reese had also served as a cheerleader.
- She would like to invite Lil Scrappy and Trillville for over to Witherspoon dinner.
- On April 19, 2013, she and Jim Toth were arrested for DUI (Driving Under Influence). Jim was found to have a blood-alcohol level of 0.139 and so was arrested. Reese disobeyed the policeman and argued with him. So, she was also arrested.
- Connect with Reese on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.