|Julia Roberts Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||October 28, 1967|
Julia Roberts is a critically-acclaimed American actress, voiceover artist, and producer who has won 3 Golden Globe Awards from 8 nominations and has been nominated for 4 Academy Awards for her film acting, winning the Academy Award for “Best Actress” for playing the titular character in the biographical legal drama film Erin Brockovich (2000). She is also known for her work in movies like Eat Pray Love, Pretty Woman, Notting Hill, Runaway Bride, Mona Lisa Smile, Ocean’s Twelve, Charlie Wilson’s War, Steel Magnolias, August: Osage County, My Best Friend’s Wedding, and Mirror, Mirror. Roberts is considered one of the most bankable actresses in Hollywood and was the highest-paid actress in the world throughout most of the 1990s and in the first half of the 2000s. Moreover, she has also been named the most beautiful woman in the world by People magazine a record five times.
Julia Fiona Roberts
Smyrna, Georgia, United States
Roberts attended Fitzhugh Lee Elementary School, and later Griffin Middle School, and finally to Campbell High School in Smyrna, Georgia.
Actress, Voiceover Artist, Producer
- Father – Walter Grady Roberts (1933-1977) (Died due to cancer)
- Mother – Betty Lou (née Bredemus) (born – 1934)
- Siblings – Eric Roberts (Older Brother) (Actor), Lisa Roberts Gillan (Sister) (Actress), Nancy Motes (Younger Half-Sister) (Died – February 9, 2014)
- Others – Walter Thomas “Tom” Roberts (Paternal Grandfather), Beatrice M. Beal (Paternal Grandmother), Wendell John Bredemus (Maternal Grandfather), Elizabeth Ellen Billingsley (Maternal Grandmother), Emma Roberts (Niece) (Actress, singer), Michael Motes (Stepfather), Eileen Sellars (Stepfather)
Julia has been signed to –
- Click Modeling Agency
- Hirsch Wallerstein Hayum Matlof and Fishman LLP, Law Firm, Los Angeles, California, United States
She used to play clarinet while in the school band.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Julia Roberts has dated –
- Billy Idol (1984) – Julia had an encounter with singer Billy Idol in 1984. They reportedly met on a flight and she even told her high school friends that she lost her v*rginity to Billy.
- Dylan McDermott (1988-1989) – Julia started dating actor Dylan McDermott in 1988. They were engaged for a short period of time before breaking up in 1989.
- Liam Neeson (1988-1990) – She was romantically involved with Northern Irish actor Liam Neeson from 1988 to 1990. They worked together in Michael Collins, a 1996 biographical period drama film. During the course of their relationship, they lived together in a house in Venice, California and also got engaged.
- Richard Gere (1989) – Pretty Woman co-stars Richard Gere and Julia were rumored to have hooked up in 1989 when they were filming for the movie.
- Kiefer Sutherland (1989-1991) – British actor Kiefer Sutherland was seen romancing Julia in November 1989. By August 1990, the couple was engaged. But, this relationship also saw an end in June 1991.
- Dodi Fayed (1991) – It was RUMORed that she had a fling with Dodi Fayed in the year 1991. He was an Egyptian film producer and the son of billionaire Mohamed Al-Fayed.
- James Foley (1991)
- Jason Patric (1991-1992) – After canceling her wedding with Kiefer, Julia started dating actor Jason Patric. The couple dated for a few months before breaking up in 1992.
- Lyle Lovett (1993-1995) – On June 1, 1993, Julia started dating 10 years her senior, Lyle Lovett, who is a country musician by profession. Just after a couple of weeks, the duo engaged on June 24, 1993. After three days, they married at St. James Lutheran Church in Marion, Indiana. In March 1995, the couple separated.
- Daniel Day-Lewis (1995) – Soon after that, in 1995 only, Julia dated British actor Daniel Day-Lewis.
- Ethan Hawke (1995) – The two actors were RUMORed to be dating in 1995.
- Matthew Perry (1995-1996) – Julia and Matthew first met on the set of popular TV series “Friends” in 1995. They started dating that year and split in 1996. They were spotted together many times in LA.
- Pat Manocchia (1996) – In 1996, she dated fitness guru Pat Manocchia.
- Benjamin Bratt (1998-2001) – From 1998 until mid-2001, the two actors were romantically linked to each other.
- George Clooney (2000) – She was RUMORed to have had a fling with George Clooney in 2000.
- Daniel Moder (2001-Present) – In 2001, Julia commenced dating American cinematographer Daniel Moder. However, they met back in 2000 on the set of the film The Mexican. After Daniel divorced from Vera Steimberg, Daniel and Julia married on July 4, 2002, in Taos, New Mexico at Roberts’ ranch. The couple has three children – Hazel Patricia Moder, Phinnaeus “Finn” Walter Moder; both born on November 28, 2004, and Henry Daniel Moder (born – June 18, 2007).
Race / Ethnicity
Julia is of English, Irish, German, Scottish, Swedish, French, and Welsh descent.
Julia’s natural hair color is dark blonde. But, she likes to keep them in a light brown shade.
Big megawatt smile
34-24-35 in or 86-61-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
9 (US) or 6.5 (UK) or 39.5 (EU)
She has endorsed a number of brands such as America Online, L’Oreal, Lancôme, Nationwide Insurance, Gianfranco Ferré (received $5 million), Caffè Lavazza, Givenchy, etc.
Her mother is a Roman Catholic whereas her father was a Baptist.
Julia was also raised a Catholic but later became a devotee of the guru Neem Karoli Baba (Maharaj-Ji), a picture of whom drew Roberts to Hinduism.
Best Known For
Playing Vivian Ward in the 1990 romantic comedy Pretty Woman and as Shelby Eatenton Latcherie in the 1989 film Steel Magnolias.
Julia played the role of Babs in the 1987 film Firehouse. Though, her role is uncredited.
First TV Show
In 1987, Roberts appeared in NBC’s drama series Crime Story for her role as Tracy in just 1 episode titled “The Survivor”.
She has worked with celebrity trainer Kathy Kaehler for over 2 decades.
Julia loves step aerobics and she does that three days a week with Kathy. Actually, Julia also calls some of her friends into her house and so, three to five people do aerobics. It helps to perform better during the workouts and acts as a motivator.
Julia also does some intensive bodywork (such as lunges, planks, push-ups, floor exercises, crunches, and others) with another girl for a couple of days a week.
Kathy advises Julia to eat a low glycemic diet, which is a five-day cleanse diet. Her lifestyle is really active.
Julia Roberts Favorite Things
- Bangles – Melinda Maria
- Mascara – Définicils Precious Cells
- Case – Coach cosmetic case
- Shampoo – Serge Normant Dry
- Rub – Bonnie’s Tasty Herb Rub
Source – Oprah.com
Julia Roberts Facts
- She has two pet dogs named Satchmo and Diego.
- Men’s Health included her in the list of “100 Hottest Women of All-Time” in 2011.
- Her parents married in 1965 and divorced in 1972 (However, it was filed in 1971). Julia’s mom subsequently married Michael Motes in 1972.
- Julia was 10 when her father died due to cancer.
- If she weren’t an actress, she would probably be a veterinarian (as she dreamt of that as a child).
- She is linked to several charities. One of them is UNICEF.
- Knitting is one of her favorite hobbies.
- She is believed to be born at 12:16 AM (EST).
- She is the owner of a production company named “Red Om”. If you read it reversed, it reads as “Moder”, which is the last name of Julia’s husband Daniel.
- Julia is left-handed.