|Olivia Thirlby Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||October 6, 1986|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Olivia Thirlby is an American actor, voice actor, theatre artist, writer, and producer whose film credits include Juno, Love Comes Lately, The Secret, The Wackness, Being Flynn, The Answer Man, Breaking Upwards, No Strings Attached, The Darkest Hour, Between Us, The Wedding Ringer, Just Before I Go, The Stanford Prison Experiment, Welcome to Happiness, Damascus Cover, and Above the Shadows. Moreover, her television roles include playing Rebecca Dowery in the Showtime drama series The L Word: Generation Q, Hero Brown in the post-apocalyptic drama series Y: The Last Man, Lucy Kittridge in the legal drama series Goliath, Jeena (voice) in the adult animated sitcom Good Vibes, Aubrey Cain in the NBC crime drama series Kidnapped, and Suzanne in the HBO comedy series Bored to Death.
Olivia Jo Thirlby
New York City, New York, United States
Thirlby attended and graduated from Friends Seminary in Manhattan. She graduated from a class of 57 students.
Further, she attended the summer camps, viz., French Woods Festival of the Performing Arts and Usdan Center for the Creative and Performing Arts.
Olivia also attended American Globe Theatre and enrolled herself at London’s Royal Academy of Dramatic Art to complete the stage combat course with the British Academy of Stage and Screen Combat (BASSC).
Actor, Voice Actor, Theatre Artist, Writer, Producer
- Father – He has worked as a contractor.
- Mother – She has worked as an advertising executive.
- Siblings – None. Olivia is an only child.
- Others – Dr. Richard Leeson Thirlby (Paternal Grandfather), Lucille Elizabeth Kauer (Paternal Grandmother), Harry Schwartz (Maternal Grandfather), Leona Cimerberg (Maternal Grandmother)
Olivia Thirlby has been repped by 3 Arts Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
Her net worth has been $2 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
52 kg or 115 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Olivia Thirlby has dated –
- Jacques Pienaar (2014-Present) – She got married to Jacques Pienaar on December 28, 2014. They met on the set of her 2012 film Dredd.
Race / Ethnicity
Olivia Thirlby is of English and Bohemian Czech descent on her father’s side and has Ashkenazi Jewish roots on her mother’s side.
She publicly came out as bisexual in an interview with Brooklyn Magazine in 2011.
33-24-33 in or 84-61-84 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
6 (US) or 3.5 (UK) or 36.5 (EU)
She has appeared in commercials for US department store chain Mervyns, Prabal Gurung for Target, and others.
Best Known For
Playing Leah in the Oscar-winning film Juno (2007), Natalie in The Darkest Hour (2011), and Judge Cassandra Anderson in Dredd (2012).
Olivia debuted with the 2006 drama film United 93 for her role as Nicole Carol Miller.
First TV Show
From 2006 to 2007, she appeared in NBC’s television drama series Kidnapped for her role as Aubrey Cain. She did a total of 5 episodes.
She does yoga to relax and maintain her physical and mental health.
Olivia Thirlby Favorite Things
- Female Characters from Shakespeare Plays – Beatrice from Much Ado About Nothing, Constance from King John, Portia from Julius Caesar
Source – Nylon.com
Olivia Thirlby Facts
- Olivia is best friends with Zoë Kravitz.
- Olivia was initially considered for the role of Babydoll in the 2011 movie Sucker Punch, but the role went to Emily Browning.
- When she was in high school, she was offered a lead role in the French movie The Secret (2007). She accepted the offer and played the starring role of Samantha Marris.
- She has no siblings. As a child, she used to play dress-up and make-believe. This was her favorite pastime.
- She has a big collection of hats. Whenever she has a bad hair day, she wears a hat.
- Born in New York City, she grew up in Manhattan’s East Village.
- In October 2014, she joined the cast of The Stanford Prison Experiment.
- Alongside Alan Ritchson, Jim Gaffigan, Megan Fox, and others, she co-starred as Holly in the 2019 supernatural romance film Above the Shadows.