|Janet Hsieh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||January 20, 1980|
Janet Hsieh is an American television personality, musician, violinist, actor, voice actor, producer, author, model, and host. She is known as the host of the Discovery Travel and Living Channel’s long-running series Fun Taiwan. She has also been a part of several other shows and movies including Adventure of the Ring, Big Three Dragons, The Ghost Bride, Hello from Taiwan, A Taiwanese Tale of Two Cities, Home, Déjà vu, Constellation Women Series: Aries Woman, Utopia for the 20s, and High 5 Basketball. Moreover, Janet Hsieh has been nominated 4 times for the Taiwanese Golden Bell Awards for “Best Host of a Travel Program” and once for “Best Host of a Variety Program”.
Janet Josephine Hsieh
Houston, Texas, United States
She divides her time between Taiwan and the United States.
Janet Hsieh studied at Bellaire Senior High School, a comprehensive, public secondary school located in Bellaire, Texas, and graduated in 1997. Then, she attended the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology and Spanish in 2001.
While studying at MIT, she was a member of the Alpha Chi Omega women’s fraternity as well as served on the university’s Ring Committee, the group responsible for designing the MIT class ring.
She also attended the Universidad de Buenos Aires in Argentina and the University of California, Los Angeles in California.
Television Personality, Musician, Violinist, Actor, Voice Actor, Producer, Author, Model, Host
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Janet Hsieh has dated –
- George Young (2015-Present) – In January 2015, she got married to British actor, writer, and television presenter George Young. They parent 2 sons – Egan (b. 2017) and Dylan (b. 2021). The couple has also co-authored a book titled Starting at The End.
Race / Ethnicity
Janet Hsieh is of Taiwanese descent.
Janet Hsieh Facts
- She spent her childhood years growing up in Houston, Texas.
- She published her first Chinese-language travel book titled Traveling with 100 Toothbrushes in 2010.
- In 2018, Janet Hsieh brought to life the character of May in the American 2-part indie comedy-drama film A Bread Factory.
- She has also worked in Jamshedpur, India for Tata Steel.
- She has a black belt in Taekwondo.
- Janet Hsieh was cast in the recurring role of Hsiao-yu, Li-lan’s deceased mother, in the 2020 Taiwanese-Malaysian Netflix original series The Ghost Bride. It stars Huang Pei-jia, Wu Kang-jen, Ludi Lin, and Kuang Tian.
- Janet is well-versed in English, Spanish, French, Mandarin, and Taiwanese.
- She is a trained sushi chef and circus performer.
- She has appeared in the music videos of songs like What’s Wrong with Rock?! by Leehom Wang, 3 Idiots by Mayday, and Setting You Free by Nicky Lee.
Featured Image by Hsin-Jen Hsu / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0