|Wu Kang-ren Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¾ in|
|Date of Birth||November 24, 1982|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Wu Kang-ren is a Taiwanese actor and model who has been cast in a number of films and shows such as The Ghost Bride, White Ant, Light the Night, Your Children Are Not Your Children, Wake Up, The World Between Us, The Crossing Hero, The Masked Lover, Mr. Right Wanted, I Love You So Much, Life in Tokyo, The Perfect Match, Fragile in Love: Poetry in Motion, Wake Up 2, Portrait Coffee Shop, The Lying Game, A Touch of Green, Father with Dark Circles, Long Day’s Journey into Light, Autumn’s Concerto, What Is Love, Solo, Rock N’ Road, The Sea Reflects the Blue Sky, Star of Bethlehem, King Flower, The Bride, Emerging Light, and When Love Comes.
Chris Wu, Wu Kang-jen
Wu Kang-ren studied at Kaohsiung Municipal Chung-Cheng Industrial High School.
5 ft 9¾ in or 177 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Wu Kang-ren has dated –
- Aviis Zhong (2015-2017) – He was romantically involved with actor and model Aviis Zhong between the years 2015 and 2017. They also worked together in the 2016 drama film White Ant.
- Ivy Shao – Wu Kang-ren went out with actor, model, and singer Ivy Shao for a year in 2018. They later got back together and went public with the relationship in November 2020. The couple has co-starred in the romantic comedy series The Perfect Match.
Race / Ethnicity
Wu Kang-ren is of Taiwanese descent.
Wu Kang-ren Facts
- His parents divorced when he was young and he then started living with his mother.
- Wu Kang-ren was 14 years old when he started working in order to support his family.
- He has worked in restaurants, stalls, and supermarkets as well as has tried being an on-site construction welder despite his lack of skill, which resulted in him receiving burns in the eyes.
- Wu Kang-ren was discovered by director Li Qiyuan while Wu Kang-ren was working in a bar as a bartender.
- He made his acting debut with the role of Hsiao-hai in the 2007 film Fragile in Love: Poetry in Motion.
- In 2012, he was cast as Zhang Tingxu in the romantic drama television series Emerging Light and this role won him the 18th Asian Television Award for “Best Actor in a Leading Role”.
- Wu Kang-ren co-starred as Bai Yide, a young bookstore worker living alone in a Taipei neighborhood, in the 2016 drama film White Ant. For this performance, he bagged the 19th Taipei Film Award for “Best Actor”.
- In 2019, he brought to life the character of a defense attorney named Wang She in the television drama series The World Between Us and this role won him the 2nd Asian Academy Creative Award for “Best Leading Actor(Taiwan)” while he was also nominated for the 54th Golden Bell Award in the “Best Leading Actor in a TV Series” category.
- Alongside Huang Pei-jia, Ludi Lin, and Kuang Tian, Wu Kang-ren co-starred as Er-lang, a 500-year-old deity, in the 2020 Taiwanese-Malaysian Netflix original series The Ghost Bride.
- He appeared as Liu Pao-lung a.k.a. Pao-pao, the owner of ‘Sugar’, in the 2021 Netflix original mystery drama series Light the Night.
- Wu Kang-ren has also appeared in the music videos of songs like Breathless by Rainie Yang, It Can Hurt More by Andrew Tan, Men Over Clouds and Women on Earth by Yoga Lin, Truth Be Told by Lee Chien-na, and Beginning of the End and Tough by Mayday.
Featured Image by 台中市政府新聞局 / taichung.gov.tw / Taichung City Government Construction Bureau