Emily Jane Browning
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
She attended Eltham High School in Victoria, Australia. In November 2006, she received her Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE).
Actress, model, singer
- Father – Andrew Browning
- Mother – Shelley Browning
- Siblings – Nicholas Browning (Younger Brother), Matthew Browning (Younger Brother)
She is signed to Catherine Poulton Management.
Synthpop, new wave
5 ft 1¾ in or 157 cm
51 kg or 112.5 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Emily Browning dated –
- Max Turner (2007-2010) – Emily dated Max Turner for a couple of years from 2007 until January 2010.
- Max Irons (2011-2012) – British actor Max Irons dated Browning from early 2011 until July 2012. She started her relationship with Max in May 2011 after meeting him in Los Angeles, USA.
- Xavier Samuel (2012-2015) – Her 2013 erotic thriller film Plush‘s co-star, Xavier Samuel started dating Emily in 2012. They met for the first time during the set of the movie Plush in 2012 and started dating eventually. They split in 2015 after dating for three years.
Race / Ethnicity
- High cheekbone
- Full voluptuous lips
- Porcelain skin
- Rosy cheeks
32-24-34 in or 81-61-87 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
Emily’s shoe size is not known.
Emily has not endorsed any of the brands.
She appears to be atheist.
Best Known For
Appearing in 2004 film Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events as Violet Baudelaire, as Babydoll in 2011 film S*cker Punch, as Katie Harwood in 2002 film Ghost Ship.
As a Singer
Browning had sung various songs for her movies S*cker Punch (2011) and Plush (2013). In 2011, she sang a slower cover version of the song Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) which was originally released in 1983 by former British duo Eurythmics.
Apart from this mentioned single, she also sang a couple of more singles.
She debuted with 1998 Australian family drama television movie The Echo of Thunder where she played Opal Ritchie. The movie is based on the novel Thunderwith.
First TV Show
She had appeared in 1999 in Australian children’s television series Thunderstone, in which Emily portrayed the role as Cleo. The series was only broadcasted for 1 season containing 52 episodes.
She did a challenging workout for the 2011 movie S*cker Punch. Emily had never gone to the gym in her life. So, it was difficult for her, at first. She learned martial arts from Navy SEALs (Sea, Air and Land teams). The workout went for three months for six hours a day.
Emily is a pescetarian, meaning a vegetarian who eats fish.
Emily Browning Favorite Things
Emily Browning Facts
- She has two pets – a dog named Roxy and a cat named, Jasper.
- Emily is close friends with Australian filmmaker Guy Franklin.
- She entered into this show business through a school play, where she was first noticed.
- She also does smoking.
- Being an Australian actress, she learned American accent by watching the 1969 movie Sesame Street.
- She replaced English actress Ophelia Lovibond to play the lead role as Florence Carter-Wood in the 2013 movie Summer in February.
- Emily has pierced nose and belly button.
- She was the festival ambassador for the L’Oreal Fashion Festival held on February 1, 2007.
- Emily is not on social media.