|Emily Browning Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1¾ in|
|Date of Birth||December 7, 1988|
Emily Browning is an Australian actor, model, voice artist, and singer who has been cast in films such as Sleeping Beauty, Summer in February, Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events, Shangri-La Suite, Golden Exits, Sucker Punch, Darkness Falls, The Man Who Sued God, Ned Kelly, The Uninvited, The Echo of Thunder, After the Deluge, Blonde, Plush, Pompeii, Legend, Ghost Ship, and Magic Magic. In addition to that, she is also known for playing Laura Moon/Essie MacGowan in the fantasy drama series American Gods, Phoebe Mason in the children’s series High Flyers, Alicia in the soap opera Something in the Air, Hayley Fulton in the police drama series Blue Heelers, Clio in the children’s series Thunderstone, and Sierra in the drama series The Affair.
Emily Jane Browning
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
She attended Eltham High School in Victoria, Australia. In November 2006, she received her Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE).
Actor, Model, Voice Artist, Singer
- Father – Andrew Browning
- Mother – Shelley Browning
- Siblings – Nicholas Browning (Younger Brother), Matthew Browning (Younger Brother)
She has been signed to –
- Catherine Poulton Management, Talent Management Company, Collingwood, Victoria, Australia
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Synthpop, new wave
Her net worth had been $8 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 1¾ in or 157 cm
51 kg or 112.5 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Emily Browning has dated –
- Liam Shambrook (2005) – She was romantically involved with Liam Shambrook from March to August 2005.
- Max Anderson (2006) – In the year 2006, she dated Max Anderson.
- Max Turner (2007-2010) – Emily dated Max Turner for a couple of years from 2007 until January 2010.
- Max Irons (2011-2012) – British actor Max Irons dated Browning from early 2011 until July 2012. She started her relationship with Max in May 2011 after meeting him in Los Angeles, USA.
- Xavier Samuel (2012-2015) – Her 2013 erotic thriller film Plush‘s co-star, Xavier Samuel started dating Emily in 2012. They met for the first time during the set of the movie Plush in 2012 and started dating eventually. They split in 2015 after dating for three years.
- Eddie O’Keefe – In the year 2015, she started going out with Eddie O’Keefe.
Race / Ethnicity
Emily Browning is of English descent.
- High cheekbone
- Full voluptuous lips
- Porcelain skin
- Rosy cheeks
32-24-34 in or 81-61-87 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
She appears to be an atheist.
Best Known For
Appearing in 2004 film Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events as Violet Baudelaire, as Babydoll in 2011 film S*cker Punch, as Katie Harwood in 2002 film Ghost Ship
As a Singer
Browning had sung various songs for her movies S*cker Punch (2011) and Plush (2013). In 2011, she sang a slower cover version of the song Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) which was originally released in 1983 by former British duo Eurythmics.
Apart from this mentioned single, she also sang a couple of more singles.
She debuted with the 1998 Australian family drama television movie The Echo of Thunder where she played Opal Ritchie. The movie is based on the novel Thunderwith.
First TV Show
She had appeared in 1999 in the Australian children’s television series Thunderstone, in which Emily portrayed the role as Cleo. The series was only broadcasted for 1 season containing 52 episodes.
She did a challenging workout for the 2011 movie S*cker Punch. Emily had never gone to the gym in her life. So, it was difficult for her, at first. She learned martial arts from Navy SEALs (Sea, Air, and Land teams). The workout went for three months for six hours a day.
Emily is a pescetarian, meaning a vegetarian who eats fish.
Emily Browning Facts
- She has two pets – a dog named Roxy and a cat named, Jasper.
- Emily is close friends with Australian filmmaker Guy Franklin.
- She entered into this show business through a school play, where she was first noticed.
- She also does smoking.
- Being an Australian actress, she learned the American accent by watching the 1969 movie Sesame Street.
- She replaced English actress Ophelia Lovibond to play the lead role as Florence Carter-Wood in the 2013 movie Summer in February.
- Emily has a pierced nose and belly button.
- She was the festival ambassador for the L’Oreal Fashion Festival held on February 1, 2007.
- At 22, Emily had auditioned for the role of Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games. However, the role had gone to Jennifer Lawrence.
- For her role in Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events, she was awarded the Young Actor’s Award as well as International Award for Best Actress by the Australian Film Institute.
- She provided vocals to the character of Violet Baudelaire in the video game Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events in 2004.
- Twilight author Stephenie Meyer originally wanted Emily to play Bella Swan instead of Kristen Stewart.
- Alongside Adam Horovitz, Mary-Louise Parker, Jason Schwartzman, Chloë Sevigny, and Analeigh Tipton, she co-starred as Naomi, a summer intern from Australia, in the drama film, Golden Exits, in 2017.
- From 2018 to 2019, she was cast in the recurring role of Sierra James, Helen and Vik’s neighbor, in the American television drama series titled The Affair.
Want to make love to her…