|Ben Schwartz Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||September 15, 1981|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ben Schwartz is an American actor, writer, producer, and comedian who is best known for portraying roles such as Jean-Ralphio Saperstein in Parks and Recreation and Clyde Oberholt in House of Lies. He has also done voiceover work for popular characters such as Randy Cunningham in Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja, Dewey Duck in DuckTales, and Leonardo in Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Ben has also appeared in several other TV shows and films such as I Hate Valentine’s Day, The Other Guys, Better Living Through Chemistry, The Interview, The Intervention, An Actor Prepares, Flora & Ulysses, Undercovers, Arrested Development, Robot Chicken, Modern Family, Medal of Honor, Rugrats, and The Afterparty.
The Bronx, New York, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Ben attended Edgemont Junior–Senior High School and graduated in 1999. He later graduated with a double major in psychology and anthropology from Union College, New York, in 2003.
He also took classes and interned at Upright Citizens Brigade Theater, New York.
Actor, comedian, writer, and director
- Mother – is a Music Teacher
- Siblings – Marni (Sister)
Ben is managed by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.
6 ft or 183 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ben Schwartz has dated –
- Gina Rodriguez (2016-2017) – In January 2016, Ben and actress Gina Rodriguez were seen together enjoying a boxing match at the Staples Centre, Los Angeles. Their rumored relationship lasted for a year. Ben has been quiet about his personal life.
Race / Ethnicity
- Prominent nose
- Curly thick hair
- Expressive eyebrows
Ben comes from a Jewish background. But, his religious views are not confirmed.
Best Known For
- His role in the comedy TV series Parks and Recreation as Jean-Ralphio Saperstein from 2010 to 2015.
- His role as Clyde Oberholt in the comedy series House of Lies, created by Matthew Carnahan.
In 2007, Ben has the first appearance as Russ in the film New York City Serenade.
First TV Show
In 2006, Ben appeared on the talk show Late Night with Conan O’Brien.
Ben is a person on the go. There are no mentions of his diet plans or training schedules.
Ben Schwartz Favorite Things
- Movie – Back To The Future
- R&B Songs – Songs from Stevie Wonder, Sam Cooke, Jackie Wilson, Bill Withers
Source – The Hundreds
Ben Schwartz Facts
- Ben operates his website RejectedJokes.com featuring his creative writing skills, rejected jokes and short films.
- He grew up in the upper-middle-class neighborhood of Riverdale.
- Ben is an alumnus of the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater (UCBT). He is an improv and sketch performer.
- As a member of the improv group “Hot Sauce”, Ben performs with Adam Pally and Gil Ozeri in their show “Something Fresh” regularly at UCBT.
- Ben has worked as a freelance writer on the monologues for the Late Show with David Letterman and on Weekend Update segment for the Saturday Night Live show.
- In 2007, Ben performed at the Just For Laughs Festival in Montreal in the show The Line Up: A Sketch Showcase.
- Ben along with Amanda May Choy co-created and wrote the book Grandma’s Dead: Breaking Bad News with Baby Animals which was published by Harper Collins.
- In 2017, Ben co-wrote another book titled Things You Should Already Know About Dating, You F*cking Idiot, a collection of 100 dating tips, complete with illustrations.
- Ben had his own series titled Terrible Decisions with Ben Schwartz on HBO’s Funny or Die show from 2009 to 2011.
- Ben has voiced the character Skidmark in the video game Turbo: Super Stunt Squad in 2013.
- During his high school days, Ben was involved in a lot of video games like Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy VII, and Nintendo games among others.
- Ben likes to keep himself busy and keeps trying out many things from writing jokes to working as a staff writer or doing improv, “…there is a thing, a big drive in me to keep trying to do stuff”.
Featured Image by Jared eberhardt / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0