|Mary-Louise Parker Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||August 2, 1964|
Mary-Louise Parker is an American actress and writer who is best known for portraying characters such as Amy Gardner in the political drama TV series The West Wing (2001-2006), Harper Pitt in the TV miniseries Angels in America (2003), Nancy Botwin in the dark comedy-drama TV series Weeds (2015-2012), and Roma Guy in the docudrama TV miniseries When We Rise (2017). She is also well recognized for her work in films such as Grand Canyon (1991), The Client (1994), Boys on the Side (1995), The Portrait of a Lady (1996), and The Maker (1997). Her memoir, titled Dear Mr. You, was published in November 2015. In parallel with her acting career, she started writing lifestyle articles for Esquire magazine in 2007.
Fort Jackson, Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Brooklyn Heights, Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Mary-Louise had graduated, in 1982, from the Marcos de Niza High School in Tempe, Arizona. After her high school graduation, she had joined the University of North Carolina School of the Arts (UNCSA), a public art school in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. She had graduated from there with a Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) degree in 1986.
- Father – John Morgan Parker (Judge in the US Army)
- Mother – Caroline Louise Parker (née Morell)
- Siblings – She has 3 older siblings.
- Others – Joseph Eastburn Parker III (Paternal Grandfather), Dorothy Blanche Vannatter (Paternal Grandmother), William Nelson Morell, Sr. (Maternal Grandfather), Blanche Louise Cox (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mary-Louise has dated –
- Timothy Hutton (1990-1992)
- Pat Mannochia (1992-1995)
- Billy Crudup (1996–2003) – Mary-Louise had started dating American actor and fellow University of North Carolina graduate Billy Crudup in 1996. She was 7 months pregnant with their son, William Atticus Parker (b. January 7, 2004), when Billy had ended the relationship (November 2003) to be with actress Claire Danes. William’s godmother is iconic actress Susan Sarandon.
- Adam Duritz (1997-1998)
- Adam Guettel (2006)
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan (2006–2008) – She had started dating actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan in December 2006 after having first met him on the sets of the TV series Weeds. They had announced their engagement on February 12, 2008, but had broken up in April 2008.
- Charlie Mars (2009–2013)
In September 2007, she had adopted a baby girl from Ethiopia. She had named her Caroline Aberash Parker.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Swedish, English, Scottish, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, German, and Dutch descent.
- Slender frame
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Gleaming face
- Affable smile
Mary-Louise Parker Facts
- Born in Fort Jackson, a US Army installation in Columbia, South Carolina, Mary-Louise had spent her childhood in several different places including Tennessee, Texas, Thailand, Germany, and France, due to her father’s position in the US Army. She has often talked in interviews about being unhappy as a child, due to this constant movement/relocation.
- In 2016, she was honored with the Ally Award in recognition of her work as an LGBT rights advocate.
- The song Butterfly in Reverse, by the band Counting Crows, was written with her in mind.
- She is a regular practitioner of transcendental meditation.
- She is a confessed fan of Corona beer.
Featured Image by Mary-Louise Parker / Instagram