|Peet Montzingo Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||May 2, 1990|
Peet Montzingo is an American internet personality, musician, and writer who is best known for his self-titled YouTube and TikTok channels where he has amassed more than 25 million subscribers, combined. Most of his content revolves around the fact that he is the only member of his family possessing an average/above-average height – his mother, father, brother, and sister are all afflicted with dwarfism (the average adult height among people with dwarfism is 122 centimeters (4 ft)). Peet’s content blew up on social media, particularly TikTok, during the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 – primarily due to the wholesome and heartwarming nature of the videos which featured his mother. Besides his work on platforms like YouTube and TikTok, he has acted in short films like Dream of Me (2013), The Homecoming (2013), Kleptos (2014), and Breaking Free (2016). Peet has also garnered more than 2 million followers on Instagram. In July 2022, he published a children’s picture book titled Little Imperfections: A Tall Tale of Growing Up Different that he had co-authored. The book covers the theme of ‘being different’ and is told through his perspective of living in a family of dwarves. Peet is also a member of a band called 5WEST.
Seattle, King County, Washington, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Peet had attended the Shorewood High School, one of the two public high schools in the Shoreline School District in Shoreline, a city in King County, Washington.
Internet Personality, Musician, Writer
- Father – Darrell Montzingo
- Mother – Vicki Montzingo
- Siblings – Jennifer ‘Jen’ Montzingo (Older Sister) (Former Teacher), Andrew Montzingo (Older Brother) (School Teacher)
He has been represented by 28th Ave Management, Full-Service Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Lanky frame
- Side-parted, tousled hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
Peet Montzingo Facts
- Peet had outgrown both his parents and both his older siblings (all of them are afflicted with dwarfism) by the time he turned 8 years old.
- He has stated in an interview that, as a child, he too wanted to be a dwarf. This was because he felt that he was the ‘odd one out’ in his family and there was something wrong with him.
- Another reason was that everything in his house was customized to be of much lower height than normal to help his family members reach things and Peet would struggle because he had to bend down to use anything in the house.
- In the mid-2010s, he decided to make videos that would depict his and his family’s daily life in a humorous manner – aiming to make a difference in the way people with dwarfism are seen in our society. Some of his videos have also tackled issues like discrimination, mental health, and health issues faced by dwarves.
- Peet also has a fascination with the supernatural, as he has lived across from the Cecil Hotel (an affordable housing complex in downtown Los Angeles) which is perceived to be cursed and haunted due to the many suicides and deaths that have occurred there. He often records his spooky experiences related to Cecil Hotel via a drone camera and shares them on TikTok.
- In February 2019, as a touring/recording artist with the band 5WEST, Peet toured South Africa, Spain, and Europe. The group also scored their first arena tour as the supporting act for Boyzone (a popular Irish boy band, created in 1993) in the autumn season of 2019.
Featured Image by Peet Montzingo / Instagram