|Mandy Patinkin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11½ in|
|Date of Birth||November 30, 1952|
Mandy Patinkin is an American actor, singer, voiceover artist, stage actor, and producer who has been cast in a variety of on-screen roles which include Inigo Montoya in The Princess Bride, Dr. Jeffrey Geiger in Chicago Hope, Alfred de Musset in Impromptu, Detective Samuel ‘George’ Francisco in Alien Nation, Papa Smurf in Smurfs: The Lost Village, Quasimodo in The Hunchback, Jason Gideon in Criminal Minds, Saul Berenson in Homeland, and Satan in Touched by an Angel.
Mandel Bruce Patinkin
Mandy, Mardy Marterson, The Patink
Chicago, Illinois, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Mandy Patinkin studied at South Shore High School, Harvard St. George School, and Kenwood High School (later Kenwood Academy). Afterward, he attended the University of Kansas and the Juilliard School.
Actor, Singer, Voiceover Artist, Stage Actor, Producer
- Father – Lester Patinkin (Operated 2 large Chicago-area metal factories, the People’s Iron & Metal Company and the Scrap Corporation of America)
- Mother – Doris “Doralee” (née Sinton) (Homemaker, Author)
- Sibling – Marsha Patinkin (Sister)
- Others – Mark Patinkin (Cousin) (Author, Columnist), Sheldon Patinkin (Cousin) (Director, Teacher, Writer), Bonnie Miller Rubin (Cousin) (A Chicago Tribune reporter)
Mandy Patinkin is represented by Paradigm Talent Agency, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
5 ft 11½ in or 181.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mandy Patinkin has dated –
- Kathryn Grody (1980-Present) – On June 15, 1980, he married actress and writer Kathryn Grody and they parent 2 sons – Isaac Patinkin (b. 1983) and Gideon Grody-Patinkin (b. 1987).
Race / Ethnicity
Mandy Patinkin is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
Salt and Pepper
- Wears glasses
- Sports a beard
- Deep-set eyes
Mandy Patinkin has appeared in the TV commercials for brands like 7-Up, Frosted Mini-Wheats, and Crestor.
He grew up in a family that practiced Conservative Judaism.
He has described himself as “Jewish with a dash of Buddhist” belief.
Mandy Patinkin Favorite Things
- Role Played By Him – Inigo Montoya in The Princess Bride (1987)
Source – IMDb
Mandy Patinkin Facts
- He was 9 years old when he began singing at temple choirs.
- For his portrayal of Che in the original Broadway production of Evita, Mandy Patinkin won the 1980 Tony Award for “Best Featured Actor in a Musical”.
- He was diagnosed with keratoconus, a degenerative eye condition, and had 2 corneal transplants, for right cornea in 1997 and for the left one in 1998.
- On February 12, 2018, he received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6243 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- Mandy Patinkin is a huge fan and collector of Lionel model trains.
Featured Image by Valerie Hinojosa / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0