|Billy Crudup Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8½ in|
|Date of Birth||April 8, 1968|
Billy Crudup is an actor from the United States who has worked in movies like Mission: Impossible III, Justice League, Without Limits, Dedication, etc. For 7 years, from 1998 to 2005, he gave his voice to the MasterCard commercial titled “Priceless” in the U.S. He has done a lot of Broadway shows in the past.
William Gaither Crudup
Manhasset, New York, United States
Billy Crudup went to the Saint Thomas Aquinas High School. After graduating from high school in 1986, he got enrolled at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He graduated from the university with an undergraduate degree.
He later got admission in an acting program at New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts and graduated from there in 1994 with a Master of Fine Arts degree.
- Father – Thomas Henry Crudup III
- Mother – Georgann Gaither
- Siblings – Tommy Crudup (Brother) (Executive Producer), Brooks Crudup (Brother) (Producer)
- Others – Thomas Henry Crudup, Jr. (Paternal Grandfather), Priscilla Anne Parham (Paternal Grandmother), William Cotter Gaither, Jr. (Maternal Grandfather), Elaine Lucille Beisler (Maternal Grandmother)
Billy Crudup is represented by –
- Don Buchwald & Associates L.A.
- Slate PR
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Billy Crudup has dated –
- Laurel Lisa Holloman (2000) – In 2000, Billy was reported to be going out with actress Laurel Lisa Holloman. However, their affair was a brief one.
- Jennifer Connelly (1996) – The American press linked Crudup with actress Jennifer Connelly in 1996. It was claimed that they had grown close while shooting for the movie, Inventing the Abbotts. However, after the end of filming, Connelly started going out with the photographer, David Dugan. Billy reunited with Jennifer for 2000 movie, Waking the Dead. It was reported that Billy had lobbied to get Jennifer the role of his lover in the movie. It was rumored that they had reignited their former passion while working in the movie.
- Mary-Louise Parker (1996-2003) – In 1996, Crudup started going out with actress Mary-Louise Parker. They dated for 7 years but their breakup was highly controversial. It was claimed that he walked out on Parker when she was in the seventh month of her pregnancy as he started dating actress Claire Danes. However, Crudup had maintained that his affair with Danes had nothing to do with his separation from Parker. In fact, he claimed that he started going out with her only after having separated from Parker.
- Claire Danes (2004-2006) – Billy started dating actress Claire Danes towards the end of 2004. Both of them were highly criticized by the tabloids and public as it was reported that their affair led to Billy abandoning Parker. However, even their relationship didn’t last long as they separated in the summer of 2006. It was claimed that Claire had been cheating on him with her Evening co-star Hugh Dancy.
- Naomi Watts (2017-Present) – The reports of Billy dating actress Naomi Watts first surfaced in July 2017 as they were pictured spending time together in Tribeca neighborhood of New York City. They had grown close while working together in the Netflix series, Gypsy. However, they didn’t make their relationship public until April 2018 as they attended New York Academy of Art Tribeca Ball as a couple.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English, Scottish, and German ancestry.
- Sqaure Chin
- Prominent Nose
- Heavy Jawline
Billy Crudup has done voice-over work for a series of TV commercials for MasterCard. In 2005, he was also featured in one of their commercials.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Jon Osterman / Dr. Manhattan in the superhero satirical movie, Watchmen
- Having played the leading role of Steve Prefontaine in the biographical sports movie, Without Limits
- Being cast in the supporting roles in the popular movies such as Almost Famous, Big Fish, Mission: Impossible III, and Public Enemies
First TV Show
In 1987, Billy Crudup made his first TV show appearance in the drama series, General College.
Billy Crudup Favorite Things
- New Yorker – Holden Caulfield or Mohamed from Rosa Maria Pizza, who used to allow Crudup and his brother buy Pizza slices on credit
- Best Meal In New York – Pasta at Babbo
- Drink – Corona with lime
- Medication – Advil
Source – NY Mag
Billy Crudup Facts
- He developed an interest in acting while he was studying at the University of North Carolina. He had taken a performance class and it got him very much interested in acting.
- Initially, he wasn’t very serious about pursuing acting as a career and was instead focused on becoming a teacher. However, on his first day in school in Masters degree which he was undertaking to become a teacher, he realized how much he wanted to become an actor and decided to completely focus on it.
- Before he found fame as an actor, he did a number of odd jobs including waiting tables at Ernie’s and Mad Hatter on Upper East Side, New York City.
- While growing up, he was a member of the Boy Scouts of America.
- Brad Pitt was the first choice for the role of Russell in Almost Famous. However, after he decided to turn it down for the iconic Fight Club, Billy was given an opportunity to play the role.
- He was offered the role of Bruce Banner in the 2003 superhero movie, Hulk, but he decided to turn it down.
- He has previously served as a historical interpreter at Roanoke Island Festival Park in Manteo, North Carolina.
- He had auditioned for the lead role in Batman Begins and was even considered for the role but eventually, Christian Bale was cast in the role.
- While studying in the university, he was a member of Delta Kappa Epsilon’s Beta Chapter.
- He has often credited his voiceover work for MasterCard adverts for changing his life as it gave him financial freedom for the roles that he wanted to.
- He doesn’t have any social media account.
Featured Image by Thousandrobots at en.wikipedia / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0