|Adam Duritz Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||August 1, 1964|
Adam Duritz is an American musician, songwriter, record producer, and film producer who is best known as the co-founder, frontman, and principal composer of the rock band Counting Crows. Since the band’s inception in 1991, it has sold more than 20 million records, released several studio albums that have been certified ‘Gold’ or ‘Platinum’, and has been nominated for 2 Grammy Awards and an Academy Award. In 1997, he had founded a record label called E Pluribus Unum. A decade later, he had launched another record label called Tyrannosaurus Records. The latter label was defunct by 2015. Besides his music career, he had served as the executive producer of the 1997 drama film The Locusts and the producer of the 2012 ensemble comedy film Freeloaders.
Adam Fredric Duritz
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Adam had attended the prestigious Taft School, a private school in Watertown, Connecticut. He had eventually graduated from the Head-Royce School, a private college-preparatory K-12 school in Oakland, California.
After his high school graduation, he had joined the renowned University of California, Berkeley, a public land-grant research university in Berkeley, California. He had, however, left the institution 2 credits short of a degree.
Musician, Songwriter, Record Producer, Film Producer
- Father – Gilbert Duritz (Physician)
- Mother – Linda Duritz (née Feldman) (Physician)
- Siblings – Nicole Duritz (Younger Sister)
- Others – Morris Duritz (Paternal Grandfather), Lillian Wilensky (Paternal Grandmother), Julius Feldman (Maternal Grandfather), Selma Scherr (Maternal Grandmother)
Folk Rock, Alternative Rock, Pop Rock
In 2020, Adam Duritz’s net worth was $60 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft or 183 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Adam has dated –
- Jennifer Aniston (1995)
- Winona Ryder (1995) – Rumor
- Courteney Cox (1997)
- Mary-Louise Parker (1997–1998)
- Monica Potter (1999)
- Joanna Going (2001)
- Samantha Mathis (2004–2005)
- Trishelle Cannatella (2006)
- Whitney Casey (2008–2009)
- Emmy Rossum (2009–2010)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Ashkenazi Jewish (Russian) descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Ever-changing hairstyle
- Affable smile
- Often sports a thick goatee
Adam Duritz Facts
- Adam, owing to the nature of his parents’ work, had spent his childhood in several cities across the United States including Baltimore, Maryland; Boston, Massachusetts; El Paso, Texas; and Berkeley, California.
- After he had co-founded Counting Crows in San Francisco in 1991, he had sent the band’s demo tape to renowned music industry executive Gary Gersh who was working with Geffen Records at that time. Gary was said to be so impressed by the tape that he had predicted a ‘bidding war’ for the band. His prophecy came true and 9 different record labels were vying to sign the band in February 1992.
- In April 1992, the band had eventually been signed by Gary Gersh in a deal that was so lucrative that several industry executives had started to dub the band as Accounting Crows.
- In 2004, the band had received an Academy Award nomination for their track titled Accidentally in Love. The song was included in the animated film Shrek 2.
- He suffers from a dissociative mental health issue which he had discussed publicly for the first time in 2008.
- In October 2018, he had co-founded the Underwater Sunshine Music Festival.
Featured Image by Adam Duritz / Instagram