|Emmy Rossum Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6½ in|
|Date of Birth||September 12, 1986|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Emmanuelle Grey Rossum
Emmy Rossum, Em, Emmy Grey
New York City, New York, USA
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Manhattan, New York, U.S.
She attended an all-girls independent school, Spence School in New York City. Then, she studied at Stanford University, and Columbia University.
Actress, Singer, songwriter
She is signed with –
- The Schiff Company, LLC
- MGMT Entertainment
- Father – Was a banker
- Mother – Cheryl Rossum (A single mother who worked as a corporate photographer)
- Siblings – None
She was raised by her single mother.
Pop, Pop / Rock, Dream Pop, New Age
Geffen Records, Warner Bros. Records
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Emmy has dated –
- David Wildenstein (2005) – Emmy dated David in 2005 briefly.
- Topher Grace (2005-2007) – She dated Topher, an American actor for more than a year. The duo kept their dating relationship private. However, they were spotted “canoodling” on more than one occasion.
- Milo Ventimiglia (2007) – In 2007, she had an encounter with actor Milo Ventimiglia at the after Oscar Awards party in February.
- Chris Evans (2007) – RUMOR
- Justin Siegel (2007-2009) – American music producer, Justin started dating in March 2007. The couple married a year later in February 2008. The duo could not sustain their marriage for too long and Justin Siegel filed for divorce on September 25, 2009, citing irreconcilable differences. However, their divorce was finalized in December 2009.
- Adam Duritz (2009-2010) – Just after, she separated from Siegel, Emmy started dating Counting Crows frontman Adam Duritz in October 2009., with whom she first met via Twitter. She had also toured during the summer of 2009 with Adam. This relationship also saw an end in September 2010.
- Tyler Jacob Moore (2011-2013) – Her co-star from the show Shameless, Tyler Jacob Moore commenced dating her in April 2011. Emmy is regularly doing the show since 2011 for her role as Fiona Gallagher. They separated in July 2013.
- Sam Esmail (2013-Present) – In October 2013, American film director and writer, Sam Esmail started dating Emmy. They got engaged in August 2015 after dating for two years. On May 28, 2017, the couple tied the knot in New York City. Emmy gave birth to a daughter on May 24, 2021 at 8:13 AM.
Race / Ethnicity
- Beautiful voice
- Beautiful curly and auburn (reddish-brown) hair. She changes her hair color by dying them.
34-24-35 in or 86-61-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
She has earned an endorsement commercial from Cotton Inc.
Emmy has also appeared in several other TV commercials. Some of them are –
- Mt Rainier Caffe Latte
- Korean departmental store called AK Plaza
She was seen in print ads for Chevy Malibu, besides AK Plaza.
Emmy was announced as the ambassador for YouthAIDS charity.
In August 2008, Emmy was announced as the spokesperson for Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
Emmy has revealed that she is a spiritual person but not especially religious.
Emmy’s father is Protestant while her mother is Jewish.
Best Known For
Working in films Songcatcher (2000), An American Rhapsody (2001), and Passionada (2002), Mystic River (2003), The Day After Tomorrow (2004), The Phantom of the Opera (2004).
She released her debut album Inside Out on October 23, 2007, under the label Geffen. Its length is 48:21 minutes, consisting of these singles –
|1.||“Slow Me Down”||Emmy Rossum, Stuart Brawley, Bridget Benenate||2:34|
|2.||“Inside Out”||Rossum, Brawley||3:23|
|5.||“The Great Divide”||Rossum, Brawley||6:53|
|6.||“Lullaby”||Rossum, Brawley, Vince Pizzinga||4:54|
|7.||“Don’t Stop Now”||Rossum, Brawley, Pizzinga||5:44|
|8.||“High”||Rossum, Brawley, Michelle Lewis||3:59|
|9.||“A Million Pieces”||Rossum, Brawley||4:53|
|10.||“Rainy Days and Mondays”||Paul Williams, Roger Nichols||3:42|
|11.||“Anymore”||Rossum, Brawley, Pizzinga||4:49|
|12.||“Been Too Long” (iTunes Bonus Track)||Rossum, Brawley||3:46|
1996 film, Grace & Glorie for her role as Luanne. It was though, a television film.
First TV Show
American police procedural and legal drama television series, Law & Order. She appeared in the show in just a single episode titled “Ritual” in season 8 and episode 10 for her role as Alison Martin in 1997.
For her role in the TV series, Shameless, she looks amazing. To stay in the best shape, she does a lot of dancing. She says that she has been doing dancing since childhood and grew up doing that. In her own words –
“I love Physique 57. Generally, I take spinning and I try to do things in groups. I don’t like a one-on-one trainer—too much pressure. And I hate push-ups, I hate them with a passion.”
However, she can do 8 pushups properly. But, she generally hates them. Rossum likes to work out and do exercises in the presence of some noise like music or a TV show like Pretty Little Liars.
“I think of all my roles, I was best in Genius (1999) (TV)”
“I like René Descartes‘ theory about a ball of wax. You can change its form from solid to liquid, but it’s still the same ball of wax. With acting, you are the same person in a different form. You can only be what you know, and you only truly know yourself.”
Emmy Rossum Favorite Things
- Opera – Carmen
- Designer – Ralph Lauren
- Actors – Sean Penn, Miranda Richardson
- Book – Of Mice and Men (By John Steinbeck)
Source – IMDb
Emmy Rossum Dogs
- Cinnamon – She previously had a rescue dog named Cinnamon who passed away in April 2021.
- Sugar – She has a terrier-Havanese mix named Sugar.
- Pepper – She also has a dog named Pepper.
Emmy Rossum Facts
- She is named after her great-grandfather, Emanuel. It was converted to “Emmanuelle” according to feminine spelling.
- Emmy’s mother is Jewish and her father is Protestant.
- Her parents separated when her mother was pregnant. So, she is raised by her single mother. Emmy stated that she has met her dad twice.
- A famous fashion designer, Vera Wang is her relative (as Wang was married to Emmy’s cousin).
- She is suffering from celiac disease, in which the body cannot tolerate foods containing gluten.
- Rossum has enjoyed the ranking of #6 in the category of “The 50 most talented, intelligent, funny, and gorgeous Jewish women in the world” by Shalom Life.
- She told People magazine regarding drinking – “I love a whiskey sour, and I know most people can’t believe a small-framed girl like me can drink a whiskey sour, but I can. And I like Bellinis.”
- For the film, The Phantom of the Opera in 2004, she won 4 awards.
- She is a YouthAIDS ambassador, official spokesperson for “PiNKiTUDE”, which is a campaign started to increase awareness among people regarding breast cancer.