|Claire Danes Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5½ in|
|Date of Birth||April 12, 1979|
Claire Danes is an American actress, producer, theatre artist, and voice artist who has been cast in films like Romeo + Juliet, The Rainmaker, Les Misérables, Brokedown Palace, A Kid Like Jake, Stardust, Home for the Holidays, Temple Grandin, The Hours, Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, Me and Orson Welles, Shopgirl, Little Women, To Gillian on Her 37th Birthday, and As Cool as I Am. Danes is also known for her roles in shows like Angela Chase in the ABC teen drama My So-Called Life and Carrie Mathison in the espionage thriller series Homeland. Over the years, she has won at least 3 Primetime Emmy Awards, 4 Golden Globe Awards, and 2 Screen Actors Guild Awards and was awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2015. Also, Time named her one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2012.
Claire Catherine Danes
Manhattan, New York, United States
Danes went to Dalton School in NYC, and New York City Lab School for Collaborative Studies.
Subsequently, she also attended Professional Performing Arts School, and the Lycée Français de Los Angeles in Los Angeles, California. Starting from 1998, Danes also enrolled herself at Yale University to major in psychology. But, she dropped out after attending it for two years so as to focus primarily on her film career.
Actress, Producer, Voiceover Artist, Theatre Artist
- Father – Christopher Danes (Computer consultant and former architectural photographer)
- Mother – Carla (née Hall) Danes (Day-care provider, textile designer, and painter)
- Siblings – Asa Danes (Older Brother) (b. 1973) (Corporate Lawyer)
- Others – Gibson Andrew Danes (Paternal Grandfather) (1910–1992) (Dean of the art and architecture school at Yale University), Claire Natalie Tomowske (Paternal Grandmother), John Stuart Hall (Maternal Grandfather), Catherine Agnes Ebbert (Maternal Grandmother)
Claire’s mother Carla has been her manager.
She has also been represented by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
5 ft 5½ in or 166 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Claire Danes has dated –
- Leonardo DiCaprio (1996) – After appearing together and sharing some hot scenes in the 1996 movie Romeo + Juliet, the two were RUMORed to have dated in 1996.
- Andrew Dorff (1997) – Claire briefly dated vocalist, Andrew Dorff (brother of actor Stephen Dorff) in 1997.
- Matt Damon (1997) – From April to September 1997, they were RUMORed to be an item.
- Ben Lee (1997-2003) – Australian singer, Ben Lee and actress Danes met for the first time during a birthday party in 1997. They started dating after their first meeting only. She had a 6-year long relationship with Ben. They finally separated in 2003 as Claire Danes found Billy.
- Billy Crudup (2004-2006) – Actor Billy and Claire were romantically linked for three years from 2004 to December 2006. Billy left his pregnant girlfriend Mary-Louise Parker for Danes. Billy, who is 11 years older than Claire ended his relationship with her when it came to light that Claire is cheating on him with her Evening (2007) co-star Hugh Dancy.
- Hugh Dancy (2007-Present) – Since 2007, Claire is in a relationship with English actor Hugh Dancy. After commencing dating in 2007, the pair engaged in February 2009 and married in early September 2009 in France in a secret ceremony. Claire gave birth to their first child – a son named, Cyrus Michael Christopher Dancy (b. December 17, 2012). Their 2nd son, Rowen, was born on August 27, 2018. In January 2023, the couple revealed that they were expecting their 3rd child together. In July 2023, they were blessed with a baby girl.
Race / Ethnicity
Claire Danes is of German, English, Northern Irish, Scottish, Irish, and Austrian/Croatian descent.
Claire dyes her hair blonde.
She is dying her hair since the age of 13 and now, honestly does not know her natural hair color.
34-23-34 in or 87-58.5-87 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
8 (US) or 5.5 (UK) or 38.5 (EU)
Casio (2013), Gucci (2008)
Best Known For
Playing Juliet Capulet in the 1996 romantic movie Romeo + Juliet, Cosette in the 1998 movie Les Misérables, as Yvaine in the 2007 movie Stardust.
She debuted with the 1994 American drama film Little Women for her role as Beth March.
First TV Show
In 1992, Claire made a guest appearance in the police procedural drama series Law & Order for her role as Tracy Brandt in an episode titled “Skin Deep”.
Joe Dowdell is her longtime personal trainer. Joe has never suggested she overdo any exercise. With Claire, he only does cardio and that for three days a week. That is sufficient for her as she also eats a clean diet – with all the real food.
A sound sleep, good exercise, and a proper diet routine are her key to a healthy body.
Claire Danes Favorite Things
- Movies – Fargo (1996), Footloose (1984), The Breakfast Club (1985)
- Fashion Designers – Alexander McQueen, Narciso Rodriguez, Zac Posen
Source – TV
Claire Danes Facts
- She is good friends with actor and musician Jason Schwartzman.
- She has two pets – a poodle dog named Ouija, and a cat named Fifi-Champion.
- Actress Morena Baccarin was her classmate at NYC Lab School for Collaborative Studies.
- She was first considered for the title role in Lolita (1997), which was later given to Dominique Swain.
- Claire also auditioned for the role of Rose in the film Titanic (1997). She was also on the top list for that role. But, again this role was finally offered to Kate Winslet, which she accepted.
- She had participated in Gucci’s jewelry ad campaign in 2008.
- She likes surfing, gymnastics, and dancing.
- She portrayed the character of Temple Grandin, an autistic woman whose innovations revolutionized practices for the humane handling of livestock on cattle ranches and slaughterhouses, in the 2010 biographical drama television film titled Temple Grandin. For this role, she won her first Primetime Emmy Award for the “Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series or Movie”, a Golden Globe Award for “Best Actress in a Miniseries or Motion Picture – Television”, and a Screen Actors Guild Award for “Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries”.
- She started acting at the age of 12.
- Claire is also a certified SCUBA (Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus) diver.
- In February 2021, Claire was announced to have replaced the lead role which was earlier offered to Keira Knightley in the Apple+ TV series The Essex Serpent.
- She is not on social media.