|Keira Knightley Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||March 26, 1985|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Keira Knightley is a British actress, voiceover artist, model, and producer who is noted for her roles in period dramas and has been the recipient of various accolades including two Empire Awards and nominations for two Academy Awards, two British Academy Film Awards, three Golden Globe Awards, one Screen Actors Guild Award, and one Laurence Olivier Award. She has gained with her roles like Elizabeth Bennet in Pride & Prejudice, Elizabeth Swann in the fantasy series Pirates of the Caribbean, Cecilia Tallis in Atonement, Ruth C. in Never Let Me Go, Georgiana Cavendish in The Duchess, Joan Clarke in The Imitation Game, Sabina Spielrein in A Dangerous Method, Anna Arkadyevna Karenina in Anna Karenina, Sugar Plum Fairy in The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, Jan Hall in Everest, and Jane in Berlin, I Love You. She was appointed an OBE in the 2018 Birthday Honours for services to drama and charity and has also worked extensively with organizations like Amnesty International, Oxfam, and Comic Relief.
Keira Christina Knightley
Teddington, London, England, United Kingdom
Canonbury, London, England, United Kingdom
Keira attended Stanley Junior School, Teddington School, and Esher College in Elmbridge, England.
Actress, Model, Voiceover Artist, Producer
- Father – Will Knightley (Theatre and TV actor)
- Mother – Sharman Macdonald (Actress, Playwright)
- Siblings – Caleb Knightley (Older Brother)
- Others – William Knightley (Paternal Grandfather), Violet Grace Jones (Paternal Grandmother), Joseph Henry Hosgood MacDonald (Maternal Grandfather), Janet Rewat Williams (Maternal Grandmother)
She has been signed with –
- United Agents Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- MGMT Entertainment, Talent Management Company, West Hollywood, California, United States
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Keira Knightley has dated –
- Del Synnott (2001-2003) – Keira started dating British actor Del when she met him on the set of the 2001 TV movie Princess of Thieves. The relationship went on for two years when the duo finally broke out in 2003.
- Jamie Dornan (2003-2005) – Irish actor, Jamie Dornan (he is 6 inches taller than her) first met Keira in New York during a photoshoot. She again dated him for 2 years from August 2003 to August 2005. It was reported that the Irish actor had a hard time handling Knightley’s success.
- Adrien Brody (2005) – After the actors Keira and Adrien Brody met on the set of The Jacket (2005), they started dating each other. At that time, they were filming the movie in Scotland. The relationship was live only for the duration of the movie shooting.
- Rupert Friend (2005-2010) – Now, this time the relationship went longer than before. Another English actor, Rupert Friend did friendship with her and dated her after they both met on the set of the 2005 movie Pride & Prejudice. They didn’t start dating until the film shooting had wrapped up. They finally separated in November 2010.
- James Righton (2011-Present) – British musician, who plays keyboard for the rock band Klaxons got introduced to Knightley via Alexa Chung, their mutual friend. They started dating in 2011 and the dating relationship converted into engagement on May 25, 2012. They married on May 4, 2013, in Mazan, Vaucluse, South of France. The couple welcomed daughter Edie in May 2015, who was born in London. They were blessed with their 2nd child, a daughter named Delilah, in September 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English descent on her father’s side and has Welsh and Scottish ancestry on her mother’s side.
- High cheekbones
- Often stars in period pieces
32-23-33 in or 81-58.5-84 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
She wears a shoe of size 9 (US).
Keira has modeled for Asprey Diamonds in 2003, Lux (Japanese brand), American Library Association’s “Read” program, etc.
She has appeared in numerous commercials and print ads for Chanel Coco’s perfumes.
Knightley has served as the spokesperson for the Amnesty International charity.
Best Known For
Appearing in the films Bend It Like Beckham in 2002 as Juliette “Jules” Paxton, Pirates of the Caribbean series from 2003 to 2007 as Elizabeth Swann, and Pride & Prejudice in 2005 as Elizabeth Bennet.
She debuted with the 1995 British-French thriller film Innocent Lies for her role as Young Celia.
First TV Show
In 1993, Keira appeared in BBC’s anthology drama series Screen One as Little Girl.
She works with a personal trainer Pierre Pozzuto. So, her slim trim figure is not the result of her genes only, she also tries to maintain her silhouette with the help of Pierre.
Keira Knightley Favorite Things
- Music – The English Riviera (By Metronomy), Songs of Love and Hate (By Leonard Cohen)
- Book – The Passion (By Jeanette Winterson and Donna Ball), The Sun Also Rises (By Ernest Hemingway), The Old Man and the Sea (By Ernest Hemingway)
- Films – Little Miss Sunshine (2006), True Grit (2010), Black Swan (2010), Blue Valentine (2010)
- Designers – A.P.C
- Actor – Johnny Depp
Source – Interview Magazine, IMDb
Keira Knightley Facts
- She had dyslexia when in school and so found difficulty in reading the words fluently. She was helped to overcome the difficulties with dyslexia at 6.
- She signed up with her first agent at the age of 6.
- Due to her dyslexia problem, she focused more on an acting career.
- Keira supports West Ham United Supporter Football club.
- She could also be heard in the video game version of the Pirates of the Caribbean in 2003 as she narrated the scenes in that game.
- She has been featured in the music video Don’t Wanna Let You Go by 5ive in 2000.
- In 1999, Keira portrayed the role of Polly in the radio adaptation of the 1853 novel Villette. This novel was broadcasted as a three-hour radio serial on BBC Radio 4.
- She loves to collect shoes.
- She appeared as Elizabeth Bennet in the 2005 romantic drama film, Pride & Prejudice, based on Jane Austen’s 1813 novel of the same name. This role got her nominated for an Academy Award in the “Best Actress” category.
- As per Daily Mail, she earned £1.5 million in 2012 but spent only £30,000 on herself like clothes, shoes, and all the other expenses. The questions started arising if she was living a cheap life.
- Keira was first considered for the role which was finally played by Claire Danes in the Apple TV+ series The Essex Serpent.
- In November 2021, it was revealed that Keira, her husband James Righton, and their 2 daughters, Edie and Delilah, had all been tested positive for COVID-19.
- She is not on social media.