|Timothy Hutton Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||August 16, 1960|
Timothy Hutton is an American actor and director who is best known for his work in films such as Ordinary People (1980), Taps (1981), The Falcon and the Snowman (1985), and The Dark Half (1993).
Timothy Tarquin Hutton
Malibu, Los Angeles County, California, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Timothy had attended the Fairfax High School in Los Angeles.
- Father – Jim Hutton (Actor) (d. June 2, 1979)
- Mother – Maryline Adams (née Poole) (Teacher)
- Siblings – Heidi Hutton (Older Sister)
- Others – Punch Hutton (Younger Half-Sister) (Former Deputy Fashion Editor of Vanity Fair magazine), Lynni M. Solomon (Ex-Stepmother), Thomas R. Hutton (Paternal Grandfather) (Editor), Helen Hutton (Paternal Grandmother), Arthur Barnard (Maternal Grandfather), Helen Noyes Burdick (Maternal Grandmother), Robert Winger (Ex-Father-in-Law), Ruth Winger (née Felder) (Ex-Mother-in-Law) (Office Manager) (d. March 19, 1996), Marla Winger (Ex-Sister-in-Law), Marc Winger (Ex-Brother-in-Law), Valéry Giscard d’Estaing (Ex-Uncle-in-Law) (Politician, Former President of France) (d. December 2, 2020)
6 ft or 183 cm
83 kg or 183 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Timothy has dated –
- Kristy McNichol
- Melissa Sue Anderson
- Patti Davis
- Diane Lane (1980–1984)
- Rosanna Arquette (1981–1982)
- Elizabeth McGovern (1981–1982)
- Jennifer Grey (1982)
- Melissa Gilbert (1982)
- Jenny Lumet (1982)
- Tai Babilonia (1983)
- Demi Moore (1983)
- Dana Wheeler-Nicholson (1984)
- Kim Cattrall (1984)
- Debra Winger (1985–1990) – Timothy had started dating actress Debra Winger in 1985 and they got married on March 16, 1986. They have a son together named Noah Hutton (b. April 29, 1987) (Documentary Filmmaker). They had parted ways in 1990.
- Sandra Bernhard (1985)
- Mary-Louise Parker (1990-1992)
- Uma Thurman (1995-1996)
- Angelina Jolie (1997-1999)
- Aurore Giscard d’Estaing (1999–2009) – Timothy began dating French illustrator Aurore Giscard d’Estaing in 1999 and the couple got married on January 21, 2000. They have a son together named Milo Hutton (b. September 11, 2001). They had parted ways in 2009.
- Caitlin Gerard (2014)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English, some Irish, 1/8th Norwegian, and distant German descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Clean-shaven look
- Back-combed, overgrown hair
Timothy has been featured in the TV commercials for –
- Groupon (2011)
- MTV‘s ‘Books: Feed Your Head’ campaign
Timothy Hutton Facts
- Timothy’s parents had divorced when he was just 3 years old. His mother had then taken him and his sister first to Boston and then to her hometown of Harwinton, Connecticut. They had returned to California when he was 12 years old.
- In 1976, he had moved in with his father at his home in Los Angeles and was with him until he died in 1979, due to liver cancer.
- As of January 2021, he had held the record for being the youngest recipient of the Academy Award for ‘Best Supporting Actor’. He had won that for portraying the character of Conrad Jarrett in the 1980 family drama film Ordinary People, his first credited role in a feature film. He was just 20 years and 227 days old when he had received the award.
- Timothy co-owns the New York City restaurant P. J. Clarke’s.
- In 2011, he had been featured in a TV commercial for the global e-commerce marketplace Groupon which was aired during the year’s Super Bowl. The ad copped a lot of criticism for its parodying of the Tibetan resistance movement and had to be taken down eventually.
- He is a massive fan of the now-defunct Irish-American rock band Black 47.
Featured Image by Timothy Hutton / Instagram