|Debra Winger Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||May 16, 1955|
Debra Winger is an American actress who is known for her role in the films An Officer and a Gentleman (1982), Terms of Endearment (1983), Shadowlands (1993), and A Dangerous Woman (1993). On the other hand, Debra is also known for her work on the Netflix original series The Ranch (2016–2020).
Debra Lynn Winger
Cleveland Heights, Ohio, United States
Debra graduated from Oliver Wendell Holmes Junior High School in Northridge, California in 1970. After that, she went on to complete her studies at James Monroe High School in Sepulveda, California in 1973.
Initially, she had enrolled at college to major in criminology. However, she decided to leave college and began studying acting.
- Father – Robert Jack Winger (Meat Packer)
- Mother – Ruth Felder (Office Manager)
- Siblings – Marla Winger (Sister), Marc Winger (Brother)
- Others – Israel Benjamin I. Winger (Paternal Grandfather), Merriam Kalkstein (Paternal Grandmother), Emmanuel H. Felder (Maternal Grandfather), Theresa C. Benjamin (Maternal Grandmother)
Debra is represented by The Gersh Agency, Framework, and attorney Ira Schreck.
Debra Winger’s net worth was $8 Million according to Celebrity Net Worth.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Debra has dated –
- Richard Lewis
- Andrew Rubin (1977-1980)
- Nick Nolte (1980-1981)
- Bob Kerrey (1983-1985)
- Gary Hart (1984)
- Timothy Hutton (1985-1990) – Debra began dating actor Timothy Hutton in 1985 and they later tied the knot on March 16, 1986. Together, the couple has a son named Noah Hutton (b. April 29, 1987) (Documentary Filmmaker). Despite being married for over 5 years, they decided to part ways in 1990.
- Arliss Howard (1993-Present) – She and actor and director Arliss Howard got married to another in 1996. They had previously met on the set of Wilder Napalm in 1993. They have a son named Gideon Babe Ruth Howard (Also known as Babe) (b. 1997). She is also the stepmother to Sam Howard, who is the son of Arliss from his previous marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
Debra has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
Deep throaty voice
She has appeared in commercials for various brands such as Cheer Detergent.
Debra Winger Facts
- She was brought up in a family with a Jewish background.
- Debra was only 5 years old when her family moved to California.
- She was in high school when she found her passion for acting. However, she decided to keep it a secret from her family and graduated at the mere age of 15.
- Debra had trained with the Israeli Defense Forces in the past.
- She was 18 years old when she met with a car accident that resulted in her suffering from a cerebral hemorrhage. This, in turn, left her partially paralyzed and blind on the left side for 10 months. Nevertheless, Debra made a speedy recovery with time and moved to California in order to build her acting career.
- Her maternal grandmother would call her Mary, whereas, her parents called her Debra.
- She was named after her father’s favorite actress, Debra Paget.
- She made her debut feature film appearance as Debbie in Slumber Party ’57 in 1976, alongside the likes of actress Janet Wood and Noelle North. The same year, Debra made her first TV show appearance as Drusilla / Wonder Girl in Wonder Woman.
- One of the earliest posts that Debra uploaded to her Instagram account was on March 15, 2015.
- Her film appearances include Urban Cowboy (1980), Legal Eagles (1986), Black Widow (1987), Betrayed (1988), The Sheltering Sky (1990), Forget Paris (1995), and Rachel Getting Married (2008).
Featured Image By Alice Attie / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0