|Gauhar Khan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||August 23, 1983|
Gauhar Khan is an Indian model, dancer, television personality, and actress who has been cast in several shows and movies which include Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 3, Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year, Once Upon a Time in Mumbai, Oh Yaara Ainvayi Ainvayi Lut Gaya, Badrinath Ki Dulhania, Ishaqzaade, Game, Shankar Dada M.B.B.S., Kyaa Kool Hain Hum 3, Begum Jaan, Bigg Boss, India’s Raw Star, Gathbandhan, and I Can Do That. Moreover, she has also garnered an impressive fan base of more than 4 million followers on Instagram and more than 3 million followers on Twitter.
Gauahar Zafar Khan
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Gauhar Khan got her school education from Mount Carmel Convent School in Pune.
Actress and model
- Father – Zafar Ahmed Khan (Passed away in 2021)
- Siblings – Nigaar Khan (Older Sister) (Actress and Model), Kausar Khan (Older Sister) (Spa Owner). Overall, she is the youngest of 5 siblings.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Gauhar Khan has dated –
- Sajid Khan (2003) – Gauhar Khan got engaged to producer and director Sajid Khan in 2003. Sajid has hinted in his interview with Bollywood Life that they were in a relationship for quite some time by the time they got engaged. He didn’t clearly reveal the reason behind their decision to end the engagement. He merely made a passing remark about getting bored.
- Sahil Peerzada (2011-2013) – Gauhar started going out with Mumbai based businessman, Sahil Peerzada in 2011. They were in a steady relationship for about two years before she decided to dump him before starting her stint in the reality show, Bigg Boss. It was claimed that they wanted to settle down but their religious differences and conflict over how they wanted to raise their future children led to their breakup. Whereas there are some sources that claim religious differences have nothing to do with their breakup, it was merely an amicable decision.
- Nihar Pandya – There were tabloids that were reporting that Gauhar was in a relationship with model and actor Nihar Pandya before she entered the reality show, Bigg Boss. It was also claimed that they had been dating for years and they had broken up by the start of 2013, about eight months before her entry into the popular TV show.
- Kushal Tandon (2013-2014) – Gauhar Khan started going out with TV actor Kushal Tandon during their stint in Bigg Boss. Their very public love story had helped her win the reality show. Their loyal fans had coined Gaushal word for them. However, their relationship hardly lasted a year. In October 2014, he took to his Twitter to reveal that they weren’t together anymore. A couple of days later, he gave an interview in which he spoke about his family’s link with Hindu conservative political party BJP and hinted at Gauhar not being an ideal fit due to her religious background. It was alleged in some tabloids that Gauhar wasn’t impressed with his alcohol habit. Since their breakup, they have often traded barbs in interviews.
- Jackky Bhagnani (2017) – In July 2017, Gauhar’s name was linked with actor Jackky Bhagnani.
- Melvin Louis (2018) – Gauhar was rumored to be dating dancer Melvin Louis in 2018.
- Zaid Darbar (2020-Present) – In November 2020, Gauhar announced her engagement to actor Zaid Darbar who is the son of music composer Ismail Darbar. She is 5 years older than him. In December 2020, the couple got married.
Race / Ethnicity
- Prominent Chin
- Puffy Cheeks
- Big eyebrows
34-27-36 in or 86-68.5-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
6.5 (US) or 4 (UK) or 37 (EU)
Gauhar Khan has appeared in TV commercials for –
- Ford Ikon
- Bajaj Auto
- Opel Car
- Tanishq Jewellery
- Indirapuram Habitat Centre
Best Known For
- Having won the 8th edition of the Indian reality TV show Bigg Boss
- Having appeared in the supporting roles in popular movies such as Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year (2009), Ishaqzaade (2012), and Begum Jaan (2017)
In 2004, she made her first film appearance in the action thriller movie, Aan: Men at Work in a special appearance in the song “Nasha”.
First TV Show
Her first appearance in the regular TV show came in 2009 in the dance reality show, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 3 where she finished first runner-up.
Gauhar hits the gym on a regular basis to keep her toned figure in perfect shape for her modeling assignments. She also spends time dancing which is a good cardio workout.
She also makes sure that she is eating right to complement her workout routine.
Gauhar Khan Favorite Things
- Must-Have Travel Accessories – Phone charger and hair straightener
- Travel Companion – Her older sister, Nigaar Khan
- City – London
- Historical Crush – Ayrton Senna da Silva (Brazilian professional F1 racer)
- Addiction – Music
- Music – Piano
- Must-Have Wardrobes – Skirts, denim, capris, tank tops, and tubers or halters
- Dream Skill – To become an expert in ice skating
- Lipstick – MAC
- Mascara – L’Oreal
- Moisturizer – Clinique, Garnier
- Hair Products – Schwarzkopf, L’Oreal
- Perfume – Cartier, Mont Blanc
- Toothpaste – Pepsodent
- Bathing Product – Shower gel from St Ives
- Nail Polish Color – Red
- Haircut Salon – Juice at Khar
- Bedsheets Brand – Zara Home
- TV Shows – Grey’s Anatomy, Prison Break
- Laptop Brand – Compaq
- Cell Phone – Sony Ericsson W850i
- Fashion Designers – Narendra Kumar, Manish Malhotra, Gavin Miguel
- Sneakers – Puma, Reebok, and Nike
- T–Shirts – Topshop, Mango, and Jeff
- Watch – Jean, Police, TechnoMarine, Ferre and Marie Claire
- Bags – Charles and Keith, Swarovski and ALDO
Gauhar Khan Facts
- At the age of 18, she finished in the 4th position in the Femina Miss India contest. She was also selected as Miss Talented in the same event.
- She was cast as Koena Sheikh in the 2009 comedy-drama film, Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year, in which she co-starred alongside Ranbir Kapoor, Shazahn Padamsee, and Prem Chopra. For this role, she was nominated for Screen Awards 2010 for “Most Promising Newcomer – Female” as well as “Best Actor in a Supporting Role – Female” and also received a Stardust Awards 2010 nomination in the “Best Breakthrough Performance – Female” category.
- Alongside Parineeti Chopra and Arjun Kapoor, she was cast as Chand Bibi in the 2012 Hindi-language romantic action film, Ishaqzaade. Her performance in the film got her nominated for the 2013 Renault Star Guild Award in the “Best Actress in a Supporting Role” category.
- In November 2014, she was slapped by Akil Malik, a member of the audience during the shooting of the reality TV show, India’s Raw Star. Malik claimed that he was outraged because Gauhar being a Muslim woman was still wearing revealing clothes.
- There has been some controversy about her birth date as some sources allege that she was born in 1980, not in 1983.
- In 2009, she managed to finish as the first runner up in the 3rd season of the Indian dance reality show, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa.
- In 2002, Gauhar appeared in the Channel 4 documentary film, Bitches & Beauty Queens: The Making of Miss India.