|Arjun Kapoor Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11¾ in|
|Date of Birth||June 26, 1985|
Arjun Kapoor is an Indian actor, dancer, and producer who is the son of film producers Boney Kapoor and Mona Shourie Kapoor. He made his acting debut with the 2012 Hindi-language romantic action film, Ishaqzaade, in which he co-starred alongside Parineeti Chopra and for this role, he received several accolades including a Filmfare Award nomination in the “Best Male Debut” category. Since then, Arjun has been cast in a number of movies such as Gunday, 2 States, Half Girlfriend, Ki & Ka, Finding Fanny, Mubarakan, Namaste England, Panipat, Sandeep Aur Pinky Faraar, Bhavesh Joshi Superhero, India’s Most Wanted, and Zero.
Arjun Boney Kapoor
Chembur, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Arjun did schooling from Arya Vidya Mandir, Juhu, Mumbai, India. He attended Narsee Monjee College in Mumbai. He learned theaters from the Asian Academy of Film and Television, Noida, India.
Actor, Dancer, Producer
- Father – Boney Kapoor
- Mother – Mona Shourie Kapoor
- Siblings – Anshula Kapoor (Younger Sister), Janhvi Kapoor (Younger Half-Sister) (Actress), Khushi Kapoor (Younger Half-Sister)
- Others – Surinder Kapoor (Grandfather) (Filmmaker), Anil Kapoor (Uncle) (Actor, Producer), Sanjay Kapoor (Uncle) (Actor, Producer), Sandeep Marwah (Uncle) (Producer), Sonam Kapoor (Cousin) (Actress), Rhea Kapoor (Cousin) (Producer), Mohit Marwah (Cousin) (Actor), Harshvardhan Kapoor (Cousin) (Actor), Sridevi (Step-mother) (Actress)
5 ft 11¾ in or 182.5 cm
87 kg or 191 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Once when being asked about his dating life, he said –
“A gentleman never kisses and tells”
However, he has been linked with these women –
- Arpita Khan (2003-2005) – He was romantically involved with Arpita Khan, the adopted sister of Salman Khan, between 2003 and 2005.
- Athiya Shetty (2016) – In October 2016, he was seen kissing actress Athiya Shetty in a nightclub in Mumbai which sparked dating RUMORs. They were also pictured together at Punit Malhotra’s party.
- Malaika Arora (2017-Present) – Actress Malaika Arora and Arjun are dating each other since 2017. Malaika was previously married to Arbaaz Khan. Her divorce from Arbaaz was finalized in May 2017. Later, there were also some marriage rumors of Malaika and Arjun.
Race / Ethnicity
Arjun Kapoor is of Punjabi descent.
9 (UK) or 10 (US) or 43 (EU)
He was selected as the brand ambassador for EVC in 2013.
Best Known For
Acting in films like Ishaqzaade (2012), Aurangzeb (2013), Gunday (2014), and 2 States (2014)
- As Actor – 2012 romantic drama film, Ishaqzaade for his role as Parma Chauhan opposite Parineeti Chopra. It is directed and written by Habib Faisal and produced by Aditya Chopra under Yash Raj Films.
- As Assistant Director – 2002 Bollywood film, Shakti: The Power. Arjun assisted the director Pasupuleti Krishna Vamsi.
Arjun has also served as the executive producer of some films like No Entry (2005), Wanted (2009), Milenge Milenge (2010).
Salman Khan turned out to be his trainer during the early days when he was working as an assistant director in the films. He was quite heavy earlier, around 140 kgs. His diet, workout routine, both were inspired by Salman. Arjun left all the junk food, replaced rice with Quinoa (pronounced keen-wah). He left sweets and additionally drank lots of black coffee. Arjun’s diet was like –
- Breakfast – 4-6 egg whites, toast, egg yolk
- Post Workout – Protein Shake
- Lunch – Chapati (or Roti), Veggies (or sabzi), Chicken, Dal (He used to take Bajra Roti instead of aata roti as it was a rich source of fiber)
- Dinner – He stayed away from carbohydrates at night and only ate chicken or fish.
His workout consisted of cardio, weight training, circuit training to shed off those 60-65 kgs. After his successful weight loss, he just continues to maintain that weight by working CrossFit with Deepesh Bhatt.
Arjun Kapoor Favorite Things
- Actress – Priyanka Chopra
- Song – Deva Shree Ganesha (From Agneepath)
- TV Show – Entourage (2004-2011), LOST (2004-2010)
- Actor – Too Many
- IPL Team – Mumbai Indians
- Color – Blue
- Car – Aston Martin Rapide
Source – TOI, Bollywood Hungama
Arjun Kapoor Facts
- His parents separated when Arjun was 11 years old.
- When asked about his father’s 2nd marriage to Sridevi, he said, “When we were kids, it was difficult. But what can you do? How long will you complain? You have to accept what is, take it on your chin, and move on.” He added, “We don’t really meet and spend time together so it doesn’t really exist”.
- He wanted to become a director.
- He has a celebrity crush on Kareena Kapoor.
- Arjun won 3 awards for his debut film, Ishaqzaade – Stardust’s “Superstar of Tomorrow – Male” Award, Zee Cine “Best Male Debut” Award in 2013, and Big Star Entertainment’s “Most Entertaining Actor (Film) Debut – Male” Award in 2012.
- Arjun has a phobia of ceiling fans.
- He has 2 dogs, named Fubu and Chocolate.
- He does not watch any Indian TV shows.
- He says that he was good at his studies till the 5th standard. Then, he started losing interest.
- In September 2020, he announced on social media that he had been tested positive for coronavirus and was asymptomatic. After almost a month, in October 2020, it was revealed that he had recovered from the virus.
- He welcomed New Year 2021 in Goa with then-girlfriend Malaika Arora among friends and family members.
- He co-starred as Satinder “Pinky” Dahiya in the 2021 Hindi-language black comedy film, Sandeep Aur Pinky Faraar.