|Sonakshi Sinha Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5¾ in|
|Date of Birth||June 2, 1987|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Sonakshi Sinha is an Indian film actress who is mostly known for her broad and bold personality. She instantly rose to fame with her debut movie Dabangg (2010) starring Salman Khan for which she received the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut. The movie was the highest gross earner of the year and Sonakshi was well accepted by the audience because of her unconventional look. She instantly earned the attention of many directors and was cast alongside big superstars at the beginning of her career. Sonakshi, as an actress, is an inspiration for many, that for being an actress in Bollywood, one doesn’t have to be ‘size zero’.
Sonakshi is fond of singing too and has lent her voice in a few songs and intends on taking singing seriously. She has also worked with Myntra, where she mentored and judged the contestants of India’s first digital reality show Myntra Fashion Superstar a talent hunt for fashion influencer.
Sona, Shotgun Junior
Patna, Bihar, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Sonakshi completed her schooling from Arya Vidya Mandir in Mumbai and graduated in Fashion Designing from Shreemati Nathibai Damodar Thackersey Women’s University (SNDT), Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Actress, Model, Singer
- Father – Shatrughan Sinha (Actor, Politician)
- Mother – Poonam Sinha (née Chandiramani) (Actress)
- Siblings – Luv Sinha (Older Brother) (Actor), Kussh S Sinha (Older Brother) (Director, Photographer)
- Others – Bhavna and Pooja Ruparel (Cousin), Dr. Lakhan Sinha (Paternal Uncle), Pahlaj Nihalani (Maternal Uncle), Preeta Sinha (Cousin, daughter of Lakhan Sinha) (Co-founder of One Green Planet, New York), Loksen Lalvani (Maternal Uncle) (Director)
5 ft 5¾ in or 167 cm
60 kg or 132 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sonakshi has dated –
- Arjun Kapoor (2014-2015) – Sonakshi started dating actor Arjun Kapoor in 2014. The couple dated for almost a year before breaking up in 2015.
- Zaheer Iqbal – Sonakshi has been in a relationship with actor Zaheer Iqbal.
Sonakshi’s father Shatrughan Sinha (also called “Shotgun”) is very strict and he doesn’t allow her to go on date with any guy. During the shooting of the film Lootera, Sonakshi went on date with co-star Ranveer Singh on Valentine’s day in 2012, for which she was scolded by her father. By the way, her ex-boyfriend is considered to be Aditya Shroff (ex-owner of Fame Cinemas).
Race / Ethnicity
Shiny Black hair
35-27-37 in or 89-68.5-94 cm
In 2019, Sinha was signed to endorse –
- CavinKare’s Chik shampoo
- DIGISOL, the computer networking brand of Smartlink Network Systems
Sonakshi Sinha Favorite Things
- Favorite Actress – Rani Mukherjee, Sri Devi
- Favorite Actor – Hrithik Roshan, Salman Khan
- Favorite Movies – Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995), Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India (2001), Jab We Met (2007), Dabangg (2010)
- Favorite Food – Thai and Chinese
- Favorite Books – The Da Vinci Code, Shantaram
- Favorite Comedian – Russell Peters
- Favorite Music – Rock, Acid-Jazz, Hip-Hop, House, and Bollywood
- Fashion Favorites – Gucci, Salvatore Ferragamo, Narendra Kumar, Manish Malhotra, Vikram Phadnis
- Favorite Scent – Victoria Secret’s Pink body spray for the day and Jean Paul Gaultier Classique at night
Dabangg in 2010 co-starring Salman Khan, for her role as Rajjo Pandey. She also got Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut for Dabangg.
Sonakshi Sinha Facts
- Sonakshi Sinha was initially body-shamed and trolled by many for being bulky in comparison to other actresses.
- She lost 30 kgs before she coming into the limelight.
- Before working as an actress, she had worked as a costume designer and had designed costume for the movie Mera Dil Leke Dekho in 2005.
- Sonakshi uses occasional ‘Multani Mitti Packs’ (Fuller’s Earth; It is a cleansing mask) and fresh Aloe Vera as the home recipes for fresh and glowing skin.
- She hates lip gloss.
- Sonakshi always carries with her in her bag – Inglot Coral Blush and Coral Lipstick – 401, M.A.C transparent mascara, MaXfactor water-proof mascara, Chanel Matt Lumiere no. 50, Revlon Kohl pencil.
- Sonakshi uses Olive Oil and Coconut Oil for an occasional head massage, which also helps her in better blood circulation.
- She believes in false eyelashes, as they make her glamorous instantly.
- Her mother Poonam Sinha and Rekha are her beauty icons.
- She promotes the adoption and sterilization of dogs and cats and has even posed for a PETA campaign.
- In September 2019, in an episode of KBC, Sonakshi could not answer a question based on the mythology Ramayana. For this, she was highly trolled on Twitter. It came as a surprise for the audience and Mr. Amitabh Bachchan that she could not answer the simple question since her father’s bungalow is named Ramayana and all her paternal uncles names and her own brother’s name are based on Ramayana’s character.
- On her 27th birthday, Sonakshi got a star tattooed on her collarbone.
- In November 2020, she became a licensed scuba diver.
- In early January 2021, Sonakshi was seen spending her time in the backwaters of Kerala, India.
- In December 2022, Sonakshi was named PETA India‘s “2022 Person of the Year”.
- Sonakshi, in 2023, purchased a Royal Enfield Meteor 350 bike. She even did her own stunts on the bike in the web series Dahaad.
- In September 2023, Sonakshi purchased a 2,430-square-foot apartment in Mumbai’s Bandra suburb for Rs 11 crore.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / BollywoodHungama.com / CC-By-3.0