|GloZell Green Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 30, 1972|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
GloZell Green is an American YouTuber, rapper, singer, and comedian who quickly rose to popularity not too long after creating her YouTube channel in 2008. In her channel, she usually shares updates about her life and song parodies in an insanely funny manner filled with wittiness. With her funny personality, it wasn’t long until she became well-loved by many fans particularly in the mega-popular video-sharing platform where she tends to often create video content that isn’t just funny and entertaining but also speaks volume of what she really loves doing individually and as an artist.
GloZell Lyneette Green
Orlando, Florida, United States
In 1997, she graduated from the University of Florida with a BFA degree in musical theatre.
YouTuber, Singer, Rapper, Comedian
- Father – Ozell Green
- Mother – Gloria Green
- Siblings – DeOnzell (Sister) (Opera Singer)
She self-manages herself.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165.5 cm
Boyfriend / Spouse
GloZell Green has dated –
- Before Simon, GloZell was previously married from 2000 to 2003. The identity of her former husband remains unknown but as per reports, she described her relationship with her ex as well as their separation in her autobiography titled “Is You Okay?”.
- Kevin Simon (2013-2020) – GloZell and Kevin Simon got married on August 9, 2013. After 3 years of being married, the couple welcomed their first child delivered by surrogation on August 4, 2016. They named their daughter O’Zell Glorian De Green Simon. In 2020, GloZell revealed that she had divorced Kevin.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
- Big Lips
- Curly Fluffy Hair
GloZell Green Favorite Things
- Comedian – Jay Leno
Source – Wikipedia
GloZell Green Facts
- She created her self-titled YouTube channel on January 26, 2008. The channel with more than 2,500 videos, has already garnered more than 5 million subscribers with more than 900 million combined views.
- Her name is a portmanteau of her parents’ names Gloria and Ozell.
- In 2003, she relocated to Hollywood, California, United States, to pursue a career in acting and comedy.
- In 2008, she released her first viral video called My Push up Bra will help me get my man, which has already amassed more than 25 million views. Besides uploading random comedy stints and humorous content on her channel, she also started uploading more videos focused on her daily life, adventures, celebrity impersonations, song parodies, Internet fads, and many more.
- Some of the most popular videos in her earlier years included translations of pop songs such as Rihanna‘s Rude Boy and Kesha‘s Tik Tok.
- In 2011, GloZell’s growing fame was fueled after her vlog about meeting Elijah Wood was personally mentioned by the actor himself in an interview on the Jimmy Kimmel Live! show. The following year, her cinnamon challenge video quickly made a frenzy and was then ranked 4th on The Guardian‘s “Viral Video Chart” in February 2012. As of January 2020, the video has already accumulated more than 56 million views.
- In June 2012, GloZell was featured in the video Beauty and the Beat by Todrick Hall, a video that reimagines the opening of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast in which Bell lives in an urban African-American neighborhood. Around the same time, she was also featured in the musical web series Dr. Fabulous alongside Danny Trejo, Flavor Flav, and YouTube personalities Antone Dodson and Colleen Ballinger.
- She has performed her stand-up comedy act at venues such as The Comedy Store, The Improv, the Laugh Factory, Showtime at the Apollo, Steve Harvey Talent Show, and the J. Anthony Brown’s J Spot Comedy Club.
- She started hosting a free live variety show called GloZell Fest in 2013 with celebrity and YouTube guests including Sisaundra Lewis, Meghan Tonjes, Frankie Grande, Miranda Sings, and Far Young.
- Besides Is You Okay?, she has also published a book of inspirational poems called Wait! Let Me Tell You.
- In January 2015, GloZell interviewed Barack Obama during a YouTube livestream that was hosted at The White House.
- In 2017, she launched a new channel for preschoolers called GloBugz!.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia / CC-BY-SA-3.0