Miranda Sings, Cookie, Psycho Soprano, Fraggle
Santa Barbara, California, United States
Colleen studied at the San Marcos High School in Santa Barbara, California.
She was homeschooled through mid school.
In 2008, she completed her graduation with majors in vocal performance from Azusa Pacific University in California.
Comedian, Film and TV Actress, Singer, YouTube Personality
- Father – Tim Ballinger (Sales Manager)
- Mother – Gwen Ballinger (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Christopher Ballinger (Older Brother), Trent Ballinger (Older Brother), Rachel Ballinger (Younger Sister)
- Others – Bailey Ballinger (Niece), Jacob Ballinger (Nephew), Parker Ballinger (Nephew), Jessica Ballinger (Sister-in-Law), Andrew Trent (Cousin), Stefanie Trent (Cousin), Adam Trent (Cousin)
She is managed by The Gersh Agency.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Colleen Ballinger dated –
- Joshua David Evans (2009-2016) – Colleen was in a relationship with singer and YouTube personality Joshua David Evans. They became famous as a YouTube couple and were featured under this title on Nightline in 2015. The couple tied the knot on July 2, 2015, in California and their wedding video was viewed over 12 million times. Their marriage could not survive long and in September 2016, the Miranda Sings star declared that they were heading for divorce.
Race / Ethnicity
- Extensive use of ‘Haters, back off’ phrase
- Curly long tresses
- Arch-shaped eyebrows
35-23-34 in or 89-58.5-86 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
In 2016, Colleen was seen in TV commercials on DiGiorno pizza company.
Best Known For
Colleen gained fame with her online character Miranda Sings which is a very popular YouTube video series. The actress is also known for her one-woman comic acts in theater tours globally.
Another feather in her cap is the Netflix series Haters Back Off, a series in which she was featured as Miranda.
She made her film debut with Varla Jean and the Mushroomheads in 2011 playing the character of Miranda Sings.
First TV Show
In 2012, Colleen made her TV debut with Dr. Fubalous as Nurse Royal in six episodes. She also appeared as Miranda Sings for 1 episode.
Her personal trainer is not known and hence her exercise and diet regime.
Colleen Ballinger Favorite Things
- Pastime – Cooking, painting, playing ukulele
- Food – Chocolate chip cookies
- Band – The Bird and the Bee, The Weepies
- Animal – Cat
- Snapchat Filter – The Dog
- All-time Favorite Animated Movie – Beauty and the Beast (1991)
- World’s Favorite Person – Her dad
Colleen Ballinger Facts
- Colleen worked for Disney from 2007 to 2009. During this time, she also gave movement, voice coaching and piano lessons to kids apart from being a performer at parties and cabarets.
- In 2009, she started her one-woman comedy act under the character of Miranda Sings.
- In 2015, the actress bagged a Teen Choice Award under the Web Star: Comedy category and also won the Best Actress at the Streamy Awards.
- The Daily American ranked her character Miranda as the 7th Most Popular YouTube personality in 2015. The same year, The Hollywood Reporter ranked Miranda among the Top 25 Digital Stars.
- In July 2015, Colleen released a book that voiced the online character Miranda titled Self-Help. The book was an instant hit and was listed at the top of Publishers Weekly Hardcover Non-Fiction best-sellers and The New York Times Best Seller list for Advice, How-To & Miscellaneous.
- In December 2015, she and her partner Joshua Evans did many comic and music shows in California under the title of Colleen and Joshua’s Holiday Spectacular.
- The couple toured from California to Florida for over 11-performance tours for The Colleen & Josh Show.
- She is very good friends with YouTube personalities Frankie J. Grande and Glozell Green.
- You can follow her on Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.
- You can see the videos of her famous Miranda Sings character on the official website.