|Stephen Colbert Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||May 13, 1964|
Stephen Colbert is an American comedian, TV host, and writer who is best known for hosting the political satire-based TV show The Colbert Report (2005-2014) and the late-night talk show The Late Show with Stephen Colbert (2015-Present). Before this, he had gained tremendous recognition for his work, as a correspondent and writer, in the news-parody series The Daily Show (1997–2005). He has hosted several prominent award shows including the 69th Primetime Emmy Awards (2017). For his work, he was won numerous awards including Primetime Emmy Awards, Grammy Awards, and Peabody Awards. He was named in Time magazine’s list of ‘100 Most Influential People’ in both 2006 and 2012.
Stephen Tyrone Colbert
Washington, D.C., United States
Montclair, Essex County, New Jersey, United States
Stephen had attended the Porter-Gaud School in Charleston, South Carolina. He had then joined the Hampden–Sydney College in Virginia as a philosophy major in 1982 but had taken a transfer to Northwestern University School of Communication in Evanston, Illinois, in 1984. He had graduated from there as a theatre major in 1986.
Comedian, TV Host, Writer
- Father – James William Colbert, Jr. (Physician, Immunologist, Dean at Yale University, Dean at Saint Louis University, First Vice-president of Academic Affairs at the Medical University of South Carolina) (d. September 11, 1974)
- Mother – Lorna Elizabeth Colbert (née Tuck) (d. June 2013)
- Siblings – Paul Colbert (Older Brother) (d. September 11, 1974), William Colbert (Older Brother), Peter Colbert (Older Brother) (d. September 11, 1974), Edward Colbert (Older Brother), James Colbert (Older Brother), Thomas Colbert (Older Brother), Jay Colbert (Older Brother), Elizabeth Colbert Busch (Older Sister) (Economist), Margo Colbert (Older Sister), Mary Colbert (Older Sister)
- Others – Joseph McGee (Father-in-Law) (Civil Litigator), Catherine Ann Legare (Niece), Mary Legare Middleton (Niece), Robert Walker Legare Jr. (Nephew), Robert Legare (Ex-Brother-in-Law), Claus Wyman Busch III (Brother-in-Law), James William Colbert (Paternal Grandfather), Mary M. Tormey (Paternal Grandmother), Andrew Edward Tuck (Maternal Grandfather), Marie Elizabeth Fee (Maternal Grandmother)
Political Satire, Improvisational Comedy, Black Comedy, Character Comedy, Sketch Comedy, Surreal Humor
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Stephen has dated –
- Evelyn McGee (1990–Present) – Stephen had met actress Evelyn ‘Evie’ McGee in 1990 at the premiere of the chamber opera Hydrogen Jukebox at the Spoleto Festival USA in Charleston. A few moments after the encounter, they both realized that they had grown up together in Charleston and had many mutual friends. They began dating later that year and got married in 1993. They have 3 children together – 2 sons named Peter Colbert (Actor) and John Colbert (b. 2002) (Actor), and a daughter named Madeline Colbert (b. 1995).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of 15/16ths Irish descent and 1/16ths Alsatian German and English descent.
- Short-cropped, wavy hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
Stephen Colbert Facts
- Born in Washington, D.C., Stephen had spent his childhood years in Bethesda, Maryland, and James Island, South Carolina.
- As a child, he had noticed that Southern American citizens were often depicted in the mainstream media as being less intelligent than other characters. Hence, to avoid being stereotyped, he had learned to imitate the speech of American news anchors.
- As a youngster, he had had surgery to repair a severely perforated eardrum but the procedure had caused enough inner ear damage to leave him deaf in his right ear.
- He is an ordained minister with the Universal Life Church Monastery and used to teach Sunday school, an educational institution that is usually Christian in character.
- In February 2007, American ice-cream company Ben & Jerry’s had launched a new flavor in his honor, called Stephen Colbert’s AmeriCone Dream. All proceeds from its sales were donated to multiple charities.
- His 2007 book titled I Am America (And So Can You!) was listed at number 1 on The New York Times Best Seller List.
Featured Image by Stephen Colbert / Instagram