|Christina Ricci Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||February 12, 1980|
Christina Ricci is an American actress who is best know for portraying roles such as Wednesday Addams in The Addams Family, Liza Bump in Ally McBeal, Misty in Yellowjackets, Layla in Buffalo ’66, and Katrina Van Tassel in Sleepy Hollow. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as The Cemetery Club, Now and Then, Bastard out of Carolina, The Last of the High Kings, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, That Darn Cat, 200 Cigarettes, The Man Who Cried, War Flowers, New York, I Love You, Mothers and Daughters, The Matrix Resurrections, Malcolm in the Middle, Grey’s Anatomy, Pan Am, The Good Wife, Rick and Morty, and Z: The Beginning of Everything. For her acting skills, Christina has won numerous awards such as the Young Artist Award, Saturn Award, YoungStar Award, and Blockbuster Entertainment Award.
Santa Monica, California, U.S.
Christina attended many schools starting from Edgemont Elementary School, and then, Glenfield Middle School, and Montclair High School and finally the Morristown-Beard School in Morris County, New Jersey. After a year, Ricci left the high school to attend Professional Children’s School in New York City.
- Father – Ralph Ricci (Lawyer and Group Therapist)
- Mother – Sarah (Real Estate Agent)
- Siblings – Rafael Ricci (Older Brother), Dante Ricci (Older Brother), Pia Ricci (Older Sister)
Christina is signed to these modeling agencies –
- ICM Partners
- Management 360
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
49 kg or 108 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Christina Ricci dated –
- Devon Sawa (1994-1995) – Casper film co-stars Devon Sawa and Christina Ricci dated for a couple of months between 1994 and 1995.
- Johnny Depp (1999) – RUMOR
- Matthew Frauman (1999-2001) – Ricci and actor Matthew Frauman were an item from November 1999 to 2001.
- Adam Goldberg (2003-2007) – Christina, then dated actor Adam Goldberg for several years starting in 2003. They parted ways in April 2007.
- Chris Evans (2007) – Chris Evans (famous as Captain America) and Ricci were photographed arm-in-arm in 2007. They dated from May to September 2007.
- Kick Gurry (2007-2008) – Christina, then started dating Australian actor Kick Gurry in September 2007. The duo dated together for about 6 months before calling it quits in March 2008.
- Owen Benjamin (2008-2009) – American comedian and actor, Owen Benjamin started dating Ricci in March 2008. After dating for a year, the couple engaged on March 12, 2009. They were engaged only for a couple of months and decided to separate in June 2009 for their benefit.
- Curtis Buchanan (2009-2011) – After splitting from Owen Benjamin, Christina started dating photographer Curtis Buchanan in October 2009. They remained together for more than one and a half years, before ending their relationship in May 2011.
- James Heerdegen (2011-2020) – Dolly grip (Technician who is trained to operate the camera dolly during filmmaking) James Heerdegen and Christina Ricci started dating in June 2011. They met in 2011 during the filming of the TV series Pan Am. They engaged in October 2012 and married on October 26, 2013, in Manhattan. They welcomed a son named Freddie in August 2014. On July 2, 2020, after almost 7 years of marriage, the couple filed for divorce. In January 2021, it was reported that Christina had filed a domestic violence restraining order against James.
- In August 2021, Christina revealed that she was expecting her 2nd child.
- Mark Hampton (2021-Present) – In October 2021, Christina announced that she had tied the knot with hairdresser Mark Hampton. In December 2021, the couple welcomed their first child together, a daughter named Cleopatra Ricci Hampton.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Scottish-Irish ancestry.
- Short stature
- Tattoo of a lion on the right shoulder blade
35-23-34 in or 89-58.5-87 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
Ricci had appeared in print ads and television commercials on Gap clothing “Two White Shirts” (2002), Count Chocula and Frankenberry cereals (1989-1990), mLife from AT&T Wireless (2002), and Louis Vuitton (2004).
She has appeared in an emergency contraception national commercial.
Ricci is the spokesperson for Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN).
Best Known For
Appearing in films like The Addams Family (1991), Now and Then (1995), Little Red Riding Hood (1997), Prozac Nation (2001), and others.
Ricci appeared in the 1990 comedy-drama film Mermaids for her role as Kate Flax.
First TV Show
In 1990, Ricci played the role as Olivia in ABC’s drama series H.E.L.P. in an episode titled “Are You There, Alpha Centauri?”
Christina works out and takes care of her diet. During the filming of Pan Am, she stayed on proteins and vegetables. She ate less and also worked out in order to burn extra calories.
Ricci did Pilates at night. Her instructor told her about three different Pilates routines.
Christina Ricci Favorite Things
- TV Shows – Friends (1994-2004), The X-Files (1993-2002), Law & Order (1990-2010), The Simpsons (1989-), Will & Grace (1998-2006)
- Movies – My Own Private Idaho (1991), The Lord Of The Rings, Pulp Fiction (1994), Gangs of New York (2002), The Hours (2002)
- Actress – Amanda Plummer
- Novel – The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (By C. S. Lewis)
- Actors – James Woods, Viggo Mortensen
Christina Ricci Tattoos
- As of July 2022, she has 8 tattoos on her body.
- Christina has a tattoo of a a lion on her right shoulder blade and an Edward Gorey figure inside her right wrist.
- She has the words the words “Move or Bleed” tattooed on the left side of her rib cage.
- She has the tattoos of a bouquet of sweet peas on her lower back, a mermaid on her left ankle, a sparrow on her right breast, and a pair of praying hands on her left hip.
- In the past, she had got the name “Jack” tattooed on her right thigh. The tattoo is dedicated to a deceased pet.
Christina Ricci Facts
- Due to scheduling conflicts, Christina turned down the role of Ronna Martin in the 1999 movie Go, which later went to Sarah Polley.
- As a teenager, she suffered from anxiety and anorexia.
- She has a dog named Karen.
- Ricci was considered and turned down four times for the title role in the film Lolita (1997). The role finally went to Dominique Swain.
- When she was 13 (in 1993), her parents separated.
- Christina is best friends with actress Gaby Hoffmann.
- She used to wear braces when she was younger.
- She used to wear fur in the past and hence was ranked #1 in PETA’s “Worst Dressed List”. She received a letter from the organization and was requested to quit using animal furs. Christina finally decided to accept their pledge.
Featured Image By David Shankbone / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0