|Paula Poundstone Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||December 29, 1959|
Paula Poundstone is an American stand-up comedian, author, actor, interviewer, voiceover artist, and commentator. Over the course of her career, she has been a part of a variety of projects which include the likes of The Paula Poundstone Show, Inside Out, Late Night with David Letterman, When Stand Up Stood Out, The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson, Home Movies, Major Crimes, The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, Why We Laugh: Funny Women, Summer Camp Island, The Fungies!, Bravo’s Funny Girls – Paula Poundstone: Look What the Cat Dragged In, Hyperspace, 3 Still Standing, By Any Means Necessary, The Merv Griffin Show, An Evening at the Improv, Comic Relief III, Comic Relief V, Comic Relief VI, Comic Relief VII, Comic Relief 8, Bring Back Laughs, It’s Garry Shandling’s Show, The Comedy Club, Not Necessarily the News, No Brainer, Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, Poison, Reasonable Doubts, One Night Stand, Adventures from the Book of Virtues, Hercules, Cybill, By Any Means Necessary, Science Court, Paula Poundstone Goes to Harvard, Just for Laughs, Wisecracks, Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me Live!, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, The Rosie O’Donnell Show, and Paula Poundstone: Cats, Cops and Stuff.
Paula Ann Poundstone
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Paula Poundstone studied at Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School, a public regional high school located in Sudbury, Massachusetts.
Stand-up Comedian, Author, Actor, Interviewer, Voiceover Artist, Commentator
- Father – Jack Poundstone (Engineer)
- Mother – Vera Poundstone (Housewife)
Paula Poundstone has been signed with Independent Artist Group, Talent and Literary Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
Standup Comedy, Television, Radio, Print, Internet
Standup, Improvisational Comedy, Crowd Work, Voice Acting, Commentator, Interviewer
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, she has a net worth of $2 Million as of 2023.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Note – Paula Poundstone started serving as a foster parent in the 1990s and has fostered 8 children. She eventually adopted two daughters named Tashia and Allison (b. 1991) and a son named Thomas (b. 1993) in 1997.
Race / Ethnicity
- Wears suits and ties
- Usually sports short hair
Paula Poundstone has been cast in TV commercials for –
- Discover credit cards (1997)
- Coverna Direct Insurance (1999)
- Norm’s (voice) (2007)
Paula Poundstone Facts
- She was around a month old when her family shifted to Sudbury, Massachusetts.
- Growing up, she herself was a foster child.
- In 1979, she began doing stand-up comedy at open-mic nights in Boston.
- Along with Chris Elliott, Alan Marx, and Robert Bloodworth, Paula Poundstone co-starred as Karen (an employee at a local transmission repair shop) in the 1984 3D science fiction comedy film Hyperspace (also known as Gremloids).
- From 1997 to 1999, she was the voice of Judge Stone in the educational entertainment animation/non-traditional court show Science Court.
- Paula Poundstone was charged with felony child endangerment in October 2001 in connection with driving while intoxicated with her children in the car. In addition to that, she was also charged with three counts of lewd acts upon a girl younger than 14 and the charge involved inappropriate touching of a 12-year-old girl. Subsequently, she was barred from taking in foster children again, sentenced to 5 years of probation and 6 months in rehabilitation, and was ordered to perform 200 hours of community service, attend Alcoholics Anonymous meetings and a child abuse program, as well as receive random drug and alcohol tests.
- She provided vocals to the character of Forgetter Paula in the animated film Inside Out in 2015. The film stars the voices of Amy Poehler, Bill Hader, Mindy Kaling, Kaitlyn Dias, Diane Lane, Kyle MacLachlan, and others.
- In 2019, Poundstone voiced the character of Paulette in the animated adventure fantasy comedy television series Summer Camp Island.
Featured Image by Philkon Phil Konstantin / Wikimedia / Public Domain