|Bill Hader Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||June 7, 1978|
Bill Hader is an American comedian, actor, and producer who is famous for his work in films like You, Me and Dupree, Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian, Men in Black 3, and Maggie’s Plan. He has received numerous awards including an Emmy Award nominations and a Peabody Award for his performance in the show Saturday Night Live. Bill has also done various supporting roles in films like Superbad (2007), Tropic Thunder (2008), Forgetting Sarah Marshall (2008), Adventureland (2009), Paul (2011), and many others. He has also given his voice in films like The Angry Birds Movie, Inside Out, Finding Dory, and Monsters University.
When Bill moved to Los Angeles, he wanted to be a filmmaker and he dropped out of college for that. In 2008, he appeared in famous projects like Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Tropic Thunder, and Pineapple Express. He got his first lead role in the romantic-comedy film opposite Amy Schumer in Trainwreck (2015). Hader also appeared on the hit show Brooklyn Nine-Nine in the year 2015 as the captain of the 99th Precinct. That same year, he reunited with fellow SNL alumnus Fred Armisen to create Documentary Now!, wherein he was an actor and a writer.
William Thomas Hader Jr.
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Bill has attended several schools like Cascia Hall Preparatory School, Patrick Henry Elementary School, and Edison Junior High. He then went to complete his graduation at Scottsdale Community College but dropped out of it midway.
He also attended The Art Institute of Phoenix.
Comedian, Actor, Producer, Writer
- Father – William Thomas Hader (Restaurant Manager, Truck Driver, Part-time Comedian)
- Mother – Sherri Renee (Dance Teacher)
- Siblings – Katie Hader (Younger Sister), Kara Hader (Younger Sister)
Bill is represented by United Talent Agency (Talent Agency), Beverly Hills, California, United States.
Improvisational Comedy, Character Comedy, Sketch Comedy, and Insult Comedy
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Hader has dated –
- Maggie Carey (2005-2018) – Bill and writer-director Maggie Carey started dating in 2005 and then got married to each other in 2006. They have 3 daughters together namely Hannah Kathryn Hader (b. October 2009), Harper Hader (b. July 2012), and Hayley Hader (b. November 2014). They announced their separation in 2017 and filed for divorce in December and on March 1, 2018, they both were declared singles.
- Rachel Bilson – In December 2019, Bill was rumored to be dating actress Rachel Bilson after they were spotted together during a vacation. The couple confirmed their relationship by attending the 2020 Golden Globes together. However, they later broke up.
- Anna Kendrick – In January 2022, Bill was rumored to be dating actress Anna Kendrick. The couple reportedly broke up in June 2022.
- Ali Wong (2022; 2023-Present) – Bill started dating actress Ali Wong in 2022. However, they broke up after a few months. In April 2023, it was reported that the couple had rekindled their romance.
Race / Ethnicity
He has German, Danish, Irish, French Huguenot, and English ancestry.
Bill has been a part of various commercials like –
- Planters (2015) (Voice Over)
- Pringles Superbowl (2018)
- T-Mobile (2013)
- XFINITY (2016)
- Apple iPhone 6s (2015)
Best Known For
- Being a part of the series South Park and Saturday Night Live
- His work in You, Me and Dupree, Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian, Men in Black 3, and Maggie’s Plan
He made his theatrical film debut as Mark in You, Me and Dupree in 2006.
As a voice actor, he made his theatrical film debut as Soldier Sam in Doogal in 2006.
First TV Show
He made his TV show debut as Field Agent on Punk’d in April 2005.
As a voice actor, he made his TV show debut on Late Night with Conan O’Brien in 2006. However, he was uncredited for his role.
He made his credited TV show debut as a voice actor on Xavier: Renegade Angel in 2009.
Bill was seen on a TV show called What The Fit along with Kevin Hart where they were trying out various fitness equipment that shows Bill is a fitness enthusiast and likes to keep himself fit.
Bill Hader Favorite Things
- Color – Blue, Red
- Food – Fish Tacos
- TV Shows – Fargo, Snapped
- Movies – Taxi Driver, A Clockwork Orange, Ikiru, Waiting for Guffman
- Albums – Gang of Four, The Ramones, The Clash
- Bands – The National, Vampire Weekend, Savages, Eleanor Friedberger, Radiohead, The Flaming Lips
- Moment – When he said LIVE FROM NEW YORK, IT’S SATURDAY NIGHT for the first time
- Character – Stefon from Saturday Night Live
- Pet – Cats
- Cartoon – Bugs Bunny
- Beverage – Club-Soda
- Shoes – A pair of grey New Balances
- Pizza Topping – Cheese
- Books – Rock Springs by Richard Ford, Joseph Cotten’s autobiography, Vanity Will Get You Somewhere, Raven
Source – Time Out, Vulture, Oprah, AmatranScripts.com, NY Times
Bill Hader Facts
- He is a fan of crime shows.
- Bill used to have panic attacks while going on stage before SNL shows. He used to do Lamaze breathing exercises with his wife to calm down before the shows.
- He wanted to be a director when he first moved to Los Angeles.
- Bill is allergic to peanuts.
- He was not able to get into the schools of his choice since he could not get good grades.
- Bill is an avid reader.
- He had also worked as a personal assistant to Arnold Schwarzenegger on the sets of Collateral Damage.
- Before fame, he had also worked as a limousine driver.
- He is a member of a group called Animals from the Future.
- His biggest influences for comedy have been Monty Python and This Is Spinal Tap.
- He was the producer for the 13th season of South Park.
- Once while shooting for an episode for Finding Your Roots, he discovered that he is one of the descendants of Charlemagne and King Edward I of England.
- Hader got his major breakthrough in the show Saturday Night Live where he made his debut on October 1, 2005. He, later on, left the show since he and his wife had to travel frequently to Los Angeles.
- He has worked as a production assistant in a lot of films like Scorpian King, Surreal Life, etc.
- Bill mostly spends his time reading and watching films.
- He never really fit in his friend circle while he was in school.
- His role as Officer Slater from the 2007 film Superbad was based on a real police officer who arrested him in the past.
- He isn’t active on social media.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0