Arnold Alois Schwarzenegger
Arnie, Austrian Oak, Conan the Republican, Styrian Oak, The Governator, The Running Man, Conan the Governor, The Machine
Thal, Styria, Austria
Austria, and United States
Arnold attended University of Wisconsin–Superior and later to Santa Monica College.
At 15, he studied psychology to take benefits about how mind work over body.
Actor, filmmaker, businessman, investor, author, activist, politician, philanthropist, former professional bodybuilder
- Father – Gustav Schwarzenegger (Former Military Officer and later police officer) (August 17, 1907 – December 13, 1972)
- Mother – Aurelia Schwarzenegger (née Jadrny) (July 29, 1922 – August 2, 1998)
- Siblings – Meinhard Schwarzenegger (Older Brother) (Died at 24 in a car accident) (July 17, 1946 – May 20, 1971)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
111 kg or 245 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Arnold Schwarzenegger dated –
- Barbara Baker (1969-1974) – In 1969, Arnold started dating Barbara Baker who was waitressing near Gold’s gym. She was Arnold’s first serious girlfriend. They split in 1974 after dating for 5 years.
- Kellie Everts (1972) – In 1972, Arnold had a fling with Rasa von Werder (or Kellie Everts) who is a former stripper and bodybuilder.
- Sue Moray (1977) – In July 1977, Arnold met Beverly Hills based hairdresser’s assistant on Venice beach and dated for a very short time.
- Maria Shriver (1977-2011) – In August 1977, Arnold started dating Maria Shriver who is a journalist, activist, and author. They met at 1977 Robert F Kennedy Tennis Tournament. Maria is also the niece of former U.S. President John F. Kennedy. They got married on April 26, 1986. The couple has 4 biological children, Katherine Eunice Schwarzenegger (b. December 13, 1989), Christina Maria Aurelia Schwarzenegger (b. July 23, 1991), Patrick Arnold Shriver Schwarzenegger (b. September 18, 1993), and Christopher Sargent Shriver Schwarzenegger (b. September 27, 1997). The couple spent 25 years in marriage and called it quits in May 2011. In July 2011, Maria filed for divorce.
- Eleanor Mondale (1979) – In 1979, radio and TV personality, Eleanor Mondale and Arnold had a fling with each other. Eleanor died on September 17, 2011.
- Debra Wrenn (1982) – In 1982, Arnold hooked up with Debra Wrenn and they have a child from this relationship, a daughter Christina Lynne.
- Brigitte Nielsen (1984-1985) – Danish-born actress, singer and model, Brigitte Nielsen and Arnold were romantically linked to each other during the filming of Red Sonja (1985), in which both starred. She is 16 years his junior.
- Rachel Ticotin (1989) – Next, Arnold dated his Total Recall (1990) co-star Rachel Ticotin in 1989. Though, it was just an encounter.
- Gigi Goyette (1989-1996) – For 7 long years, Arnold had an extramarital affair with Gigi Goyette from 1989 to 1996. Gigi was his mistress and he used to visit her to relax when his then-wife Maria wasn’t there to relieve him. Though later, Gigi backtracked from these claims.
- Vanessa Williams (1995) – Actress and singer, Vanessa Williams and Schwarzenegger were RUMORed to have had a fling with each other in 1995.
- Mildred Patricia Baena (1996-1997) – Arnold then hooked up with Guatemalan homemaker, Mildred Patricia Baena. They dated for about 2 months from December 1996 to February 1997. He has another child from this relationship, named, Joseph Baena (b. October 2, 1997).
- Heather Milligan (2013) – In 2013, Arnold started dating physical therapist Heather Milligan. She is about 27 years his junior.
Race / Ethnicity
- Big muscular body
- Multi-talented personality
- Heavy Austrian accent
- Deep resonant voice
- Commonly says “I’ll be back” in movies.
Arnold Schwarzenegger’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 58 in or 147 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 22 in or 56 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86 cm
- Calves – 20 in or 51 cm
- Thighs – 28.5 in or 72 cm
He may not have maintained the above specific figures now as he has left bodybuilding.
He is speculated to be wearing a shoe of size 11.5 (US).
Arnold has appeared in TV commercials for e.on Mix-Power (Germany) (2001), ÖBB (Österreichische Bundesbahn), some political commercials (as California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger), DirecTV (Japan) (1997), Energy drink (Japan), Hop’s beer (Japan), Nissin Cup Noodle, California Travel and Tourism Board, Diet 7Up (1981), Bud Light beer, etc.
Arnold also endorsed Republican John Kasich during the 2016 United States presidential election.
Best Known For
Being one of the greatest bodybuilders of all times and his heavy duty super action roles in the Hollywood films.
As a Politician
Arnold as a politician is from United States’ Republican party. He served as the 38th Governor of California for two consecutive terms from 2003 to 2011.
In 1969, Arnold debuted with low-budget fantasy adventure film Hercules in New York where he played the title role as Hercules.
First TV Show
In 1977, Arnold was seen in The Streets of San Francisco where he played the role as Josef Schmidt in just one episode entitled “Dead Lift.”
He started his bodybuilding in the United States under the supervision of Joe Weider at Gold’s Gym in Venice, Los Angeles, California.
Check out Arnold’s Blueprint training program video –
Arnold used to train his chest and back together in a single workout session as a superset. It would help him to save time and spend time on the quality workout, plus it made him bigger much easier and he could lift more weight. Get to know more about his fitness regime at Simply Shredded.
Arnold Schwarzenegger Favorite Things
- Food – Steak
- Exercise – Bent-Over Rows
- Movie – Kindergarten Cop (1990)
- Color – Red
Source – BodyBuilding, IMDb, Twitter
Arnold Schwarzenegger Facts
- Arnold has started a film production company called “Oak Productions, Inc.” Arnold also owns a publishing company called “Fitness Publications,” which is a joint venture between him and Simon & Schuster.
- At 15 (some websites claim at the age as 14), the famous bodybuilder commenced weight training.
- In his entire career of bodybuilding, he won the Mr. Olympia title for a remarkable 7 times.
- His last name “Schwarzenegger” means black plowman / ploughman.
- Arnold’s parents were very strict. If he used to do anything wrong or disobeyed them, he used to get a beating with a rod. He actually considers himself to have faced “child abuse” from his dad as he was beaten with rods, belts and his hair was also pulled.
- His dad used to give preference to his older brother Meinhard over him.
- For a year, in 1965, Arnold served in the Austrian military.
- Arnold grew up in a lower-middle-class family and he suffered from financial problems.
- In 1960, he picked the barbell for the first time.
- At 14, he decided to become a pro bodybuilder instead of a soccer player (as he was active in soccer back then).
- His dad wanted Arnold to be a police officer like he himself was. Arnold’s mother wanted him to go to a trade school.
- Reg Park, Johnny Weissmuller, and Steve Reeves were his bodybuilding idols.
- Arnold has also lent his voice to various video games such as Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff in 2014 and WWE 2K16 in 2015.
- In 1968, along with fellow bodybuilder Franco Columbu, Arnold started a bricklaying business which saw success.
- Arnold also tried his luck in the restaurant business when he opened a restaurant Schatzi On Main in Santa Monica in 1992. But, in 1998, he had to sell it.
- In June 1997, Arnold purchased a private Gulfstream jet for $38 million.
- With WWE Hall of Famer André the Giant, Schwarzenegger was very good friends.
- He is related to actor George Wyner.
- He is a big fan of cigar smoking and WWE wrestling.
- Arnold became a U.S. citizen in 1983.
- At the age of 21, he relocated to the United States. Though, he wanted to go there since the age of 10.
- In 2002, he was termed as the most famous immigrant in America by LA Weekly.
- Visit his official website @ www.schwarzenegger.com.
- Connect with Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.